28 Day Hug - November

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I subscribed to 28 Day Hug over the weekend, and it just arrived....(good timing)

I am not really "wowed" by it. I signed up mainly for the chocolate but for the price I guess I can buy it more for my taste. The tea and chocolate are both raspberry flavored.

I received the exact same items.  I wasn't impressed, but I did like their suggestion of having it arrive at your office instead of home--it provides a nice pick-me-up.  I'll try for another month or two to see if it improves.

I subbed too. The only thing I can say is that the shipping was so fast. I'm Not really a fan of raspberry which is fine but I just feel like its thrown together. This is my cheapest sub so I don't expect too much, but still. I DO like the fact that it's not cheap chocolate. I'll use this bar as a stocking stuffer for my mom. Someone suggested I email them, and tell them to step it up. Not a bad idea for all of us to do.

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the exact same items.  I wasn't impressed, but I did like their suggestion of having it arrive at your office instead of home--it provides a nice pick-me-up.  I'll try for another month or two to see if it improves.
 I'm with you!

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I subbed too. The only thing I can say is that the shipping was so fast. I'm Not really a fan of raspberry which is fine but I just feel like its thrown together. This is my cheapest sub so I don't expect too much, but still. I DO like the fact that it's not cheap chocolate. I'll use this bar as a stocking stuffer for my mom.

Someone suggested I email them, and tell them to step it up. Not a bad idea for all of us to do.
 It was me; can't help to try.  The chocolate was really good and the tea helped!

I guess I'm not a fan of yogi tea in general. I tried their other flavors before and didn't like them...and this one was horrible for me took two sips and poured it out. The chocolate was nice, don't really eat flavored chocolate or dark chocolate but it tasted  nice. We'll see how next month goes...but I I expected more for sure.....

From 28dayhug, to those who subbed: 

We want to say THANK YOU!!
For being an early adopter of the new 28 day Hug service.
It's so wonderful to be working for a group of women who get it and we are going to keep trying to perfect a service that helps you feel a little more lovely during that time.

So please accept our heartfelt thanks - you are wonderful!!

xoxo

SO sweet!  Makes me want to continue to support them!

Has anyone gotten their new month? I think I will unsubscribe now. Can I spoil? I'm on my phone so I can't do a link (sorry)....... I got the same thing as last month. The shower tablet may be a different scent. The chocolate is organic dark cherry (kinda sounds good) and three African mighty leaf bags. This is a cute idea but...no. I don't need shower tablets and I have a lot of tea. If I want chocolate I'll go buy it. This isn't really a "pick me up" because every month will be the same deal.

Has anyone gotten their new month? I think I will unsubscribe now. Can I spoil? I'm on my phone so I can't do a link (sorry).......
I received mine last week and I'm in the same boat.  I think I'll give it one more month to see how it goes.  I like the concept of getting a small box at work with things I can use at work (tea/chocolate), but this month, they shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address.  I emailed them and they basically said "Ooops, sorry." Kind of a big mistake. As this box is definitely one where you could get the individual pieces cheaper than the cost of the box, it's hard to justify keeping it....

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received mine last week and I'm in the same boat.  I think I'll give it one more month to see how it goes.  I like the concept of getting a small box at work with things I can use at work (tea/chocolate), but this month, they shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address.  I emailed them and they basically said "Ooops, sorry." Kind of a big mistake. As this box is definitely one where you could get the individual pieces cheaper than the cost of the box, it's hard to justify keeping it....
I just received mine and I feel the same way.  It was lackluster this month and I really wanted to support them but....  I need to cutback on subs and what a better way to start.  I just cancelled and it feels so good. 

Has anyone gotten their new month? I think I will unsubscribe now. Can I spoil? I'm on my phone so I can't do a link (sorry).......

I got the same thing as last month. The shower tablet may be a different scent. The chocolate is organic dark cherry (kinda sounds good) and three African mighty leaf bags. This is a cute idea but...no. I don't need shower tablets and I have a lot of tea. If I want chocolate I'll go buy it. This isn't really a "pick me up" because every month will be the same deal.
mine is orange flavored. I'm eating it now and it tastes just like those orange shaped chocolates that they sell during the holidays. I never liked them so I'm kinda bummed. I also am considering cancelling. I'll give them one more month to improve! 

Does anyone know how to cancel? They did upgrade on the bath thing but the chocolate is super tiny and I never like the tea flavors...... I don't see an option online for it....

This sub always makes me chuckle. It would be a tough proposition to brighten my day on one of the worst days of the month, and a tiny piece of chocolate could make it worse, especially if it didn't show up on time.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how to cancel? They did upgrade on the bath thing but the chocolate is super tiny and I never like the tea flavors...... I don't see an option online for it....
Send them an e-mail.  If you've received an e-mail from Good & Lovely, they're the ones you should contact.  Hope this helps.  I cancelled as well.

The people who own Good&Lovely are very nice!  I cancelled the 28 day hug, and they sent me the sweetest personal email.  I've felt really guilty about canceling.

I know what you mean, but we've got to take care of our financial health and they were so lacklusetr, I didn't feel too bad.  I want to support small businesses, but I want to feel like I'm getting soemthing special and my money's worth.

3 packets Rainforest Mate by Mighty Leaf Tea

Aromatherapaes Stress Reducing Foot Cream by Smith & Vandiver (.75 fl oz)
4 Capsules of Green Tea Extract by pure matters (2 servings)
Dagoba Organic Chocolate: xocalatl rich dark chocolate, chilies & nibs (.32 oz)
Bug Bites Organic Dark Chocolate by endangered species chocolate (.35 oz)
Chimp Mints Organic Dark Chocolate & Mint by endangered species chocolate (.35 oz)
I was pretty excited about the stuff I got and the shipping was super fast! 

I think any company that only sends tiny pieces of chocolate or candy is just BAD BAD BAD.

I don't care what the cost of the sub is but at least would expect  a whole chocolate bar or at least a regular size Hershey bar or a couple treat size ones.

Guess maybe that is why I am ordering my own chocolate and candy online.

I just ordered stuff from the online drugstore and added to my cart a 75 gram mint truffle something o other bar and other random candy.

Better to have too much chocolate than not enough!

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This sub always makes me chuckle. It would be a tough proposition to brighten my day on one of the worst days of the month, and a tiny piece of chocolate could make it worse, especially if it didn't show up on time.

Back