-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

Beauty.com experience

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   DropsofKarma

DropsofKarma

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I just a pretty fantastic haul from Beauty.com's 20% off sale. My package arrived in two business days, all is well. I purchased theBalm's Nude-A-tude palette and I notice something strange. The palette is bent at all of it's corners, no clear protective film and one of the shadows looked swatched. I've attached a photo and you can see the shadow isn't pressed like the others. 

I'm not mad about it. I'm not demanding my money back. I can easily disinfect the shadows. I'm just looking for a new store for online makeup but I don't want to purchase a product that someone may have tampered with. I emailed customer service and the representative told me all their products are new and it must be a delivery error and credited me 5 dollars. 

Not complaining but I'm curious if anybody experience this issue before. 

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   BLee

BLee

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 24-September 12
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

I got my Ocho Loco by UD and skin care from them and all was good. So sorry about your package. Hummmmm....get a new one. You payed for it.

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   19ten20

19ten20

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

This may have been a product that someone had previously returned after they swatched it. If I were you I would fight to get my money back as I would never want a product that was tampered with. They wouldn't expect you to buy a swatched product from a physical store, so why should you buy one from an online store?

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   DropsofKarma

DropsofKarma

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

19ten20 is right. I'm putting this product around my eye and would never purchase a product that has been swatched by a total stranger. I emailed them explaining the situation and the site comes with a "Satisfaction Guarantee", so I can either get a refund or a replacement. I'll keep this thread updated with the results.

I did purchase some Urban Decay products and they all came in their respective packages. 

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   DropsofKarma

DropsofKarma

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

OK, I got a shipping label and no explanation why the product I received was in the condition that it was in. Sigh. 

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   beautydotcom

beautydotcom

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12
Reviews

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi there DropsOfKarma! My name is Dean and I'm a supervisor with Beauty.com customer care. I'm so sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory shadow palette you received and that your customer care experience was disappointing. Could you please forward your account information/order number to Link deleted per Terms of Service. ? I'd be happy to make this right for you!