Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Petite Cologne Absolue

« She turned the dial until the safe opened, revealing the diamond. She had stolen jewels before, but none compared with this one. She left a single rose and the scent of her perfume in its place for him to find. In a moment she’d be halfway around the world and he would be in pursuit. The chase began again…» Rose Anonyme, a breathtaking seductress caught in a stolen affair between light and dark, Turkish Rose Absolute sparkles and intrigues beneath notes of spicy Ginger, enwrapped in sultry veil of Velvet Oud, Indonesian Patchouli, mystic Papyrus and Somalian Incense.

• Handcrafted leather cap
• Removable pump allows for splash or spray use

Made in France

Information: Cologne Absolue concentrated at 18% Top notes: Bergamot from Calabria - Italy, Ginger from China, Turkish Rose Essence Heart notes: Turkish Rose Absolue, Incense from Somalia, Velvet Oud Accord Base notes: Patchouli from Indonesia, Papyrus from India, Benjoin from Laos

Sold at Birchbox ($75 30 ml), Atelier Cologne ($195 200 ml)

This cologne has been sent out several time by Birchbox to their members. Have you received this cologne? What did you think of it? Did you buy a full size bottle?

I really like Rose Anonyme.  To me, it's a rose scent for the night... it's really deep and a little woody and musky.  Definitely unisex; it's a  rose scent a man could easily pull off, IMO.

If you want to sample it, shoot a quick email to Atelier and express an interest.  I sampled their Orange Sanguine through Birchbox and wanted to make a purchase, but found other scents on their site that might have appealed to me more.  Since their colognes are a bit pricey, I wanted to be sure I was choosing the best one.  I sent them an email and they sent me some samples.  That was the easy part... now I have to choose between Orange Sanguine and Grand Neroli.

I found this thread when I googled "Atelier Cologne Rose". I JUST received this scent in my November Birchbox and I absolutely love it! I'm for sure going to buy it this week (I've got a 20% off coupon this month). I think this scent might be very popular in France because I lived there for a year last year and I'm pretty sure a ton of women wore this so wearing it makes me feel very French. It is a wonderful fragrance though,it's soft but strong (bold?) at the same time. 

Wow, I think I disagree with everyone. To me, this smelled very, very, old-lady-ish. I honestly thought it smelled like a nursing home where all the old ladies's perfumes are mixing together; an unpleasant, muddled scent. I passed it on to my great-aunt and she loves it. I do have to say though that the scent lasted a long time. I spilled a drop on my hand while opening the vial and it lasted through repeated hand washings.

Wow, I think I disagree with everyone. To me, this smelled very, very, old-lady-ish. I honestly thought it smelled like a nursing home where all the old ladies's perfumes are mixing together; an unpleasant, muddled scent. I passed it on to my great-aunt and she loves it. I do have to say though that the scent lasted a long time. I spilled a drop on my hand while opening the vial and it lasted through repeated hand washings.
I second this opinion on the scent. I received it in my Birchbox today. I love Orange Sanguine, which I purchased a full-size of through Birchbox, but I find Rose Anonyme to be unpleasant. I sniffed it but did not apply it as well. It's up for trade. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I cannot smell the Rose at all. I get myrrh and musk and that's it. I love getting fragrance samples, and since I don't have anyone I can give the ones I don't like, I trade for something fruity, generally. I just want to know what different fragrances are like, you know. I was so dissappointed that I did not get a sample of perfume in my October Birchbox (first time in 7 months), that I went and got 2 with a purchase at Ulta. Lol

Originally Posted by SupItsStephanie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes to the lasting power!  Atelier send me 9 samples to try, and I LOVE the first four I tried.  But I can't dump enough on me to have much scent, and what I do get is gone before I leave the house!  This rose, which I HATE, lasts forever and a day.  =(  It's way too strong for me.  If you guys are saying musky, that must be it - I hate musks.

I e-mailed Atelier Cologne last night. I got a reply today that said watch my mailbox for samples. I said I love Orange Sanguine, which I bought in April, and I want to try the others. Orange Sanguine lasts all day on me. I can't wait to try the others.

I did not like the Rose Anonyme at all. I own a lot of perfume and like another poster said, this one smelled like an old lady to me.

Didn't help that I tested it and held my wrist out to my husband for a whiff. He crinkled his nose and said, "Reminds me of my mother."

Yeah, I want to smell like my MIL . . .

This sample came in my daughter's BB this month.  We were both unimpressed and thought that it smelled very mature.  My daughter's bestie stayed with us for the weekend and she said she liked it because it reminded her of her grandma.  It also reminded me of another scent and then I looked at this thread and Peridotcricket stated that she smelled myrrh and then it hit me...if you took roses and mixed it with Harvey Prince Yogini the end result would be this fragrance.  I didn't like Yogini, either, so I must not like myrrh scents.  

Please PM me if you want to trade or sell! I LOVE this scent! (sorry if this violates terms of service, wasn't sure!)

Latest posts

Back