The Big Pink Box Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i haven't seen this as a topic yet, but i have been subscribed to the big pink box for about two months. It is filled with products from women owned businesses and so far as been fantastic!

here was my first box from October

and my box from November

so far i have been pretty happy.

Is anyone else subscribed?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

More info please. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It looks interesting.
It is from http://www.sp3ctrum.com/Women-Support-Women.html (this also has more info but i will sum it up!)

It is a monthly box (25$), that sends out different products from small women owned business. These products can be makeup, accessories, clothes, soap, etc. It changes monthly. Each box comes with business cards so you know who to contact if you want to buy more of a certain item. There are only 100 boxes a month so they have a personalized feel. I like knowing I'm supporting small women owned business and i think its really nice to get items you know you wont get in any other boxes. =]

There used to be a "my little pink box" wonder if there is any affiliation.

Looks pretty plain to me, not something I would sub to. I have gotten picky with all these darn subscriptions!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There used to be a "my little pink box" wonder if there is any affiliation.

Looks pretty plain to me, not something I would sub to. I have gotten picky with all these darn subscriptions!
I don't think they have any affiliation with them. I'm picky too so i understand where you are coming from. Its not perfect by any means, but i do like everything its stands for, and how its not like other subscriptions I'm already subscribed to.

Oh I hope you don't think I was coming off rudely. I appreciate what it stands for as well with small businesses. We need more of that!

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think they have any affiliation with them. I'm picky too so i understand where you are coming from. Its not perfect by any means, but i do like everything its stands for, and how its not like other subscriptions I'm already subscribed to.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I hope you don't think I was coming off rudely. I appreciate what it stands for as well with small businesses. We need more of that!
OH no no no! I didn't think you were coming off rudely at all!! I didn't mean to word it in a way that would make you feel that way. Im sorry =[

No problem! I am sorry too. Haha.

OH no no no! I didn't think you were coming off rudely at all!! I didn't mean to word it in a way that would make you feel that way. Im sorry =[

I LOVE THE IDEA OF THIS!!! Our business is woman owned, but we work in a predominantly male operated industry

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE THE IDEA OF THIS!!! Our business is woman owned, but we work in a predominantly male operated industry
You should get in touch with Amber Rose, she is the one who sells the box on her site, maybe you can get your product in it!

Well we actually have a printing business in San Francisco, so I don't exactly know what type of product I would advertise. Our concentration is with architects, engineers, and constructors.

You should get in touch with Amber Rose, she is the one who sells the box on her site, maybe you can get your product in it!

Hey guys, the January Box is now on sale! (Decembers is already sold out!) So if anyone is interested in this box you can get it here

http://thebigpinkbox.com/Get-The-Big-Pink-Box/

this is not a referral link, just a link to the site so you can find out more information or purchase a box.

There is only 100 every month, so sale starts early!

I already got mine!

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if this is similar to the My Pretty Pink Box that was around a couple of years ago?
No, this is completely new and unrelated to that previous box. =] (well not totally new, its been out for a few months now, but still not related, Spectrum cosmetics runs this box and it is small women owned business who contribute their products.)

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if this is similar to the My Pretty Pink Box that was around a couple of years ago?
No, this is completely new and unrelated to that previous box. =] (well not totally new, its been out for a few months now, but still not related, Spectrum cosmetics runs this box and it is small women owned business who contribute their products.)

Okay cool, thank you:)

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay cool, thank you:)
welcome! =] When i get decembers box in (which they had two versions i got both) i will make sure to upload the pics here since i know the first two might not give you a full idea of the box.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i found reviews of october and november if y'all want to see more

http://thecosmeholic.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-big-pink-box-review-and-swatches.html

http://thecosmeholic.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-big-pink-box-november-review.html

i can see the appeal of it but the accessories scream tacky/cheaply made with a high mark up. the stuff i thought looked the most appealing was the soaps and cosmetics.
lol those are mine. i so agree about that to a point (the jewelery), the soaps and cosmetics were some of the best parts, but i just look at is as im supporting small women owned bussiness, and while some products may not be the best others i would have never got to try if i didn't get the box.

I'm just peeved at the idea of them sending a size small shirt to customers who may or may not be able to wear a size small. No way in hell would that fit me!  Why would you send out clothing without collecting sizes?!

lol those are mine. i so agree about that to a point (the jewelery), the soaps and cosmetics were some of the best parts, but i just look at is as im supporting small women owned bussiness, and while some products may not be the best others i would have never got to try if i didn't get the box.
hahaha i was wondering if they were yours or not! i love the mission behind it, and i know i would accumulate tons of accessories i wouldn't use but that's what gifts are for, right?

did you happen to sign up for december too? i'm interested in seeing who else they partner with.

Latest posts

Back