Ipsy & theBalm Meet Matt(e) in Matt Batali Eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
One of the items in the Ipsy November bag was theBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali.

It is a dark matte color perfect for smokey eye looks. It is one of nine in a palette called the Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette. Meet Matt(e) is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates.

So did you get one of these? How do you like it? Questions or comments?

I got it and I bought the whole palette because ipsy was offering 50% off on it. Its coming today, can't wait to try it.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of the items in the Ipsy November bag was theBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow.

It is a dark matte color perfect for smokey eye looks. It is one of nine in a palette called the Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette. Meet Matt(e) is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates.

So did you get one of these? How do you like it? Questions or comments?

I wasn't expecting to like the eyeshadow as much as I do! It is soft and easy to apply. The color is also very nice and I've already been able to wear it a few times. I apply a base of UD Sin, blend Matt Batali inward from my outer eye, and apply UD Creep close to my lashline. I love it!

I absolutely love this eyeshadow as well! I had never tried theBalm eyeshadows, but after getting this I ordered the palette as well, and can't wait to try them all!! Ive worn it in my outer v for a subtle smokey look. I've gotten tons of compliments, and would highly recommend!

I love this eyeshadow too! it has great pigment, I also used it on the outer V along with a dark purple shade and they blend great! Filled my eyebrows a little bit with it too, and worked amazing!

I have always leaned towards matte shadows as I think that they are generally more flattering for daily looks (and on all ages too) and the effect when used in conjunction with shimmers always feels more complete to me than just shimmers itself.  That being said, it has always been annoying to me that matte shadows aren't that easy to come by.  I feel as if there is a bias against their patchy nature which I have never personally had issues with.  I have bought a palette here and there mostly for the one or two mattes inside, but I've been looking for a collection of only mattes outside of the WnW I <3 Matte palette (which I have dropped and shattered a few colors already).  I was a bit dubious of this particular TheBalm set simply because of how dark the colors looked, but upon using the Ipsy sample I was very pleased with how pigmented yet sheer and buildable it was which actually made it significantly easier to achieved the shadowed effect in my crease that I was going for.

So thrilled was I that I ordered this yesterday before the sale was over figuring it will be a nice addition to my collection.  I wish the colors were more warm, but the variety provided should easily be able to contribute to many looks.  Maybe a meet matte 2 with warmer shades is set for the future.

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have always leaned towards matte shadows as I think that they are generally more flattering for daily looks (and on all ages too) and the effect when used in conjunction with shimmers always feels more complete to me than just shimmers itself.  That being said, it has always been annoying to me that matte shadows aren't that easy to come by.  I feel as if there is a bias against their patchy nature which I have never personally had issues with.  I have bought a palette here and there mostly for the one or two mattes inside, but I've been looking for a collection of only mattes outside of the WnW I <3 Matte palette (which I have dropped and shattered a few colors already).  I was a bit dubious of this particular TheBalm set simply because of how dark the colors looked, but upon using the Ipsy sample I was very pleased with how pigmented yet sheer and buildable it was which actually made it significantly easier to achieved the shadowed effect in my crease that I was going for.

So thrilled was I that I ordered this yesterday before the sale was over figuring it will be a nice addition to my collection.  I wish the colors were more warm, but the variety provided should easily be able to contribute to many looks.  Maybe a meet matte 2 with warmer shades is set for the future.
I know you're not looking for a I ♥ Matte however if you ever want to replace it, the WnW (limited edition) Drinking A Glass of Shine is the renamed I ♥ Matte.

Let me know what you think of Meet Matte :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If you're still looking for a warm matte palette, I'd recommend the Lorac Pro palette; it's half matte and half shimmery shadows, nicely pigmented and not streaky/chalky. I've been using it pretty much every day since I got it lol

I've been looking for a collection of only mattes outside of the WnW I <3 Matte palette (which I have dropped and shattered a few colors already). . .  So thrilled was I that I ordered this yesterday before the sale was over figuring it will be a nice addition to my collection.  I wish the colors were more warm, but the variety provided should easily be able to contribute to many looks.  

I already had the Meet Matte palette from picking it up for half price on Hautelook a while back. I hadn't really used it but have looked at it recently since getting the Ipsy sample. The color in my palette is way more purple than the sample. The palette one looks like a deep eggplant, while the sample looks brown/gray with a hint of purple.

Wow, this thread completely slipped through the cracks for me. Whoops.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let me know what you think of Meet Matte :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If you're still looking for a warm matte palette, I'd recommend the Lorac Pro palette; it's half matte and half shimmery shadows, nicely pigmented and not streaky/chalky. I've been using it pretty much every day since I got it lol
While I somehow missed this post, I happened to catch it in the Naked thread, but you are doubly right: I am interested! That palette is now on my wish list because it looks awesome even though I feel like I might hold off until I make a bigger dent in my original Naked palette to justify it.  It's honestly just exactly how I would have organized a neutrals palette if I did it myself, so that's awesome.

What is starting to concern me is that I never got my TheBalm palette!  It shows electronic notification for shipping on the 21st with no updates since then.  I don't need it right now, and it's better than them telling me it was delivered when it wasn't, but yeesh.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know you're not looking for a I ♥ Matte however if you ever want to replace it, the WnW (limited edition) Drinking A Glass of Shine is the renamed I ♥ Matte.

Thanks for the heads up, but I had noticed this and I think Temptalia was complaining about the quality of the "re-issue" which gave me some pause.  Of course she could have gotten a bad palette, and she never reviewed the first one, so this wasn't the real deal breaker.  The real deal breaker that is a personal problem is that I have broken more than my fair share of shadows in my WnW palettes.  As much as I like the quality for the price and the portability factor, I am getting tired of throwing my money away on something that breaks too easily.  The cost per use for me with these is turning out to be higher than expensive palettes if I only use it a few times before some colors become unusable or difficult to use because there is floating powder from other shades that sticks to the other colors.  I also have noticed that I'm great at just so happening to break the limited edition ones in particular.  Part of my problem is I store my mostly used makeup overhead in my bathroom, but these things can't take a short fall into the sink much less a long one onto the floor.  Meh.

I am only subscribing to ipsy for december,I wasnt interested in anything for november except the meet matte eyeshadow, but I knew the pigmentation was good. I tested it at rexall and have been waiting to get 95 airmiles to get $10 off the palette!!

But if the palette is different from the sample you all received that is really odd and kind of makes me skeptical about buying it...

Wow, this thread completely slipped through the cracks for me. Whoops.

While I somehow missed this post, I happened to catch it in the Naked thread, but you are doubly right: I am interested! That palette is now on my wish list because it looks awesome even though I feel like I might hold off until I make a bigger dent in my original Naked palette to justify it.  It's honestly just exactly how I would have organized a neutrals palette if I did it myself, so that's awesome.

What is starting to concern me is that I never got my TheBalm palette!  It shows electronic notification for shipping on the 21st with no updates since then.  I don't need it right now, and it's better than them telling me it was delivered when it wasn't, but yeesh.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the heads up, but I had noticed this and I think Temptalia was complaining about the quality of the "re-issue" which gave me some pause.  Of course she could have gotten a bad palette, and she never reviewed the first one, so this wasn't the real deal breaker.  The real deal breaker that is a personal problem is that I have broken more than my fair share of shadows in my WnW palettes.  As much as I like the quality for the price and the portability factor, I am getting tired of throwing my money away on something that breaks too easily.  The cost per use for me with these is turning out to be higher than expensive palettes if I only use it a few times before some colors become unusable or difficult to use because there is floating powder from other shades that sticks to the other colors.  I also have noticed that I'm great at just so happening to break the limited edition ones in particular.  Part of my problem is I store my mostly used makeup overhead in my bathroom, but these things can't take a short fall into the sink much less a long one onto the floor.  Meh.
Urban Decay just launched their Naked Basics palette, which is all matte.  It's only 6 shades, 4 are new for this palette.  It a tiny palette too, meant to accompany their bulkier Naked palettes.

Only $27, which isn't bad.  

edit:  Oops, maybe you knew about it already, I didn't see the "naked thread."  

I like this shadow.. got mine in Ipsy and think it wears well and I'm a fan of thebalm already. Nice to use with my Naked2 or ShadyLady palettes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am concerned about this as well!!  I had ordered mine on the last day our 50% coupons were available and is said it was shipping the 21st, just like yours with an estimated delivery of 1-3 days...   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Still nothing...I don't need it right this second either, just antsy I suppose!  It is a bit of a relief to know it's not just mine... perhaps they're just backed up a bit.  Well, hopefully they get delivered for us soon!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by themrsnichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am concerned about this as well!!  I had ordered mine on the last day our 50% coupons were available and is said it was shipping the 21st, just like yours with an estimated delivery of 1-3 days...   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Still nothing...I don't need it right this second either, just antsy I suppose!  It is a bit of a relief to know it's not just mine... perhaps they're just backed up a bit.  Well, hopefully they get delivered for us soon!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
Whew.  Makes me feel better too.  I just checked again and it still hasn't moved.  I got mine on the last day too, but it would have been nice if they would have just said it was on backorder or something, but would it have said it had shipped?  I might email them just to let them know what's up.

I didn't love the shadow the first time I used it, but on a whim I applied it wet, and it was gorgeous. Now I'm sad I missed the ipsy deal on the whole palette.

I love this shadow. I also got it from my beloved Ipsy bag. I seem to reach for this shadow everyday, which I never do with any one product. I also like it for my lower lash line just to give dimension on light makeup days.

Whew.  Makes me feel better too.  I just checked again and it still hasn't moved.  I got mine on the last day too, but it would have been nice if they would have just said it was on backorder or something, but would it have said it had shipped?  I might email them just to let them know what's up.
I actually called them yesterday to ask about it. The lady I spoke with was very nice and had explained how the brushes that come with the palette were backprdered. She said we should get a new email with tracking number today. *fingers crossed*

^ Thanks for calling. I was about to call (they are Pacific so I was waiting until lunchtime) when I checked the threads to see if anyone else was still waiting for their Meet Matt(e).  From the look of things, everyone is still waiting for them.  FYI, I ordered the palette the first day they were made available.

I've also forgotten they come with a brush. Sweet!

Originally Posted by themrsnichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually called them yesterday to ask about it. The lady I spoke with was very nice and had explained how the brushes that come with the palette were backprdered. She said we should get a new email with tracking number today. *fingers crossed*

Awesome! Thank you so much for calling and letting us know!  I'm now excited about yet another brush.  I don't think you can have enough eyeshadow brushes--cuts down on cleaning between colors.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back