I hate my box... Box #4

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wahhhh I dont want hand soap or men's cologne sample. I already own that Oscar hair texture spray, that oil is pointless, and that lipgloss and super cheap and worthless to me. I received it two days ago on November 13, 2012. What do you think of this box? I wanted the mascara! my ipsy sucked too

I think you should trade what you don't want. I've found that trading is the best way for me to be happy with my boxes. If I hate everything, then I just trade it. I think overall you got a good box. You got a full sized lip gloss and an $11 bottle of texturizer. I know some people got the texturizer and mascara AND bath bomb which I would have loved. But I guess we can't always get what we want.

My myglam bag was meh...I think it's totally ridiculous that they only sent the mascara to a few people while sending others a bone dry eyebrow gel. I love eyebrow gel, but that's not the point. The liner in the bag was super cheap feeling and smudged like crazy, the polish was a little wild, the gloss was very sticky and I could not clean it off my hand with anything!!! It stained my hand. Oh, and the eyeshadow was just too dark. It was probably my favorite thing though because the packaging was cute. I'm going to wait until next month for myglam though because I really just end up trading everything, which isn't bad.

Oh, and the men's cologne is dumb. I gave mine to my husband, but I want a box for ME. He already gets his own. Plus, not everyone has a guy to give it to. It's just their way of promoting BB man, but they should do it in a way that doesn't take away from the value of our boxes.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and the men's cologne is dumb. I gave mine to my husband, but I want a box for ME. He already gets his own. Plus, not everyone has a guy to give it to. It's just their way of promoting BB man, but they should do it in a way that doesn't take away from the value of our boxes.
This. I didn't see anything in his boxes to give me the TWO times I have been given cologne to give him in my Birchboxes. The door needs to swing both ways here.

Also, I received the same box as the OP. I don't like lip gloss, so that is a bust, but still trading leverage. I loved the body serum and spray though. I DO have a second sub, so if this was my ONLY box, I would have been upset too.. I was lucky enough to get the mascara in the other box.

I'm having a hard time understanding...everyone has complained for months that all they want is make up...this box has a full size make up item that retails for more than what the box cost. Maybe you don't like that make up item but if you don't want to try new things or end up with things you won't like, beauty army is probably a better service for you.

I don't like the men's cologne and wish they wouldn't put men's things in our boxes, but I got this box too, and I don't feel cheated or anything. To each their own I guess.

Dark eyeshadows can be great for the darker shade on the outer V or blend well to darken the crease a bit. There are lots of tutorials for that particular shadow on YouTube. I will be trying to trade for a sample of that cologne in a few days, after my box arrives. I wear Atelier Orange Sanguine and the John Varvatos cologne has some of the same notes. I really want to try it.

Originally Posted by LLLmakeupjunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wahhhh I dont want hand soap or men's cologne sample. I already own that Oscar hair texture spray, that oil is pointless, and that lipgloss and super cheap and worthless to me. I received it two days ago on November 13, 2012. What do you think of this box? I wanted the mascara! my ipsy sucked too
We all have loves and hates.

• Caldrea Hand Soap
  • John Varvatos Artisan
  • ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
  • One Love Organics® Aromatic Body Serum
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray Travel Size

While you might not like it try the samples and if you really don't want to try our open trade thread and see if someone would like to swap with you. I'm sure there's someone who would love the lipgloss and hair products.

And the serum! I saw lots of ppl asking to swap for the serum, so I was going to trade mine (usually not so interested in things like that) but I tried it first and LOVE it. LOVE. lol

I don't like the gloss either but its mainly cause i have received so many from Ipsy. But overall I'm glad I did get a full size product

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And the serum! I saw lots of ppl asking to swap for the serum, so I was going to trade mine (usually not so interested in things like that) but I tried it first and LOVE it. LOVE. lol
I agree, the serum is wonderful...and probably something I would never have tried on my own...I bet the OP could easily trade it if you choose to go that route...so far, I have enjoyed my trading experiences.....

Latest posts

Back