Look at the crazy bird in my feeder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Its actually one of my bantam chickens who figured out there are seeds in that hanging thingy. Pretty smart!

lol cute!! Do you have a farm or something? I see there's another chicken (white feathers?) behind him!

I wouldn't quite call it a farm (we don't make any money off it), what we have is about 20 birds (ducks and chickens) 4 dogs and a  few dozen fruit trees and bushes.

What we have is a lot of "pets".
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that a Belgian Bearded D'anver? So cute!
Yup, I love them! Not only are they cute, they're very friendly and curious.

Want some?

My friend has some chicks he wants to get rid of.

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't quite call it a farm (we don't make any money off it), what we have is about 20 birds (ducks and chickens) 4 dogs and a  few dozen fruit trees and bushes.

What we have is a lot of "pets".
sheep.gif
seriously sounds AMAZING! I love all sorts of animals so this sounds like a great home to me! 

I went to Cali for a few months and there were great fruit trees everywhere! My neighbor had a grapefruit tree, a friend's aunt had a fig and orange tree and my aunt had a lemon and pear tree. I need to live somewhere I can have fruit trees!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i love that you know a specific type of chicken, you're full of such interesting info lol!

Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i love that you know a specific type of chicken, you're full of such interesting info lol!
Yeah, how did you know what breed she is?

LOL I raised all kinds of chickens for years until we moved back within city limits and I grew up with my mother having raised chickens so we had all kinds over the years standards, bantams and exotics.

Quote: Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, how did you know what breed she is?

Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I love them! Not only are they cute, they're very friendly and curious.

Want some?

My friend has some chicks he wants to get rid of.

Oh I'd take your friend up on that if I didn't live in city limits now. I love chickens.

I just got these little guys in the spring. They are so sweet, I can't believe there isn't a pet craze for these little banties. Of all the chickens we've had, this breed is the most pet-like in my opinion. Cute, friendly and tiny, what else could you want?

I just got these little guys in the spring. They are so sweet, I can't believe there isn't a pet craze for these little banties. Of all the chickens we've had, this breed is the most pet-like in my opinion. Cute, friendly and tiny, what else could you want?
Not a Cochin bantam rooster. Mean little... brats. LOL

depends on which city limits. I'm smack-dab in the heart of Oakland,CA, and we're zoned for chickens.  Drive-by shootings, IKEA, and Pixar are blocks away, and I have 5 chickens! 

But I don't think San Fran. is zoned for it. Brooklyn, NY actually allows it though!

Super cute chicken by the way!

LOL You know what's funny about that... I live smack dab in ag land surrounded by potato fields, corn fields, apple orchards, cherry orchards, hops (for those that don't know the leaves use in beer) and grape (wine) country yet we're restricted from having chickens and rabbits (legally). How stupid is that? Even Seattle allows backyard chickens so long as it's hens and they allow up to four or five hens.

How adorable!! I have a muscovy duck and if we had a hanging feeder we'd probably find her up there too! She's the smartest not-so-little thing haha.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How adorable!! I have a muscovy duck and if we had a hanging feeder we'd probably find her up there too! She's the smartest not-so-little thing haha.
Aren't the ducks with the funky looking heads and dark green feathers?

Muscovies have "caruncles"  red growths on the faces, which I myself don't find attractive. But it is true that muscovy ducklings are about as cute as it gets. I have not had this breed of duck, but many who do really love them.

I have 2 runner ducks (daisy and louisa mae) and 2 mini silver appleyards ( finneas bean and alvin) and 1 mixed breed duck (theresa).

The runners are our favorites!

Oh you're Indian Runner Ducks are so cute!!! The one on the right looks to be a Drake due to the head coloring but I saw both have female names. I love ducks, we had Peking... fat things because I couldn't butcher them. I do remember my tomato garden that year being the BEST tomato garden we ever had because I allowed the ducks free reign in the garden. lol *sigh* I miss my birds - turkeys, ducks, chickens, peafowl.

That is by far the cutest chicken I've ever seen- I want one. I'm wishing that I actually had a yard at this moment.

Back