GoldieBlox -- engineering toys for girls

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just saw this article on Upworthy and thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.upworthy.com/move-over-barbie-8212-youre-obsolete

I think it's absolutely a nifty idea. I loved legos as a kid, and would spend a lot of time playing with mine. I guess it never occurred to me that it wasn't something that girls usually played with, or my dad who got them for me.

So what do y'all think? Would you get this for your girls? I really like her enthusiasm and innovation. I hope she succeeds!

Veryvery cool!  As a woman software engineer, I know where she's coming from.  I've had similar thoughts about how neat it would be to invent something that could get little girls interested in programming.  I had absolutely no interest in it when I was young.  I'm a bit of a late bloomer, I guess - was a waitress, customer service rep, retail sales person, etc, until I was 33.  Then realized I hate people and decided to train for a job where I didn't have to deal with 'em.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That looks great! My daughter is 4 and loves to build and solve. This would be perfect for her. Thanks for sharing.

I LOVE this so much. I am a mechanical engineer at a major aerospace company, but this lady is seriously living my dream. I would love to be able to start up a toy company like this one day. It is awesome to see she is receiving so much support!

Plus I love seeing little girls getting excited about engineering. I take every opportunity I can to talk to little girls about STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) careers. Too many of these kids are shocked to hear that I am a female engineer who wears make-up and dresses up and actually likes anything that is the color PINK haha. With stuff like this happening, the future is looking bright for the girly nerds out there!

I love this as well. I'm a female civil engineer, and it's fantastic to see encouragement for girls to be into math and science.

Back