Round 2 Group 1: Open Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Box #1 is on its way to Xiehan in New York!  I'm really excited for this round since we have the new rules. 

Just for an FYI, LisaN will not be able to participate in the swap as she had planned.  Hopefully she will be able to join us for Round 3.  Participants for Group 1 are:

Lead 1 - Lynda CA Xiehan NY Squidling PA Wagz379 PA Barberanza PA MurfleGirl OH Kirari TN
And just in case you are interested, here is a pic of the contents of the box. Don't look if you want it to stay a surprise!!

Top Row "Drugstore" - Spoiled, Revlon, LA Colors (?), Nabi, Sally Hansen

Bottom Row "High End" - China Glaze, SpaRitual, Illmasqua, MAC, The New Black (3 polishes)

Sorry I didn't write the names down before I sent them : (

I got the box today! Here's what was in it:

There's honestly only one polish in here that really interests me, but I'll be a good sport and take out and put in a couple. I figure we could use a little more variety in colors, since this selection is very heavy on the reds/pinks/peaches.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the box today! Here's what was in it:

There's honestly only one polish in here that really interests me, but I'll be a good sport and take out and put in a couple. I figure we could use a little more variety in colors, since this selection is very heavy on the reds/pinks/peaches.
Aw! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Good for you for being a good sport. Although someone prob would have loved those colors even if you didn't take them (and I have a bunch of funky ones to add myself.) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got the box today! Here's what was in it:

What I took:

And here is what I'm adding:

Nevermind! I actually received it today! There is good news and bad news.

The bad news, which I could smell when I walked up to my mail basket, is that we seem to have lost one of the bottles...

What I received: (sorry, I cannot rotate this picture! It uploaded sideways every time I tried and I can't figure out how to change it.)

What was left:

What I took:

What I added:

The good news is that I added an extra item in to make up for the broken one (I probably have enough polishes here to make a whole new circle swap box, so it was no problem.  lol) I also fully repackaged everything (individually bubble wrapped each bottle), and i'm using a slightly bigger box with a combo of air bags and bubble mailers so I hope that arrives safely to the next person.  I will be shipping USPS Priority (The weight of the box should be about the same as the Small Flat Rate box).

The box is ready to ship, look for it to go out tomorrow or Friday. Thanks!

Just to let everyone know, the box that I shipped in is bigger than a Small Flat Rate box (room for more items? lol) and only cost $5.04 to ship.

Got the box! Took some pics, they'll be up sometime later tonight, after I get home from work. Box will be on its way out in the next day or so. =)

^That's all of the polishes as they came in the box. From left to right: Revlon - Love That Red, Julep Hayden, Julep Daisy, Essie Instant Dry Oil Protector, Ulta Crystal Ball, SpaRitual Pink, Ulta Happily Ever After, China Glaze Pull Me Close, Pure Ice Dreamy, Sally Hansen In the Red Creme, China Glaze Broken Hearted (Crackle).

I forgot to take a pic of what I took out & I'm not home while I'm uploading these - but I took Revlon - Love That Red, Essie Instant Dry Oil Protector, Ulta Crystal Ball, & China Glaze Broken Hearted.

^ That's what I added. Color Club Clear Coat, China Glaze Crushed Candy (Crackle), Charlotte Russe Cotton Candy, Orly Star of Bombay, Ultra Pro Purple-xing, Color Club Glitter (No name on this bottle but it's brand new!!)

Just gotta tape it up & it's going out on Monday! Woooo!

edited to add spoilers

Wow! So awesome that this box is moving so quickly!! Can't wait for it to get to me

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ That's what I added. Color Club Clear Coat, China Glaze Crushed Candy (Crackle), Charlotte Russe Cotton Candy, Orly Star of Bombay, Ultra Pro Purple-xing, Color Club Glitter (No name on this bottle but it's brand new!!)
Pretty colors!

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty colors!
Yeah when it got to me it was full of basically all pinks and reds! Gotta throw some purple and blue into the mix, lol. 

Alright - I've been working 18-20 hour days this week, so this is the first moment I've been online to keep you updated.

Here's what I received in the box:

And what I put in the box:

And here's what I took out!

Okay, so I am going to try and run out to the post office between jobs tomorrow. If I can't get there, this is DEFINITELY going out Friday. I'm usually a lot quicker on my turnaround and I apologize! I love these circular swap boxes though, they are awesome!

ooohhh that Essie looks nice, which color is it?  Kinda looks like Trophy Wife?

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooohhh that Essie looks nice, which color is it?  Kinda looks like Trophy Wife?
I was thinking that, too!  : )  So pretty!

It's Trophy Wife!

Okay guys, been a bit of a delay. I was out of town right before Christmas and then I came home to find my house had been broken into and most everything had been taken. Luckily they ignored the box of nailpolish, but all of my time and energy has been going towards that lately. I will be sending it out tomorrow and I am SO SO SO sorry it's been so delayed. This is madness. Who breaks into houses on Christmas?!

So frustrated...

Latest posts

Back