Lime Crime Velvetines - Red Velvet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
800x600px-LL-6fed21fc_RED-VELVET-WITH-BOX-SM__11761_zoom.jpeg
I'm oh so lusting over Red Velvet. It will be available on NOVEMBER 23, 2012. (Black Friday, excluded from Black Friday promo code.)

Weight: 0.11 oz / 3 g
Retail: $16.99

800x600px-LL-df5a706a_redvelvet_swatch__67308_zoom.jpeg

I can totally wear that shade of red. I have a big mouth so I'm a little shy about wearing red sometimes but my husband loves it so much, I do it anyway. :)

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooooooooh its so pretty! Stop taunting me with lip products that I dont need must have!
I know right?! she posted this on fb too and when I saw it, I ended up drooling all over my desk lmao

I must have!!!  

Is this a tint? gloss?  lipstick? 

I hope its matte!!!   ooooohhhh  I want!!!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know right?! she posted this on fb too and when I saw it, I ended up drooling all over my desk lmao
She made me buy poisonberry & kaleidoscope!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She made me buy poisonberry & kaleidoscope!

Yes, but you forgot to buy D'Lilac. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must have!!!  

Is this a tint? gloss?  lipstick? 

I hope its matte!!!   ooooohhhh  I want!!!
It's a matte liquid lipstick. Here's exactly what Cassie (Lime Crime's PR) said about it.

VELVETINES liquid lipstick. Available exclusively in Red Velvet (matte holiday red).

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, but you forgot to buy D'Lilac. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You evil woman you! Unicorn is pretty too.  I just picked this up from sweetpea & fay. Ever heard of them? Supposed to be very pigmented. Reasonable price - $7.99 Sorry to go off topic a bit

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You evil woman you! Unicorn is pretty too.  I just picked this up from sweetpea & fay. Ever heard of them? Supposed to be very pigmented. Reasonable price - $7.99 Sorry to go off topic a bit

Bwahahaha!
devilish.gif

I have heard of Sweetpea & Fay. They have some really nice products but have never ordered from them.

I LOATHE lime crime's stupid packaging, doe fairycorn or whoever runs that shit, and companies that repackage micas, but damn I really want that.

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOATHE lime crime's stupid packaging, doe fairycorn or whoever runs that shit, and companies that repackage micas, but damn I really want that.
I love the packaging. It's cute. Every company has it's gimmicks and Doe's happens to be unicorns.

As for repackaging micas, I remember that scandal as well however Lime Crime has a new company they work with to make products. It's just like Coastal Scents, in a way, because Coastal Scents use to sell items that were identical to other companies have since moved to producing the products "in-house". In Doe's case she has another company make the products for her, Amy at Sugarpill does as well. I say give Lime Crime a chance and if you end up not liking it then you're only out about $17.

Does anyone know if this is only going to be available on the 23rd, or does it just launch then?  It's a beautiful color in the image, but I don't really want to buy it until I see some swatches of it.

So my order came today and these are literally a drop of liquid lipstick. It's REALLY pigmented so a little will go a long way.

1st pic: Red Velvet on left, Suedeberry on right.

2nd pic: I turned the camera so the same drop of Suedeberry is on the left and Red Velvet is on the right.

Back