My Cotton Bunny

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been approached by another new company called My Cotton Bunny.

My Cotton Bunny is the monthly subscription service that bundles your choice of feminine hygiene products with a few extra goodies to get you through your cycle.
For $13.75 per month subscribers will receive a box of pads or tampon. Gift 1: a Dagoba Chocolate Square and a Gift 2: an American Apparel Cami.

If I recall correctly there was another company that tried this before - not sure if it was My Cotton Bunny or another company - but this one did peek my interest due to the packaging. Good packaging DOES make an impression.

Images provided by My Cotton bunny.

I am freakishly particular about my brand of tampons and I am not interested in shirts. Plus I get mine really cheap so this isn't worth the cost for me. For those that are less picky or tend to forget to purchase them, this is a great idea.

I'm really disappointed because I thought there would be actual bunnies involved in this ):

/sucker for bunnies. If only there was a sub service that would give you cute themed items everymonth... penguins...owls...cats...bunnies... I would be all over that
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really disappointed because I thought there would be actual bunnies involved in this ):

/sucker for bunnies. If only there was a sub service that would give you cute themed items everymonth... penguins...owls...cats...bunnies... I would be all over that
biggrin.gif
LOL me too!

biggrin.gif
yes yes yes to that!!! I love bunnies so much too! I used to have one and I was like Elmyra from the Looney Tunes!

Now that packaging of this box is cute and I like the idea, but nah won't be subbing

biggrin.gif
I would soooooooo jump on that train too!

A service with a furry toy bunny? Yes. I have like 5 of those. I buy 1 at Easter most years. My Cotton Bunny, however, is not my cup of tea. Time of the month supplies is something I always make sure I have enough of before that time of the month. I so wish I could remember the name of the company that did this before. One of the ladies I'm subscribed to used to show the products she got in her time of the month box. If it's a service where you wait until yours starts, then call them up and say okay send the box, I'm not sure how handy that would be. If I forgot to buy tampons, I would still have to make a mad dash to the store and the box probably wouldn't arrive for a few days. There is at least 1 video on YouTube about My Cotton Bunny that I saw this week. Actually, I think it's a video by the girl in the pic above that says, "Let's talk about our periods." It just doesn't sound like something I would want to sign up for.

The packaging is very nice! However, getting a monthly subscription box like this would lead to having wayyyy too many pads and tampons in my bathroom. I could share it with my mom, but there's no way we could go through a box a month! If you live in a house with a lot of females, then maybe you can split the bill and share the goods. Otherwise, no.

I coupon and buy my feminine products for super cheap, if not free at times.. so this would only be appealing for the extras. I'm good, but I see it's appeal for some.

I kinda like this idea, but my family is always stocked on pads. But the box is cute, if you were to get the package during your week than that would be greatI mean I would love to get a present to make me feel better lol
smilehappyyes.gif

I'm also quite particular of the feminine products I use and it just wouldn't prove to be worth it to me at that price. Not a bad idea, though

I'm the kind of person who always is caught without supplies, I've got some crazy disordered cycles.  However, I am an insane brand loyalist when it comes to menstrual accoutrements. I have a HG tampon, maybe I'm a bit nuts.

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The packaging is very nice! However, getting a monthly subscription box like this would lead to having wayyyy too many pads and tampons in my bathroom. I could share it with my mom, but there's no way we could go through a box a month! If you live in a house with a lot of females, then maybe you can split the bill and share the goods. Otherwise, no.
Yeah I'm thinking it would work really well in a dorm or sorority house (especially the latter - I remember my tampon box being empty at the end of each month!) but otherwise this might get stockpiled.

The packaging is super cute, but who wants to be sent pads? That's not fun. How about stuff to make you feel better? The chocolate and cami are on the right path, but they should add in things to make you forget that you're bleeding like a stuck pig, not remind you of it.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The packaging is super cute, but who wants to be sent pads? That's not fun. How about stuff to make you feel better? The chocolate and cami are on the right path, but they should add in things to make you forget that you're bleeding like a stuck pig, not remind you of it.
=)  I'm guessing this is real and not a hoax...  A guy posted on the FB page of an Australian Feminine Hygiene product company, complaining how their commercials had misled him to believe a woman's period was this magical, super-fun time of month.  Then he got a girlfriend and found out different.  He got about a kabillion likes, and they responded to him by video.  Funnily.  I suggest reading the page before watching, so you know what they're replying to. 
lol.gif

http://thegloss.com/culture/bodyform-tampon-commercial-viral-facebook-response-video-887/

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm the kind of person who always is caught without supplies, I've got some crazy disordered cycles.  However, I am an insane brand loyalist when it comes to menstrual accoutrements. I have a HG tampon, maybe I'm a bit nuts.
My mom was the same way, and I'm the same way.  I don't think it's nuts.  I don't understand people who are *not* brand-loyal when it comes to this stuff!  It looks like they *do* have a few brand options, but mine aren't listed.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good & Lovely did that with their Lovely Box (care package of just goodies), but they went under because they were losing money.  Now they have 28 Day Hug, which sends chocolate, tea, and a little aromatherapy something-or-other for $3.99 plus shipping.  I was a little tempted by this one, but I don't like it when subs send out size-specific items, and I *know* that cami would *not* fit me (women's American Apparel clothing is *not* made for anyone with a D cup).

I miss Good & Lovely sooo much. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( I actually LOOOOVED that sub! I just subbed to this and will try it out for the next 2 to 3 months. I'll report back. 
hehe.gif

this is interesting, and i think the packaging/name/branding is a lot more chic than that other company that tried starting up. it seems pretty neat and american apparel clothing is really high quality and comfy but i doubt this is something i would stick with for longer than 2 months or so.

Back