Jump to content

-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk


Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Black Friday Sub Box Sales


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 53 OFFLINE   nelliebelle1197

nelliebelle1197

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Don't know if there will be many of these, but Glossybox has a code for 40% off one month. TG40- this is not a personal referral code!!

 

If you see anymore over the weekend, post 'em here!



#Post 2 of 53 OFFLINE   Mystica

Mystica

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 06-October 12
Reviews
  • Location:Virginia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Do you (or anyone) know if the glossybox code will work if you cancel your sub just to sign up again with the code?  



#Post 3 of 53 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

tyvm for that :) I wanted to sub for glossybox, but it's kinda on the pricey side, this way I'll get at least one month :) thank you so much! :)



#Post 4 of 53 OFFLINE   dd62

dd62

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thanks! Any idea how long the code is good for?

#Post 5 of 53 OFFLINE   lovepink

lovepink

    Jenn

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts
  • Joined 11-March 12
Reviews
  • Location:Sunny SoCal

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Per the GB email it is till 11:59pm but it does not say what time zone.  maybe since GB is on the east coast it is EST?  It says in the email it is a 12 hour only sale.  I got my email at 9:06am PST.  $12.60 for a GB is not bad!

Originally Posted by dd62 View Post

Thanks!
Any idea how long the code is good for?

My Trade list updated 8/17/14 with Algenist, Dr Jart +BB, August BB & Ipsy and Costal Scents brushes

Midsummer Night's Dream Wish List

 

Instagram I like makeup and my dogs!    Twitter-filled with rando bzz agent posts because I forget to use it for real life lol


#Post 6 of 53 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

    Lexy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews
  • Location:Los Angeles/ San Francisco

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Also the birchbox deluxe subscription. Im sure many of you have already heard about it, but it is a $200 yearly subscription and you get a bag full of special items like a full sized mascara, oribe dry shampoo etc. I don't really think its worth it, but its interesting if you are interested in upgrading to a yearly. No promo codes for that, at least none that I am aware of.



#Post 7 of 53 OFFLINE   nelliebelle1197

nelliebelle1197

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I think you can as long as it is not a multiple- month sub!

Originally Posted by Mystica View Post

Do you (or anyone) know if the glossybox code will work if you cancel your sub just to sign up again with the code?  



#Post 8 of 53 OFFLINE   nelliebelle1197

nelliebelle1197

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Do you have a link for that? I can't find it. I have canceled BB but would like to take a look...

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Also the birchbox deluxe subscription. Im sure many of you have already heard about it, but it is a $200 yearly subscription and you get a bag full of special items like a full sized mascara, oribe dry shampoo etc. I don't really think its worth it, but its interesting if you are interested in upgrading to a yearly. No promo codes for that, at least none that I am aware of.



#Post 9 of 53 OFFLINE   lovelywhim

lovelywhim

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 11-July 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Do you have a link for that? I can't find it. I have canceled BB but would like to take a look...

 

https://www.birchbox...on-subscription



#Post 10 of 53 OFFLINE   Mystica

Mystica

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 06-October 12
Reviews
  • Location:Virginia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

I think you can as long as it is not a multiple- month sub!

I just canceled and signed up again, I used the code and the total came out to be $12.60, and I also linked through ebates for $2.75 off.  (Did that originally when I signed up, too)

I checked ebates to see if Glossybox had any special conditions and exceptions for the ebates discount but there were none , so I'm guessing that the 40% off code probably won't void the ebates discount, but even if it does, $12.60 is an amazing deal! But $9.85 would be such a steal!  

 

I get so excited over savings and discounts, great sales/deals are like a drug.  Thanks so much for the code.

 

Also, another nice thing about doing this is I won't have to wonder when Glossybox is going to charge me in December. 



#Post 11 of 53 OFFLINE   nelliebelle1197

nelliebelle1197

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, not worth it



#Post 12 of 53 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

ya I saw it too, it's kinda meh



#Post 13 of 53 ONLINE   mellee

mellee

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Joined 03-September 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

If anyone reads all this way before using the Glossybox code, there's an extra $2.75 cash back if you go through Ebates.  I assume it's good with the code, but forgot about it before I bought with the code.  =(



#Post 14 of 53 OFFLINE   lovelywhim

lovelywhim

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 11-July 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by mellee View Post

If anyone reads all this way before using the Glossybox code, there's an extra $2.75 cash back if you go through Ebates.  I assume it's good with the code, but forgot about it before I bought with the code.  =(

 

Youuuuuuuuu!!!!!! A December Glossybox it is! Lol. I got cash back through Ebates so the box ended up being $9.85!

 

Thank you, mellee!



#Post 15 of 53 ONLINE   mellee

mellee

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Joined 03-September 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by lovelywhim View Post

 

Youuuuuuuuu!!!!!! A December Glossybox it is! Lol. I got cash back through Ebates so the box ended up being $9.85!

 

Thank you, mellee!


*HappyFace!*  SO glad someone got that extra lil savings!  Merry Christmas! 

 

EDIT to say - or if you don't Christmas, happy December!



#Post 16 of 53 OFFLINE   shadowboxer

shadowboxer

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I just signed up.  It'll be my first Glossybox and I signed up for ebates too.  THANKS!!



#Post 17 of 53 OFFLINE   onthecontrary

onthecontrary

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Joined 04-April 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

I posted this in the GB thread, but figured I'd post it here too.

 

can someone who used the code show where they actually subscribed on GB's site? When I click "subscribe now" it takes me to the options to pick monthly/3 month/6 month etc, but there is nothing clickable on that page. Am I missing something, or is their site just messed up (possibly due to high traffic)? Thanks ladies!

 

 



#Post 18 of 53 OFFLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,615 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Beauty Army has a subscription sale going on as well today.

 

 

So if you have three friends whom you want to experience Beauty Army then this maybe for you.



#Post 19 of 53 OFFLINE   lovelywhim

lovelywhim

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 11-July 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by onthecontrary View Post

I posted this in the GB thread, but figured I'd post it here too.

 

can someone who used the code show where they actually subscribed on GB's site? When I click "subscribe now" it takes me to the options to pick monthly/3 month/6 month etc, but there is nothing clickable on that page. Am I missing something, or is their site just messed up (possibly due to high traffic)? Thanks ladies!

 

 

 

http://www.glossybox.com/join

 

On my screen, the SUBSCRIBE links are in a pink box to the right of the box descriptions. Is your browser too narrow? In some browsers, you have to expand it to see the links. 

 

Here's what it looks like to me:

 

 



#Post 20 of 53 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

    /人◕‿‿◕人\

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
Reviews

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Man they better not disappoint for Dec then because I bet they're going to get a bunch of new signups from this.

 

Also my birthday is in December...do you give you something special or??? :3 LOL I wonder how many retailers think you're lying about your birthday if it's the first month you subscribe. In my case, I really am a december baby!!


Visit my blog | A little vanity never hurt anyonehttp://evervain.com/

 

Find me on | Twitter Tumblr Trades (coming...soon?)