-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Foundation advice!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   mizjmakeup

mizjmakeup

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 13-September 12
Reviews

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hey, so I finally started a job & I now can afford to try out a new (a little more expensive) foundation! I really don't stick to just the same, I like to try a lot of different ones! One thing I am really looking for is a long lasting kind that doesn't wear off just after a few hours. Expecially when it comes to work, I work sometimes up to 8 hours a day and I can't touch it up often. I am using Revlon Photo Ready right now & I notice after a few hours it slides off. (I don't really sweat either, I'm just on my feet; walking around tons!)

So any good advice?

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   Mommof2Teens

Mommof2Teens

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 18-September 12
Reviews

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I really like Mac Pro Longwear. It stays all day. It can be a little drying to my skin, so I use with a good moisturizing primer. I like the Bobbi Brown one, but there are others that are good be a lot less expensive. :)

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   Mommof2Teens

Mommof2Teens

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 18-September 12
Reviews

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Oh autocorrect....there are other primers that are good AND a lot less expensive! :D ;) Hope that helps! Good luck with your new job!

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   Brittany Daun

Brittany Daun

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 24-November 12
Reviews

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Congratulations on your New job! i understand at work it is very hard to retouch your makeup, its a nightmare. but one thing you can try if you cant carry your purse with you is if you go to the bathroom you can take a piece of toilet paper (NOT THE FIRST PIECE OBVIOUSLY) and see if you can split it to make a fine sheet and blot your face with it, it will absorb the oil off your skin, the less oil on your skin the longer your foundation will last and reduce it sliding around. 

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   Mystica

Mystica

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 06-October 12
Reviews

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Lancome teint idole ultra 24 hour is really good.  I find it doesn't look cakey, has good coverage, and last forever.  It also doesn't break down in any noticable way.

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   CaliMel

CaliMel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Joined 23-January 12
Reviews

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

The Covergirl Olay one works really well.

For me it's high coverage, and when I put powder on my TZone, it stays put all day long and looks almost just like I just put it on at the end of the day.

I was really surprised by how well it held up.

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   lovelywhim

lovelywhim

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 11-July 12
Reviews

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Congrats on the job!

You should check out the MUFE HD Foundation or the Bare Minerals Original/Matte Foundation. I don't use the MUFE foundation anymore (switched to BB creams) but I never had issues with its wear when I did use it. The Bare Minerals one also never gives me any trouble! You can grab samples of both at Sephora! If you're interested in BB creams, there are a few of those I can recommend as well.