QOTD Nov 26th - When do you start decorating for Christmas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a hard rule of no Christmas decorations are allowed to go up until Dec 1st. It's just a sore point with me.

What about you?

Bah.. mine are going up today! Should have put them up over the weekend, but Thanksgiving and Black Friday got me exhausted lol.. Some of my friends have already completely decorated, trees and homes! I usually help a couple I know and adore decorate their tree, which involves jokes and drinks.. good times lol.

I heard alot of people start the day after Thanksgiving.. Some the day b4 Thanksgiving so when people come over to eat Thanksgiving dinner the house looks festive.. 

Me personally I've be doing it later and later every year lol 

Normally around this time. Put the tree up yesterday. We may not do lights this year.

November 25. It's my daughter's birthday that day and we always do it then. Exactly one month before Christmas.

In the Philippines (my home country), we start as early as September 1. But here in Cali with my husband, we put the Christmas tree up on Nov24 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The day before Christmas Eve. I have cats, cats love trees, trees go boom taking everything on the tree with it. LOL

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The day before Christmas Eve. I have cats, cats love trees, trees go boom taking everything on the tree with it. LOL
My cats have finally learned to leave the tree alone. It's taken several squirt guns and gallons of water but they now associate the tree with unpleasantness. It only took 7 years. :/

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like my kids...
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My cats have finally learned to leave the tree alone. It's taken several squirt guns and gallons of water but they now associate the tree with unpleasantness. It only took 7 years. :/
Now that is an idea... we do have a Super Soaker around here somewhere... although honestly my kids would love a water fight inside my house so maybe not lol.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bwhahaha! Poor kitties!

My family always starts putting up decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving! We finished the outdoor decorations on Sunday. We're getting a tree this weekend! I'm so excited! My house will smell like pine for a while. =)

Latest posts

Back