Canadian subscription boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a Canadian, we have less options than Americans.  i currently subscribe to Topbox and Luxe box.

I've received one of each so far.  The waitlist time for me was 3 months to get the Topbox.

I actually preferred the Topbox, which was $10.00 and is monthly. Luxe box is $26.00 and is quarterly.

What do you think of your sub boxes?

The Natural Beauty Box and Beauty Box 5 also deliver to Canada.

Glossybox also has a Canadian branch.

As a fellow Canadian.. I have 7 subs right now but come January I am going to try to pare it down to 3 (4 tops)

Glymm ( $12.00 monthly) I am going to cancle this in January.

Topbox ($12.00 monthly) Love this one

LooseButton Luxe Box ($26.00 Quarterly)

Glossy Box Canada ($21.00 monthly) Dropping this after the anniversay box. No that great for the price.

US but ships to Canada

Beauty Box 5 ($12.00 monthly) - I really like this one

Ipsy ($14.95 includes shipping)- LOVE it

StarLooks Starbox ($19.50 includes shipping) - Getting my first one this month.

I am considering dropping Luxe box. I feel like $26.00 is way too much for samples.  Maybe I'll try BB 5...

Originally Posted by Taraan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As a fellow Canadian.. I have 7 subs right now but come January I am going to try to pare it down to 3 (4 tops)

Glymm ( $12.00 monthly) I am going to cancle this in January.

Topbox ($12.00 monthly) Love this one

LooseButton Luxe Box ($26.00 Quarterly)

Glossy Box Canada ($21.00 monthly) Dropping this after the anniversay box. No that great for the price.

US but ships to Canada

Beauty Box 5 ($12.00 monthly) - I really like this one

Ipsy ($14.95 includes shipping)- LOVE it

StarLooks Starbox ($19.50 includes shipping) - Getting my first one this month.
I subscribed to all of these as well (plus Julep), but have since dropped Glymm (too inconsistent with odd items), Glossy (WAY too many drugstore products) and just cancelled Loose Button (takes too long between boxes, products aren't wowing me as much as other ones) so my last box will be this winter one. I LOVE BB5 (good selection and value - I'm on the yearly plan and it's less than $9/month), Starlooks (love their makeup and it's a makeup-only box) and I've only gotten ipsy's first bag to Canada, but it was really good (really nice cosmetics and extras)! It seems like the Canadian boxes have to step up a bit. I do like to support Canadian businesses, but when I compare it to U.S. boxes, I'm just liking those a bit better. 

I used to be with Glymm, since Nov 2011 to May when they first brought out the bags, then the products went downhill so Im happy I cancelled in time when my Topbox Sub started. 

Now Im only with Topbox, I love it! Last 2 months weren't so great but decent enough as I can still use all the products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was with BB5 for 2 months, Oct and Nov, but I really didnt like anything, they all felt like free samples and by far the least value I've received in these sample boxes so I cancelled for now.

I was very unimpressed with my December Topbox.  I received 2 hair products from Goldwell (never heard of them), 2 teeny zit cream samples in cardboard, and a very tiny contianer of messy mineral makup.  They are only getting one more chance next month, because really, what am I going to do with all this sh*t?

Originally Posted by glitteraddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was very unimpressed with my December Topbox.  I received 2 hair products from Goldwell (never heard of them), 2 teeny zit cream samples in cardboard, and a very tiny contianer of messy mineral makup.  They are only getting one more chance next month, because really, what am I going to do with all this sh*t?
I too wasn't very impressed. I am interested in hearing more about thie Prive Boxes for the new year.

There is a new Canadian sub service called SeasonsBox. The company sends luxurious full size seasonal must-have products for your home, body, and spirit and it's revealed each month what is included in the box (it's never a surprise) https://seasonsbox.com/#products

I would absolutely buy that seasons box if it were available in the USA. That is right up my alley.

Goldwell is a salon line, been around for years.
I used to buy Goldwell items and would rebuy them again once I have much less hair stuff.
Also used to use some hair coloring products they make.

I started my Topbox subscription in October. I'm gonna sound naive here, but I'm willing to give TopBox a chance to get their footing with their larger customer base.

I gave GlossyBox a chance after the price increase and they blew it.

I have been  w Topbox since the very first tube they send out.

This months tube was only ok- I got Murad cleanser 30ml,Goldwell heat styling lotion 30ml, Chloe perfume 5ml mini, Ferro foundation sample.

not the best,not the worst.

Glymm I still like for the points and bonus offer I had it was $120 for the year +I nail polish as bonus item monthly.

Dec had RGB full size in Toast, before that The New Black brand a red polish.

I also used to get SkincareRX Beauty Cache it is a bag you buy quarterly or until they ran out- they shiprped them everywhere and cost $15-30.

But I think they just canceled their program....so sad as it was great. hope they bring it back.

Quote:  

Re: Topbox      Did you sign up to receive a "prive" box?  I asked for a Benefit one.
I signed up to be in the lottery yes. I asked for Benefit or Lippy Girl

Glymm is starting to get on my nerves. I mean I don't have high expectations from them normally. But Its almost February and no word on this month's bag. Definitely not re-subscribing after my year is up. blah!

Just received my January Glymm Bag: I received the following, however the Sheswai polish was supposed to be a bonus item, which is annoying since the bag has just recently increased their price to 15.00/month. This month wouldn't have exceeded that cost value wise, which I have come to expect based on every other beauty subscription service. I currently subscribe to Glymm, Topbox, Glossybox, and I just signed up for my first Julep box for only a penny. I would quit Glymm after this month however this subscription was a gift and I have 10 months left to go...

Sheswai Polish in totally .5oz ($16.00)
2 LA Fresh travel-lite Facial Cleansing Wipes ($0.62)
LashEM Double Trouble Mascara ($1.54)
Coolway BOOST Hair Treatment 1 oz ($4.44)
Lavender Mint Firming Serum ($6.80)
Total: $29.40 (without Sheswai Polish, 13.40)

Latest posts

Back