Novice seeking advice on what lipstick color this is.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So this is sort of an odd request... I starting watching this show a couple months ago and while I enjoy it, my favorite part of it has become this characters lipstick color- I want it!!!! The character has this lipstick color on in every episode and I keep wishing I could find a similar shade to buy. I have tried and failed already, mostly because I am VERY new to makeup, I only recently started wearing lipstick and I just do not have a knack for picking out shades (in the store I like them, but at home they're never quite what I expected). I honestly can't even identify the shade that she is wearing because I'm so bad at gauging lipstick colors.  

I really would love some input on what shades I should be looking at to recreate this lipstick look. I even went as far to attach some pictures (yes I am obsessed with this shade it looks so lovely on this actress). So far I have failed and bought one color that wasn't what I wanted in attempt to match with this color.... So I figure its time to ask some advice from more experienced people then myself. Any input is much appreciate! Thank you!!!

Well, it's definitely matte. It looks like a brick red but lightly applied or press your lips on a tissue after application. This actually could be a lip pencil instead of a lipstick.

Revlon has a lipstick called love that red which is similar to the color in the picture. The difference is revlon's lipstick is creme and this lipstick looks matte.

I saw the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains at Target not long ago. Some of thm seem to be matte. To me this looks like the 2nd darkest red one. They are about $7.99 each at Target, Walgreens, or CVS. It may be the darkest red, which is called Gothic. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Edited because I don't know how the sad smiley got there. I changed it now.

Why don't you drop a note to makeup artist magazine and ask about the color and brand, they always have articles like that.

Makeup411.com does beauty breakdowns on what make-up actors are wearing for tv and film productions.

That's a really pretty shade, try Wet n' Wild matte lipstick in color 908C, Avon's Ultra Color Rich lipstick in Cherry Jubilee & Jordana's Easyliner in Plush Plum. I own all 3 of these colors and they all seem to be pretty good matches, especially the Avon. I would be more than happy to upload some swatches if you'd like, just let me know 

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into all the suggestions. 

Perhaps I will ask the make up artist magazine... I don't think that actress is particularly famous but perhaps someone will know!

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into all the suggestions.  Perhaps I will ask the make up artist magazine... I don't think that actress is particularly famous but perhaps someone will know!
They won't give you an answer as you are not an IA Make-up HOD. However, they will refer you to their sister site: makeup411.com and they already have this actor's beauty breakdown on file.

Back