Jump to content

-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors



Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Beauty Army - December 2012


  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 82 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I didn't see a December thread yet, here's my selection that I'll receive in my December Beauty Army box:

 

I'm excited for all of it, really. Especially the Green Beret and Macadamia Hair Masque. I look forward to seeing the other two colors in the Whip Hand Army collection.


#Post 2 of 82 OFFLINE   birdie1993

birdie1993

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 30-November 12
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

cant wait till the 5th to pick my samples!!!!!



#Post 3 of 82 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

    Michaela

  • Super Moderators
  • 6,464 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews
  • Location:Nowhere, IN

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

First time I haven't skipped in probably 6 months! Even though my items aren't anything mindblowingly exciting, the lip glosses will be a fun gift for my sister (stuffing a stocking for her for Christmas) and I'm interested in the rest. :)

 

 


tumblr * blog * facebook * twitter * instagram

 

My Secret Santa Wishlist/Guide 

 

I am a fairy (Snickerdoodle Crabtree, at your service) so feel free to hit me up for SS help or to ask your santee questions!


#Post 4 of 82 OFFLINE   heather4602

heather4602

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Joined 09-April 12
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I have been a" member"(by member I mean I have got a log in and been offered samples but never made a selection or put in a card number so I have never skipped) of Beauty Army. After getting another email from them I decided to give it a look about a week ago. So I saw the awesome products people were getting like the Shea Terra, You Da Balm lip balm, LashEm, etc. But I could never get even one of those to show up. Even after following  what the some people on here had posted  what to put my profile. I did it again today and I am still getting the same products.

 

Anyway. my question is when do they begin putting new products up and do you get better products the longer you are a member. Thanks for yall's help since I am new to the BA thing!



#Post 5 of 82 OFFLINE   iPretty949

iPretty949

    Social Media Manager

  • Social Media Manager
  • 915 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by heather4602 View Post

I have been a" member"(by member I mean I have got a log in and been offered samples but never made a selection or put in a card number so I have never skipped) of Beauty Army. After getting another email from them I decided to give it a look about a week ago. So I saw the awesome products people were getting like the Shea Terra, You Da Balm lip balm, LashEm, etc. But I could never get even one of those to show up. Even after following  what the some people on here had posted  what to put my profile. I did it again today and I am still getting the same products.

 

Anyway. my question is when do they begin putting new products up and do you get better products the longer you are a member. Thanks for yall's help since I am new to the BA thing!

 

 

I have skipped probably 5months already and they suspended my account because I skipped a lot. I used to like it at first because of the wide range of selections the first 4-5months of my sub.

 

New subscriptions and samples released everyday at 9 am PST. Try to start reshuffling your profile minutes before 9AM, maybe you'll find luck :)


-Facebook- -Twitter- -Instagram- -Blog-

Follow MakeupTalk for your daily dose of beauty!
-Facebook- -Twitter- -Pinterest-

#Post 6 of 82 OFFLINE   heather4602

heather4602

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Joined 09-April 12
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the advice. Do they restock on the weekend? I am a speical education teacher so I cannot do it during the week! I'll try it tomorrow morning!



#Post 7 of 82 OFFLINE   lilsxkitten

lilsxkitten

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Skipped again.. my sample selection was very similar to the last couple months with the exception of different colors and scents.  I would have like to try the "not your mother's" hairspray, but I couldn't justify spending $12 for it, the pigment and a tea bag (I love tea)- the only things I was interested in, remotely.  At least Birchbox gave a 3 pack when they offered tea..  If I wasn't able to skip boxes, this would be the box i would let go.



#Post 8 of 82 OFFLINE   jumpnshout5

jumpnshout5

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the advice. Do they restock on the weekend? I am a speical education teacher so I cannot do it during the week! I'll try it tomorrow morning!

As a previous poster stated, they "restock" around 9am. I think it's pretty random as far as what days they actually restock. Say, maybe they get a shipment on a Tuesday, they should upload the new items Wednesday at 9am. But there doesn't seem to be a specific schedule. Just need to check around 9 every day of your selection. It seems like whenever I pick my samples, I get an email the next day saying there are new products to choose :P

#Post 9 of 82 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by heather4602 View Post

Thanks for the advice. Do they restock on the weekend? I am a speical education teacher so I cannot do it during the week! I'll try it tomorrow morning!

I'm on the East Coast too and I'm always able to start picking my samples at 11:45am. It seems like they release a limited supply of a product each morning and supposedly they "re-stock" every night so that everything is available the next morning.



#Post 10 of 82 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

I think beauty army is my favorite sub even though I'm not subbed lol. Its easy to cancel, so I just order a kit when I see things I want then cancel right after. I don't see anything I want yet this month.



#Post 11 of 82 OFFLINE   JennyWisconsin

JennyWisconsin

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 06-November 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Wow....I think "You Sold the World" got a great kit - def worth the $12.  I love that Macadamia Hair oil!



#Post 12 of 82 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

    Michaela

  • Super Moderators
  • 6,464 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews
  • Location:Nowhere, IN

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by JennyWisconsin View Post

Wow....I think "You Sold the World" got a great kit - def worth the $12.  I love that Macadamia Hair oil!

 

I'm really excited about that oil! It was the only thing that popped up over the last few months I was really interested in so I was excited it was still around...also excited about the eyeshadow and lipbalm :)

 

Glosses both look pretty but I have too many so they'll be great gifts, and I always love BBW shower gels. :)


tumblr * blog * facebook * twitter * instagram

 

My Secret Santa Wishlist/Guide 

 

I am a fairy (Snickerdoodle Crabtree, at your service) so feel free to hit me up for SS help or to ask your santee questions!


#Post 13 of 82 OFFLINE   yoru

yoru

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Just curious, are there any shea terra items still available? I really really want the shampoo since even the full size is out of stock on Shea Terra's website. Can't wait to try the red lip gloss :D but a shea terra sample in my box will make my day.



#Post 14 of 82 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

    Michaela

  • Super Moderators
  • 6,464 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews
  • Location:Nowhere, IN

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by yoru View Post

Just curious, are there any shea terra items still available? I really really want the shampoo since even the full size is out of stock on Shea Terra's website. Can't wait to try the red lip gloss :D but a shea terra sample in my box will make my day.

 

None would come up for me, but I only tried one day.


tumblr * blog * facebook * twitter * instagram

 

My Secret Santa Wishlist/Guide 

 

I am a fairy (Snickerdoodle Crabtree, at your service) so feel free to hit me up for SS help or to ask your santee questions!


#Post 15 of 82 OFFLINE   guenivere

guenivere

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I've skipped the previous two months because despite re-doing my profile for several days in a row, my options either didn't change at all or only changed by one item - both months.  I hope I won't have to skip this month, too.  And yep, I always login early but the items never change. Any tricks?  What am I missing?

 

I don't like including Bath & Body Works items (which always show on my selection items) because I don't see them as high end or even really quality. Blah.



#Post 16 of 82 OFFLINE   guenivere

guenivere

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten View Post

Skipped again.. my sample selection was very similar to the last couple months with the exception of different colors and scents.  I would have like to try the "not your mother's" hairspray, but I couldn't justify spending $12 for it, the pigment and a tea bag (I love tea)- the only things I was interested in, remotely.  At least Birchbox gave a 3 pack when they offered tea..  If I wasn't able to skip boxes, this would be the box i would let go.

 

Agreed. It saddens me to hit skip but by day 5, same items? Blah. 



#Post 17 of 82 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

I'm really excited about that oil! It was the only thing that popped up over the last few months I was really interested in so I was excited it was still around...also excited about the eyeshadow and lipbalm :)

 

Glosses both look pretty but I have too many so they'll be great gifts, and I always love BBW shower gels. :)

It's one of the best hair oils I've ever used and I love the smell.



#Post 18 of 82 OFFLINE   CookiesGirl327

CookiesGirl327

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Is anyone choosing this month? It doesn't seem like it. I skipped...there were not enough things I wanted. Hopefully in january they will have some great new products. I'm hoping for Shea Terra....

#Post 19 of 82 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

    Michaela

  • Super Moderators
  • 6,464 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews
  • Location:Nowhere, IN

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 View Post

Is anyone choosing this month? It doesn't seem like it. I skipped...there were not enough things I wanted. Hopefully in january they will have some great new products. I'm hoping for Shea Terra....

 

I did, but only because I've skipped the last 4 or 5 months, and there were enough things that had been on there a while to make it worth it for me, lol...


tumblr * blog * facebook * twitter * instagram

 

My Secret Santa Wishlist/Guide 

 

I am a fairy (Snickerdoodle Crabtree, at your service) so feel free to hit me up for SS help or to ask your santee questions!


#Post 20 of 82 OFFLINE   EdithS2

EdithS2

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 29-May 12
Reviews

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I had ordered a kit in November, then got nervous and cancelled my account before the box came. But I loved my kit so much (the Pink Tulip lipstick is the best!) that I decided to resubscribe. For December I got the Macadamia hair masque (which I really wanted); BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel (also really wanted); Argan non-foaming shampoo (interested to try); Great Gatsby shampoo; Espri sample; and Fiafini cleansing emulsion sample. I must say I am loving everything in my November box, and the personalization is great. I really am a minimal makeup girl and Lipsi powder and Pink Tulip lipstick are perfect for me. I love that BA is personalized right down to favorite perfume notes and manicure styles. I was a little upset to get packet samples for skin care, but I got a lot out of the little foil packs. So maybe BA really is the sub for me.