-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

QOTD December 2, 2012 When do you start holiday shopping?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

For those who partake and whatnot, are you well planned and shop throughout the year or do you wait til November and December roll around?

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   Pancua

Pancua

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

I start in June and usually finish up around Sept. I hate the mark ups and crowds.

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   norther

norther

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Joined 11-August 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I usually start my shopping right around now because I do pretty much everything last minute. I'll probably start next Monday because I've got 4 finals this week lol.

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I literally shop all year long. Not actively but if I see stuff that I know a particular person will love I grab it and tuck it away for Christmas. I find it is easier on my budget. Of course I always have the few last minute gifts to get but ya I start early.

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't partake, so I can't imagine having to spend that kind of money around one time of year. We have parties and gifts throughout the year just for the fun of it, so I pick out gifts whenever I can afford it and see something that friends or family would like. I got the November ipsy bag for my two favorite aunts; they were sooo excited! My grandma has been in and out of the hospital and has to do breathing treatments at home every day, so my brother got her a Kindle. My dad started reading fiction for the first time in his life, so I got him a set of Jane Austen novels because he loved the movies. I only buy stuff at discounted prices, but I still look for quality. The holiday gift sets are fabulously priced after the holidays, especially at TJ Maxx and Ross after Mother's Day or Valentine's, and early in January. I regularly 'curate' beauty sample boxes for my mom and for my best friend from my own subs and trades and bargains.

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   lovelywhim

lovelywhim

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 11-July 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I usually do my holiday shopping in November and December! There are always great deals around this time! It could be a great idea to shop all year round though. Maybe I'll try that in 2013!