QOTD December 2, 2012 When do you start holiday shopping?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those who partake and whatnot, are you well planned and shop throughout the year or do you wait til November and December roll around?

I start in June and usually finish up around Sept. I hate the mark ups and crowds.

I usually start my shopping right around now because I do pretty much everything last minute. I'll probably start next Monday because I've got 4 finals this week lol.

I literally shop all year long. Not actively but if I see stuff that I know a particular person will love I grab it and tuck it away for Christmas. I find it is easier on my budget. Of course I always have the few last minute gifts to get but ya I start early.

I don't partake, so I can't imagine having to spend that kind of money around one time of year. We have parties and gifts throughout the year just for the fun of it, so I pick out gifts whenever I can afford it and see something that friends or family would like. I got the November ipsy bag for my two favorite aunts; they were sooo excited! My grandma has been in and out of the hospital and has to do breathing treatments at home every day, so my brother got her a Kindle. My dad started reading fiction for the first time in his life, so I got him a set of Jane Austen novels because he loved the movies. I only buy stuff at discounted prices, but I still look for quality. The holiday gift sets are fabulously priced after the holidays, especially at TJ Maxx and Ross after Mother's Day or Valentine's, and early in January. I regularly 'curate' beauty sample boxes for my mom and for my best friend from my own subs and trades and bargains.

I usually do my holiday shopping in November and December! There are always great deals around this time! It could be a great idea to shop all year round though. Maybe I'll try that in 2013!

Back