(Spoiler) New Beauty Test Tube Winter-Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So while there is no word on what will be in the Winter 2013 Test Tube I'm wondering how many of you are going to get one? I'm going to be cancelling my subscription because while I've enjoyed the products I've received since July 2011 I haven't used everything from my Tubes.

Order Total:$38.90
Est. ship date:*1/9/2013

Note: Winter-Spring 2013 magazine cover not shown.​
 ​
Winter-Fall 2013 cover - screenshot from iPad.​

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So while there is no word on what will be in the Winter 2013 Test Tube I'm wondering how many of you are going to get one? I'm going to be cancelling my subscription because while I've enjoyed the products I've received since July 2011 I haven't used everything from my Tubes.

Order Total:$38.90

Est. ship date:*1/9/2013
I will be getting one. I have been subscribed to NBTT for over 5 years! I love it.

I too haven't used everything from my tubes, there's so much product (I have some very happy friends who benefit from that) but it's still worth it for me. The value on these tubes is usually fantastic. Plus I will never have to buy another MoroccanOil anything for at least another decade!

I will post the contents of my Tube as soon as i receive it. And if you have tube envy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you can always resubscribe and purchase it for at least a month or two after.

This will be my second tube. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not sure if I will continue, as I have a brand of skincare I love... but I have found products I love from the tube as well.

Originally Posted by Jamie Pangborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This will be my second tube.
smile.gif
Not sure if I will continue, as I have a brand of skincare I love... but I have found products I love from the tube as well.
What brand of skincare are you loving?

What products from the tube did you love as well?

I now use Algenist skincare pretty much exclusively. So I have a huge inventory of untouched skincare from my NBTT myself. I don't want to cancel though...I love this Tube too much. It's always such an awesome deal.

I currently use many different items from Paula's Choice and my skin has never looked better. I added the Olay deep wrinkle from the tube, mostly for preventative reasons, but I rather enjoy it. I have fallen in love with the CellCeuticals tinted SPF I got in the tube. I am a tinted moisturizer kinda girl, and this stuff covers great and looks so natural on. Not to mention the high SPF to prevent sun damage. I enjoyed almost all of the products in the tube. I wouldn't repurchase many, but so happy to have tried them out.

I liked my first (Summer) Test Tube a lot more than my second (Fall) but since I am moving I am taking the advice of a poster here

and cancelling until I see all your comments about it. Then, if I really want the Winter NBTT I will sign up again. I have cancelled all my monthly subscriptions since it is much easier to do that, then sign up again at my new address, than it was to change addresses. I'm really ticked off at Julep though because I've been expecting the December box at my best friend's address and they wrote me that they had a billing issue and didn't send it. When the billing and shipping addresses did not match they did not contact me! I told them that's unacceptable and I quit, yep, in a huff. I will probably rejoin in the future though after I get settled and working. Need that paycheck to pay for those boxes:

When I'm employed Subscriptions I will renew:

Love With Food

Ipsy

Birchbox

Beauty Army (maybe!)

NBTT probably

and a few other beauty boxes that some of you really like that are pricier.(Depends on my future salary! : ) )

I'm in for the Winter Test Tube!  I've been very happy with all my tubes (I think I've gotten 4 or 5 now).  I haven't used everything I've gotten either, but that's because I'm really getting overloaded with samples from all my subs.  But I'm not ready to give any of them up yet!   
eusa_snooty.gif

I currently use many different items from Paula's Choice and my skin has never looked better. I added the Olay deep wrinkle from the tube, mostly for preventative reasons, but I rather enjoy it. I have fallen in love with the CellCeuticals tinted SPF I got in the tube. I am a tinted moisturizer kinda girl, and this stuff covers great and looks so natural on. Not to mention the high SPF to prevent sun damage. I enjoyed almost all of the products in the tube. I wouldn't repurchase many, but so happy to have tried them out.
Thanks for the info!

This sub has been very heavy on skin care for the past 2 quarters, but in the past they offered up a little more variety. (although always with a focus on skincare,body care and hair care..but not to this extent). I have been with NBTT for almost 5 years! In the past they have given a few unusual products like a fantastic clear lucite toothbrush, gummy energy vitamins etc. And then of course there is the occasional color cosmetic, usually from Mally or YBF.

I love it.

It's always an amazing value with tons of stuff (and great sizes!)

I am looking forward to the winter tube!

I'm keeping it for this quarter but will reevaluate after.  I still have tons of samples from subs, though I'm down to only Birchbox and NBTT.  I may go on box hiatus for six months or so at some point in 2013.

I'm sticking with NBTT. This is the one that started it all for me! Haha. It was my first sub the beginning of this year. (Ive gotten one QVC as well). I love the skin care and full sizes! I just turned 34 and realized how important anti aging skin are is. But I'm a mother of 3 boys and I'm cheap! Well, when I can be. Haha. So getting to try expensive skin care lines that I would never think of purchasing out right is great! And with most a full size I can see how my skin works with it. I think the value is great. I too am starting to get overloaded with samples but not enough to unsub, I'm dying for some spoilers! Ugh.

I'm in the same boat. I hit 30 and need to put more care into my skin. My Paula's Choice is fairly inexpensive, but I like having some other brands to fill in and play with. I would never throw $60 on a skin cream. I just couldn't do it. But this allows me to try things. My YonKa night cream was just ok. I really wanted the mask lol I'm excited for winter!!

I'm in the same boat. I hit 30 and need to put more care into my skin. My Paula's Choice is fairly inexpensive, but I like having some other brands to fill in and play with. I would never throw $60 on a skin cream. I just couldn't do it. But this allows me to try things. My YonKa night cream was just ok. I really wanted the mask lol I'm excited for winter!!
I heard the Yon Ka masque is really fantastic. I got the night cream though as well. Still haven't opened it. 

The Winter-Spring 2013 magazine is out on iPad HOWEVER my subscription has run out and I'm not going to pay for it when it should be part of my NBTT so I'll wait for the box to see if the code comes in it.

Ok, I did the trial and hope I can cancel this so I'm not charged $14.99 or I'll be VERY annoyed. Original post updated.

Duh! I just realized a sneak peek pic was posted at the start of this thread!

Thank you Zadi! 

I think the 5 shown look really good.

I am sure they will add a few more products though.

There is usually at least 7 or 8 per tube. Many times even more.

So far I like it, but I agree they need to add more. The QVC one is FULL of goodies. I hope the regular one will be just as good!

Latest posts

Back