-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Winter Favorites Cravebox

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 86 OFFLINE   Nikki Apostolou

Nikki Apostolou

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 07-November 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

The drawing is now open! And I think it might have bah products!!

#Post 2 of 86 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

After the last few boxes I am super hesitant to even opt in. The only one I have received that I really loved was the dog box and that was many months ago. Wish they'd give more hints.

#Post 3 of 86 OFFLINE   JessP

JessP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm debating whether or not I want to try for this one - with a $14 price tag, I'd expect it to be really good, but what if it isn't? I think I'll mull it over for a day or so.

#Post 4 of 86 OFFLINE   Nikki Apostolou

Nikki Apostolou

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 07-November 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by JessP View Post

I'm debating whether or not I want to try for this one - with a $14 price tag, I'd expect it to be really good, but what if it isn't? I think I'll mull it over for a day or so.

A lot of the questions were food, party, and bath/beauty based.

#Post 5 of 86 OFFLINE   JessP

JessP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou View Post

A lot of the questions were food, party, and bath/beauty based.

Well now this sound intriguing :) Hmmm.. Maybe I'll enter - thanks for letting me know!

#Post 6 of 86 OFFLINE   Nikki Apostolou

Nikki Apostolou

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 07-November 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Well now this sound intriguing :) Hmmm.. Maybe I'll enter - thanks for letting me know!

welcome =]

#Post 7 of 86 OFFLINE   steph90

steph90

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I just filled out the entry form for it. I think it sounds like it might be a good one.

• Nikki Apostolou likes this

#Post 8 of 86 OFFLINE   JessP

JessP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Just noticed this verbiage in the email. I live in CA - I wonder what type of coupon would have to be excluded?

Quote:
Please note, If you live in 6 specific states, we are required by US Law to leave out one of the coupons in this box. The affected states include: CA , KS, MN, NV, NJ and LA.

#Post 9 of 86 OFFLINE   ashitude

ashitude

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I passed this time around. I am still bitter about my green beans.

My wallet is already screaming over the Christmas shopping. Maybe next time!

#Post 10 of 86 OFFLINE   PBandJilly

PBandJilly

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 16-November 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Just noticed this verbiage in the email. I live in CA - I wonder what type of coupon would have to be excluded?

I just noticed that as well. Now I'm curious!!! What could it possibly be a coupon for?

#Post 11 of 86 OFFLINE   shadowboxer

shadowboxer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by PBandJilly View Post

I just noticed that as well. Now I'm curious!!! What could it possibly be a coupon for?

Alcohol.

#Post 12 of 86 OFFLINE   Jflopez

Jflopez

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 27-November 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Probably a coupon for International Delight Iced Coffee. I know in the state of NJ there is a law that prohibits the printing of coupons for milk (which includes milk products) in newspapers or other advertising. It looks to be the same in the other states listed as well.

#Post 13 of 86 OFFLINE   PeridotCricket

PeridotCricket

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I am going to wait until the last minute to decide whether to opt in for this one or not. I want to see more hints or spoilers. The Holiday Spruce Up box was not great. I am really glad I did not try for that one.

#Post 14 of 86 OFFLINE   bbbrandnewww

bbbrandnewww

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 03-September 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm skipping. I definitely want to opt in, but I've had two bad boxes lately. The last GREAT one I had was dog lovers and summer beauty was alright. Just too much of a let down with the last two boxes to even make it worth it.

#Post 15 of 86 OFFLINE   StuffedMailbox

StuffedMailbox

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

My first box was supposed to be the Cooking Light box but there was an issue with my credit card so the Thanksgiving box was my first.  I must admit I thought the Cooking Light box was pretty cool but the Thanksgiving box pales in comparison.  I'm glad I did not opt in for the Holiday Spruce up box.  I'm still trying to get over canned green beans and powdered turkey gravy from the Thanksgiving box.

I'll give the Winter box a chance since it will only be my second box.

#Post 16 of 86 OFFLINE   PeridotCricket

PeridotCricket

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

I wish Cravebox would just tell us what's in the box so we can decide if we want it or not. I am hoping for something like hot chocolate, peppermint marshmallows, and a good face moisturizer. For me, I loved the Summer Beauty Cravebox. Tasty Favorites was okay. None since then have caught my interest enough to enter the drawings.

#Post 17 of 86 OFFLINE   nelliebelle1197

nelliebelle1197

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

I did sign up for the drawing because after the last two boxes, I was scared I would get it!

Originally Posted by peridotcricket View Post

I wish Cravebox would just tell us what's in the box so we can decide if we want it or not. I am hoping for something like hot chocolate, peppermint marshmallows, and a good face moisturizer. For me, I loved the Summer Beauty Cravebox. Tasty Favorites was okay. None since then have caught my interest enough to enter the drawings.

#Post 18 of 86 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'm very hesitant to opt in to the drawing.  The only thing crave-able about the Thanksgiving box was the chocolates.  I wasn't over joyed with the box, but wasn't extremely unhappy either.  I wanted the Holiday spruce up box, but after seeing it, I'm glad I wasn't selected.  I'm on the fence about opting into this one.  

My prediction is:

• "Add sunshine to your day" - vitamin D/gummy vitamins
  • "A little "you" time" some pampering item(s) like lotion or some other bath/body products (lotions, bubble bath, lip balm, body moisturizers)
  • "Fun finds to brighten meal time" some sort of appetizer or snacks, maybe chocolates, hot cocoa or tea
  • Maybe pens and note pads or thank you notes for holiday gifts/parties attended
  • I'm sure the International Delight coupons will wind up in this box for hot coffee/tea/cocoa, they said they'd be in a future box

#Post 19 of 86 OFFLINE   PeridotCricket

PeridotCricket

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm very hesitant to opt in to the drawing.  The only thing crave-able about the Thanksgiving box was the chocolates.  I wasn't over joyed with the box, but wasn't extremely unhappy either.  I wanted the Holiday spruce up box, but after seeing it, I'm glad I wasn't selected.  I'm on the fence about opting into this one.   My prediction is:

• "A little "you" time" some pampering item(s) like lotion or some other bath/body products (lotions, bubble bath, lip balm, body moisturizers)
  • "Fun finds to brighten meal time" some sort of appetizer or snacks, maybe chocolates, hot cocoa or tea
  • Maybe pens and note pads or thank you notes for holiday gifts/parties attended
  • I'm sure the International Delight coupons will wind up in this box for hot coffee/tea/cocoa, they said they'd be in a future box

After seeing this, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna skip.

#Post 20 of 86 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

Michaela

• Super Moderators
  • 5,836 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by peridotcricket View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post

I'm very hesitant to opt in to the drawing.  The only thing crave-able about the Thanksgiving box was the chocolates.  I wasn't over joyed with the box, but wasn't extremely unhappy either.  I wanted the Holiday spruce up box, but after seeing it, I'm glad I wasn't selected.  I'm on the fence about opting into this one.  

My prediction is:

After seeing this, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna skip.

I bet the "fun finds to brighten meal time" will be some colored/printed napkins or plates...I've seen too many craveboxes now to hope for anything more interesting than that.