The 2013 IT Color - Emerald Green Nails

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
In keeping with the Emerald Green theme from this thread I thought I would post some pictures of our prettiest emerald greens. Have a favorite emerald green? Swatch it and come post it in this thread.

Source, Used with permission

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (aka the king of holiday greens!)

Barielle Shades in Lily of the Valley

Zoya Ray

Claire's Chunky Green

Zoya Holly

Zoya Rina

O.P.I. Jade is the New Black

Zoya Apple

Source, used with permission

Butter London Jack the Lad

China Glaze Holly-Day

Dare to Wear Poison Ivy

Rescue Beauty Lounge Jack

Pretty Serious VT100

China Glaze Glittering Garland

Amazingly great green shades! I only have like one green *hides* must...buy...emerald nail polish!!!!!!!

Honestly, when I saw that Pantone had decided on that green I thought 'b-o-r-i-n-g'. But I change my mind seeing those yummy green nails!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />:p:p

Originally Posted by KimberlyP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, when I saw that Pantone had decided on that green I thought 'b-o-r-i-n-g'. But I change my mind seeing those yummy green nails!!!
tongue.gif
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />:p
I know what you mean. I didn't used to like greens but then I saw some swatches on a blog long ago and my eyes about popped out. They were so pretty. Some of these are really festive for the current holiday season as well.

I Love the green nails! Especially the lighter ones and the ones with sparkles!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In keeping with the Emerald Green theme from this thread I thought I would post some pictures of our prettiest emerald greens. Have a favorite emerald green? Swatch it and come post it in this thread.

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (aka the king of holiday greens!)

Barielle Shades in Lily of the Valley

Zoya Ray

Claire's Chunky Green

Zoya Holly

Zoya Rina

O.P.I. Jade is the New Black

Zoya Apple

Source, used with permission

Butter London Jack the Lad

China Glaze Holly-Day

Dare to Wear Poison Ivy

Rescue Beauty Lounge Jack

Pretty Serious VT100

China Glaze Glittering Garland

First Scrangie has the most beautiful nails and hands and is truly a legend! Second, these are so stunning I want to cry! I want all !!!

Wow I'm loving the Zoya Rena...Actually they're all great

Appart from Red, Green is probably the most Christmassy colour ever:)

I just got Green Garland, and of course Emerald Sparkle is a favorite. However, I also love Sinful Colors' San Francisco, Orly's Lucky Duck, ChG's Watermelon Rind and Emerald Fitzgerald, and Color Club's Rule Breaker. Misa's Toxic Seduction is pretty nice to although it leans a bit olive. I think I'm going to try something snow-y tonight with Rule Breaker and ChG's Glistening Snow.

Originally Posted by Sandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got Green Garland, and of course Emerald Sparkle is a favorite. However, I also love Sinful Colors' San Francisco, Orly's Lucky Duck, ChG's Watermelon Rind and Emerald Fitzgerald, and Color Club's Rule Breaker. Misa's Toxic Seduction is pretty nice to although it leans a bit olive. I think I'm going to try something snow-y tonight with Rule Breaker and ChG's Glistening Snow.
I have China Glaze's Watermelon Rind and even to this day it is one of my favorite polishes.

I don't think this green is out from Cult Nails. I'll hit Maria up tomorrow and ask.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have China Glaze's Watermelon Rind and even to this day it is one of my favorite polishes.
I have all 6 polishes in that collection. Only complete collection I own. I loved them all, even the orange one that looks crap on me. They're just so sparkly and juicy.

Friday, I picked up the Sephora + Pantone Emerald mini polish set:  A glitter, a shimmer, and a cream with holographic glitter.  I thought the cream would be a dupe of the Color Club Wild Cactus I received from Birchbox since I didn't have anything in this exact Pantone shade of green, so I didn't buy it Friday when I bought pretty much the rest of the Pantone collection (eyeliner, shadow, chunky pencil, and much, much more!), but then when I got home, I discovered they're wildly different, so I *had* to go back and get the cream yesterday!  I have, uh, more than a few green polishes (probably around three or four dozen, if not more), but not a single one was remotely close to Pantone Emerald.  I *had* to buy the new Sephora stuff!  I had actually been planning on buying every item in the Emerald collection because I love green, so this spree actually wasn't a surprise.  What *was* a surprise was the fact that I could actually *do* it.  I normally have to pace my buying when getting everything from a collection, but I had the money this week, so *boom*.  

(I tend to wear exclusively green polish in March to celebrate the return of plants growing, which is why I have so many different bottles:  Every year, there are new shades that I *have* to buy to expand my options.  This is going to be a particularly bad year for reigning in polish acquisition because it seems like green in general -- lime, mint, emerald, forest, absinthe, you name it -- is the big nail polish color family like blue was last year, and there are green polishes *everywhere* demanding that I buy them.)

Latest posts

Back