What hair colors can I pull off? (Long post)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I am in need of many, many, many, and many opinions on this. I have been a little stuck over this and have done quite a bit of research but come up a little confused.

I'm trying to find a few hair colors that will look beautiful with my skin tone. I have warm tones to my skin. They're mostly golden/yellow undertones to my skin. (I have a few blue veins but for the most part they're mostly green veins) On some days, the yellow, is very overbearing. However, my skin isn't as light as most pictures I have seen with people with yellow undertones, but I am neither as dark as some other pictures I have seen as well. I guess I am a happy medium, but still a bit on the light side. My face is much lighter than my overall skintone, sometimes it comes off as very light. 

I have read that deep auburn colors are great against warm skin tones. I wasn't sure what was deep auburn and googled it up. Upon, seeing it, I fell in love with the color! 

I was wondering if I could pull off these bold colors.

Here are pictures of me. I tried to find the best ones where the lighting shows the closest to my real skin as possible.

In the last picture I'm only demonstrating a hair color I dyed it to a while back. It was a sort of lighter brown than my own and I got many compliments on it. I would like to think it suited me well.

So what other colors can I pull off? Also, I have always wanted to pull of some shade of blonde, but I seriously just can't pull off any!! It clashes with my skin tone too much!! Do you think I can pull off a strawberry blonde (since it has red hues) or some other blonde or can I really not pull off blonde??

Any other colors?? (It doesn't have to be auburn or blonde, any other ideas I would love just as much)

This has been bugging me for quite some time and I really wanted an answer. Sorry for so many links and such a long post.

Thanks so much in advance!!

I could see a red, but blonde is difficult to pull off, depending on your skin tones. There are a lot of people who do blonde and IMO, they end up looking like they've got jaundice..lol, so I think a rich red like Debra Messing's would be a fun and neat color on you. 

I think your hair color looks great as is, but if you want to have some red a nice dark auburn would also look very pretty.

I don't think blonde would suit you well but the auburn like Debra Messing would be awesome on you. It would bring out the warm tones in your skin and eyes.

What about copper? I seem to be in love with that color too! 

Like out of these three which seem to work?

http://curlyhairspot.com/pics/2011/08/copper-medium-curly-hair-styles.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Nx8r6-FDEn0/TT3T_2HwHlI/AAAAAAAAAg4/NcOQEJmbIug/s1600/hair+copper.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120516030948/haircolor/images/5/5b/Copper_red_hair_color_2.jpg

or none? (As you can tell I'm attracted to the really bold colors, but if they really clash, I will definitely stick to darker and richer tones)

Thanks for all the answers on the auburn!! Really helped. I'm thinking about doing it some time soon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back