Ask a Sephora Employee and a Certified Esthetician/MUA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I've been reviewing all the great questions, advice and knowledge that everyone has and I thought it may be good to offer my expertise in the of skincare and everything related to Sephora. I've worked for Sephora and Sephora.com for almost 10 years and counting. I know the skinny on a lot of products, rules, BI/VIB program, loop holes, etc. I've also worked in some of the best spas in San Francisco & NYC so ask away :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

biggrin.gif

Do you get an email and 10% discount when you re-up your VIB status? This will be my second time, if that makes a difference. 

Yes you will and should!!!! If you obtain that while in a Sephora store they should, if available, give you our new VIB gift sets. These are AWESOME btw and come with tons of cool stuff. You get the 10% off coupon, new VIB platinum card, VIB keepsake mirror, free 45 min beauty makeup application and a free shipping coupon for Sephora.com. So yeah that's what they'll give you in store if you qualify while in store. If you qualify online then you should receive the email but not all the other goodies. Anyways, hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just an FYI, in case you weren't aware, MuT has this rule:

1. Promoting or soliciting websites and/or products in which you profit from (including but not limited to Mary Kay, Avon, Mark, Artistry or any other similar company) is not allowed unless you are a current advertiser with Makeup Talk.

Technically, you're probably in a grey area since there are quite a few other Sephora/Ulta employees here, but right now you're promoting yourself as a rep for a company you profit from even though you technically aren't getting anything from doing this and most of us would buy from Sephora anyway. I'd probably ask a mod, if I were to be safe.

Also you posted this topic in the wrong place.

Well being that I am a Certified Esthetician I have the ability and right to give my credentials and since I work for Sephora all I'm doing is clarifying specfic rules and regulations and answering people's questions. I'm not gaining anything by offering my advice nor luring people to shop only at Sephora. I freelance for several other companies and I'm not partial to any of them. ALSO, I already got a green light from Makeuptalk.com as my posts are being published!!! But thanks for your concern, lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PS. I choose to post here because this is where most people's questions were so it's really preference as to where someone chooses to post and I choose to post here!!! Also, that rule you mentioned is one to be interpreted as members on this site including yourself have the ability to post their OWN BLOGS which many people profit from so just an FYI it's all left up to interpretation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks again for your concern.

I'm actually curious to hear about the sephora brand makeup. I've heard it's the same company who owns Louis Vuitton. Is it high quality make up just like all the name brands but labeled as sephora to target a more affordable market? I'm curious to know for more informational purposes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by imelysa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually curious to hear about the sephora brand makeup. I've heard it's the same company who owns Louis Vuitton. Is it high quality make up just like all the name brands but labeled as sephora to target a more affordable market?

I'm curious to know for more informational purposes
smile.gif
Sephora's owned by LVMH - Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy. LVMH conglomerates high-end, luxury brands across fashion, alcohol, beauty and retail, and bought Sephora in the 90's. If you got to LVMH's site at:

http://www.lvmh.com/the-group/lvmh-companies-and-brands

you can see a fancy list of their brands...which include a lot of the brands that you see inside Sephora....

I would curious to see if the Sephora in-store brand includes proprietary brand versions of the luxury brands...but I doubt it does.

I'm glad to hear that about fresh Lotus eye gel because I actually just bought it at Sephora a couple weeks ago as a present for my mom and the girl at the counter told me it was their most praised eye cream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Are the ItKits put out annually around the holidays? I'm new to Sephora this year, and absolutely loved mine. I ended up with three...

Also, I only get to an area with a Sephora store about once a year. I have a terrible time figuring out what shade of foundation to buy. So often here I've reads posts saying the reader is a certain foundation shade, MAC seems to be the most commonly used. If I come to a Sephora store with a bare face, is my foundation shade something a sales associate can tell me?

Originally Posted by ramble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are the ItKits put out annually around the holidays? I'm new to Sephora this year, and absolutely loved mine. I ended up with three...

Also, I only get to an area with a Sephora store about once a year. I have a terrible time figuring out what shade of foundation to buy. So often here I've reads posts saying the reader is a certain foundation shade, MAC seems to be the most commonly used. If I come to a Sephora store with a bare face, is my foundation shade something a sales associate can tell me?
The itkits were promotional offers for this year, Sephora usually does different offers every year. I remember last year, there were four gift sets to choose from & they were inside satchels called the Prep Kits. The year before that, there was two different promotions at separate times, which was the Getaway Kit and the other was a free clutch w/ samples.

Originally Posted by ramble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any makeup counter that offers foundation should be able to match you. Sephora is a great place because they offer so many different brands. Or if you know what shade you are in a certain brand, you can always go in and ask the associate for something similar and try a sample or take one home to trial. 
smile.gif

Back