-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Photo

Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 53 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

omg I just heard.

I hope none of your children or anyone you knew were involved...Prayers and thoughts to the families affected.

A gunman entered an elementary school where his mother was a kindergarten teacher with a semi-automatic weapon (actually sounds like 3 weapons) and a bullet proof vest, and killed his mother and her classroom and went into a second classroom and shot everyone there too before killing himself.  26 dead so far...initial reports said that only 3 were taken to the hospital, but most of the victims were already dead when help arrived.

omg a line --^

#Post 2 of 53 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

omg a line --^

#Post 3 of 53 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

According to current news reports he had ODD and Aspergers so the media has been saying that played a factor. I'm sorry but both those conditions have nothing to do with what he did. Obviously he had some kind of mental health issue but ODD nor Aspergers would cause a person to snap and go off and kill people much less children.

What pisses me off about this situation was the killing of 18 innocent children. I have three boys in elementary school and this morning when I heard about the shooting I was ready not to send them to school despite the fact this happened across the country. Why kill the children? He killed his father (so media outlets are reporting, it may or may not be his father) then went to the school to kill his mom. Fine, kill your parents but why the children what did those babies do to him? The children had nothing to do with anything so why them? I can't imagine the horror or pain those parents or any siblings those children had will go through or even the horror children at that school will now have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Those poor babies. Only five and six-years-old!

#Post 4 of 53 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

My heart hurts :(  Prayers to all those affected.

We had a mass shooting at our mall 2 days ago which has been devastating. To hear about this so soon after is heart wrenching. I just don't understand people.

#Post 5 of 53 ONLINE   mellee

mellee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Joined 03-September 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have no words.

#Post 6 of 53 OFFLINE   Yeti

Yeti

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 22-October 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

This is really horrifying beyond my ability to comprehend.  My heart goes out to all the family and friends that have been effected by this.

#Post 7 of 53 OFFLINE   kawaiimeows

kawaiimeows

(◕ω◕✿)

• Super Moderators
  • 5,683 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I've been at loss for words all day long. I can't imagine the type of mental trauma the children who survived are going to experience forever. 

She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow.
She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl.
-Stargirl
instagram | last.fm | pinterest

#Post 8 of 53 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I've been watching the footage of this for most of the day. As a mother this has brought me to tears, as a citizen it outrages me. Much love and many prayers sent up for those involved or touched by this.

#Post 9 of 53 OFFLINE   cosmeticsaficionado

cosmeticsaficionado

Beauty Blogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,855 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

This is just absolutely heartbreaking. I just can't imagine. :( Poor babies, poor families.

Cosmetics Aficionado - BlogFacebookTwitterInstagram

#Post 10 of 53 OFFLINE   kaylzie

kaylzie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-December 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

hi all i live in uk and this has been on our news all day also... when i heard of this happening i felt sad and upset for those poor children and their familys and friends .. i just don't know what kind of person could even contemplate doing something like this.. love to everyone involved xoxo 

#Post 11 of 53 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I am getting tired of seeing these kind of news reports..these disgusting acts of terror and horror where people who "snap" or whatever...they are just plain EVIL!! To make the decision to go out and not only murder friends or family members, but peers and absolute strangers who's only offense is to exist. From Columbine to the Aurora shootings to the other shooting reported in the mall at Clackamas, OR to this atrocity. A person must lack all humanity and any kind of decency to do something like this..they're not people with real feelings, but monsters.

#Post 12 of 53 OFFLINE   scooby dynamite

scooby dynamite

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Joined 13-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

CNN is reporting now that Adam Lanza killed his mother in his residence before going to the school and opening fire. Since we know now that the mother was not at the school teaching, it raises the question, why were those particular classrooms targeted? Also, the guns in his possession were registered to his mother.

President Obama wept while delivering his address regarding the situation....what a sad day. 

#Post 13 of 53 OFFLINE   iPretty949

iPretty949

Social Media Manager

• Social Media Manager
  • 911 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

This is really a sad story. One of my friends from San Diego just found out an hour ago that her niece was one of the kids killed in that tragedy. Everybody is sad. Even my friends from the Philippines know about the incidence and the whole world is weeping. May their souls be comforted.

-Facebook- -Twitter- -Instagram- -Blog-

Follow MakeupTalk for your daily dose of beauty!
-Facebook- -Twitter- -Pinterest-

#Post 14 of 53 OFFLINE   KellyKaye

KellyKaye

Valar Morghulis

• Super Moderators
  • 2,705 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

I am so sad and full of grief for the families who lost anyone and especially anyone who lost a child. I can't imagine if anything ever happened to my child.

#Post 15 of 53 OFFLINE   Director

Director

MuT Babysitter

• Administrators
  • 22,371 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yes, very sad.  I have young children. We all said a prayer tonight at our dinner table about how the streets of heaven are too crowded(right now) with little feet of angels.

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

#Post 16 of 53 OFFLINE   diana16

diana16

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

When I heard about this in the morning it literally broke my heart. When I saw Obama tear up in his speech it made me cry, those poor innocent children, my prayers go out to the families. I cant imagine why someone would not feel anything looking at those poor children, stuff like this disgusts me. :(

#Post 17 of 53 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just one more reason to impose gun control. Watching parents go through this horror makes my heart hurt so much for them.

#Post 18 of 53 OFFLINE   Director

Director

MuT Babysitter

• Administrators
  • 22,371 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

This is truly a very sad day....the children. 

One thing to remember, though.....guns don't kill people, people kill people..just saying

facebook-projectmgr2.png

#Post 19 of 53 OFFLINE   BrittneyMarie

BrittneyMarie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Director View Post

This is truly a very sad day....the children. 

One thing to remember, though.....guns don't kill people, people kill people..just saying

Yep. Even if there were stricter gun laws, criminals don't follow laws. That's what makes them criminals.

#Post 20 of 53 OFFLINE   Director

Director

MuT Babysitter

• Administrators
  • 22,371 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie View Post

Yep. Even if there were stricter gun laws, criminals don't follow laws. That's what makes them criminals.

Hi Brittney.  Unfortunately, you are correct.

facebook-projectmgr2.png