Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
omg I just heard.

I hope none of your children or anyone you knew were involved...Prayers and thoughts to the families affected.

A gunman entered an elementary school where his mother was a kindergarten teacher with a semi-automatic weapon (actually sounds like 3 weapons) and a bullet proof vest, and killed his mother and her classroom and went into a second classroom and shot everyone there too before killing himself.  26 dead so far...initial reports said that only 3 were taken to the hospital, but most of the victims were already dead when help arrived.

According to current news reports he had ODD and Aspergers so the media has been saying that played a factor. I'm sorry but both those conditions have nothing to do with what he did. Obviously he had some kind of mental health issue but ODD nor Aspergers would cause a person to snap and go off and kill people much less children.

What pisses me off about this situation was the killing of 18 innocent children. I have three boys in elementary school and this morning when I heard about the shooting I was ready not to send them to school despite the fact this happened across the country. Why kill the children? He killed his father (so media outlets are reporting, it may or may not be his father) then went to the school to kill his mom. Fine, kill your parents but why the children what did those babies do to him? The children had nothing to do with anything so why them? I can't imagine the horror or pain those parents or any siblings those children had will go through or even the horror children at that school will now have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Those poor babies. Only five and six-years-old!

My heart hurts :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Prayers to all those affected.

We had a mass shooting at our mall 2 days ago which has been devastating. To hear about this so soon after is heart wrenching. I just don't understand people.

This is really horrifying beyond my ability to comprehend.  My heart goes out to all the family and friends that have been effected by this.

I've been at loss for words all day long. I can't imagine the type of mental trauma the children who survived are going to experience forever. 

I've been watching the footage of this for most of the day. As a mother this has brought me to tears, as a citizen it outrages me. Much love and many prayers sent up for those involved or touched by this.

hi all i live in uk and this has been on our news all day also... when i heard of this happening i felt sad and upset for those poor children and their familys and friends .. i just don't know what kind of person could even contemplate doing something like this.. love to everyone involved xoxo ​

I am getting tired of seeing these kind of news reports..these disgusting acts of terror and horror where people who "snap" or whatever...they are just plain EVIL!! To make the decision to go out and not only murder friends or family members, but peers and absolute strangers who's only offense is to exist. From Columbine to the Aurora shootings to the other shooting reported in the mall at Clackamas, OR to this atrocity. A person must lack all humanity and any kind of decency to do something like this..they're not people with real feelings, but monsters.

CNN is reporting now that Adam Lanza killed his mother in his residence before going to the school and opening fire. Since we know now that the mother was not at the school teaching, it raises the question, why were those particular classrooms targeted? Also, the guns in his possession were registered to his mother.

President Obama wept while delivering his address regarding the situation....what a sad day. 

This is really a sad story.
frown.gif
One of my friends from San Diego just found out an hour ago that her niece was one of the kids killed in that tragedy. Everybody is sad. Even my friends from the Philippines know about the incidence and the whole world is weeping. May their souls be comforted.

I am so sad and full of grief for the families who lost anyone and especially anyone who lost a child. I can't imagine if anything ever happened to my child.

Yes, very sad.  I have young children. We all said a prayer tonight at our dinner table about how the streets of heaven are too crowded(right now) with little feet of angels.

When I heard about this in the morning it literally broke my heart. When I saw Obama tear up in his speech it made me cry, those poor innocent children, my prayers go out to the families. I cant imagine why someone would not feel anything looking at those poor children, stuff like this disgusts me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just one more reason to impose gun control. Watching parents go through this horror makes my heart hurt so much for them.

Originally Posted by Director /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is truly a very sad day....the children. 

One thing to remember, though.....guns don't kill people, people kill people..just saying
Yep. Even if there were stricter gun laws, criminals don't follow laws. That's what makes them criminals.

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep. Even if there were stricter gun laws, criminals don't follow laws. That's what makes them criminals.
Hi Brittney.  Unfortunately, you are correct.

Back