Foundation for dry skin help.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I have had the same problem with the last two (different) foundations I have tried. Both of them made my face look like it was REALLY dry!! It looks disgusting! I do have dry skin, but the foundation makes it looks very obvious. When I'm not wearing foundation you don't notice the dry skin. I used the Maybelline Liquid pump and the covergirl with covergirl powder..My next try is Nuetrogena..Which I'm sure is much better for my skin...Does anyone know of a moisturizer? Or foundation? Thanks

This sounds like more of a problem with your skin care regimen than the makeup. Make sure you are exfoliating once a week and also always use a moisturizer before your foundation. If you are finding yourself very dry you can go for a heavier one. I recommend Cetaphil since it is ok even on sensitive skin. You can get the heavier stuff if you are super dry or just regular. They are purchasable in most drugstores and places like Walmart or Target. After a week or so of good skin care your skin will usually stop flaking and makeup with go on smooth.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This sounds like more of a problem with your skin care regimen than the makeup. Make sure you are exfoliating once a week and also always use a moisturizer before your foundation. If you are finding yourself very dry you can go for a heavier one. I recommend Cetaphil since it is ok even on sensitive skin. You can get the heavier stuff if you are super dry or just regular. They are purchasable in most drugstores and places like Walmart or Target. After a week or so of good skin care your skin will usually stop flaking and makeup with go on smooth.
Thanks! I will try that!! :)

hi nail artist,  i have really dry skin also and it's really embarrassing when my makeup highlights either dry spots or fine lines from dryness.  one foundation i found recently that i really like is the Maybelline dream smooth mousse which is formulated especially for dry skin.  you may want to give it a try.  

also, as the previous poster mentioned, you should definitely moisturize before putting on your foundation, as this will help smooth out the dry areas on your skin.  cetaphil is great, and CeraVe is another one i really like that has helped my skin out a lot.

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi nail artist,  i have really dry skin also and it's really embarrassing when my makeup highlights either dry spots or fine lines from dryness.  one foundation i found recently that i really like is the Maybelline dream smooth mousse which is formulated especially for dry skin.  you may want to give it a try.  

also, as the previous poster mentioned, you should definitely moisturize before putting on your foundation, as this will help smooth out the dry areas on your skin.  cetaphil is great, and CeraVe is another one i really like that has helped my skin out a lot.
Thanks! My mom uses that dream smooth stuff! I will try that!! :)

I suffer from dry skin on my face too.   I recently got this Maybeline "Fit" foundation and it's awesome!  I apply it with a foundation brush.  

Also, I've been using this stuff from Revlon for ever.  It's called "Lustrous Face Illuminator" and it's a life saver.  A little goes a long way.  You just put a drop on your fingertips, rub them together and then pat on your cheeks, nose and forehead and even rub it in a little and it gives you an instant "dewy" look with healthy shine. I swear by this stuff.  

I promise you this combo will get rid of the dry look:)

Another product which I swear by for dry skin is Maybelline BB cream. I always get great results with this even if i use it alone or under foundation.

The aveeno daily moisturizer is somewhat thick and really good for dry skin.  As for foundations I think the Bobbi Brown Skin foundation would work beautifully, and Revlon Nearly Naked is a great drugstore option.  Both are light to medium coverage, but they leave your skin looking dewy with a very natural finish.  They are both also very hydrating.

Hope that helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!

Back