Best Tinted Moisturizer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm running out of my foundation, and I'm thinking about trying out a tinted moisturizer now. I'd like a more natural look. Can anyone give me ideas of tinted moisturizers to check out?

Try one of the new BB Creams, I think almost every drugstore brand has released one already, they are all essentially tinted moisturizers with skincare benefits. The only one that I know of so far that is more coverage than a tinted moisturizer is the new Physicians Formula one, I have that one and it is light-medium coverage.

For a matte finish try the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint.  For a dewy finish, try Benefit You Rebel (do not suggest if you have very oily skin).  Both offer enough coverage to even out the skintone for a brighter and more even & glowy complexion. Both have spf15.

I second the Jouer but I use the Luminizing Moisture Tint and I really like it. It is lighter coverage than a regular foundation so if you needs lots of coverage I would stay with regular foundations. If you are looking for something to moisturize, give light coverage and smooth out skin tones then tinted moisturizer might suit you.

I use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. It is pretty inexpensive (under $10) and it works pretty well for me. I wear it one of two ways: I either put it on fairly light and then apply a bit of powder over my smile line area and on my forehead, sometimes on my chin if I am feeling oily, or I apply it a bit heavier more like liquid foundation and then apply powder all over it. I tend to do the heavier look for photo shoots when I need almost perfect looking skin, and then I do the lighter version when I just want something lighter (and I mainly wear it for sunscreen).

I'm not fond of Western brands BB creams simply because the vast majority are too pink or orange for me. So if you have yellow undertones you might find yourself trying a good many BB creams before you find one that works for you. Personally out of all the tinted moisturizers I currently have I LOVE my Obsessive Compulsive Tinted Moisturizer (mainly because it MATCHED my skin color).

Tinted Moisturizers are usually what I wear, and I've really come to like Nars Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer, Becca Luminous Skin Color and Laura Mercier's Original Tinted Moisturizer. Out of all of these, Nars has the most coverage (covers sheer - medium), Becca has the least coverage, with Laura's tinted moisturizer in the middle coverage-wise. If you're oily, I don't really recommend the Becca, and you may like the oil free version of Laura's TM.

Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer is the best you can buy. If you are looking for the best in terms of quality, you will want to purchase Laura Mercier's.

Thanks so much ladies! I decided I have to see for myself what all this hype is about. I ended up ordering the Laura Mercier flawless face kit. It come with the tinted moisterizer, primer, undercover pot plus a couple brushes, a sponge, and a puff. Today everything on their website is 20% off plus I got a mascara and loose powder sample all for $52 and free shipping. I sure hope it's worth it. I am SUPER excited for my order to get here to try it out!!

I make my own tinted moisturizer! I prefer to do this because all the ones i've tried cause a major breakout! I use my Aveda Sensitive moisturizer and Alima Pure mineral foundation powder. Mix it on the back of my hand with my stippling brush and it works like a charm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi! I use a tinted moisturizer of Sisley. You can choose from any of the Phyto Jour moisturizers, they are great and work very well. I usually buy them on perfumesclub.com because of the disscount. :9

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to apply tinted moisturizers? I finally tried out mine last night, but I'm not sure how much I like it. Do you use a brush to apply? And I'm assuming to top it with powder to set?? Thanks!

I think the best way is with a stippling brush. I feel it gives the best overall appearance. Other brushes leave streaks and in my opinion sponges are not as sanitary.

Whoever is reading this for suggestions, do not try the ELF tinted moisturizer!! It sucked, at least for me. So oily (I have normal to dry-ish skin), and it was orange! Very thick and just gross! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tried "Nude" and "Beige" and they were terrible.
icon_neutral.gif

I absolutely cannot go a day without using Laura Merciers Illuminating Tinted Moistuizer!! It's just amazing and gives me a glow tht I love in Winter! Def worth the money !

Tinted moisturizer.... You should try Revisions Skincare tinted moisturizer it has SPF 45 it is really great. You can not purchase thru a local retailer since it is a physician grade moisturizer but can find it online or thru a doctors office who provides skincare services. I worked for a doctor who was doing laser skin care and we were introduced to the product... It is great plus the ingredients included to help protect your skin, I have gone into Sephora's asking for something equal and no luck... Soo I continue to order online

Latest posts

Back