A whole morning...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has gone by and all I've managed was a shower... because I have never, ever heard of these sub boxes and have spent the entire morning going through each and every post looking up what you all are subbed to! Holy Chanel I need it all and I need it all RIGHT NOW!

Before I cause marital strife with 20 different subs, I need to know: What is your TOP

1) Beauty

2) Food

3)Lifestyle

sub? 

And this whole time I'm kicking myself for not knowing this in Oct when I was doing my Christmas shopping- boxes for all!!!!

Now spill the goods ladies so I can get in on this sub action! 

xoxo 

1) Beauty: Glossybox (though the customer service sucks)

2) Food: goodies.co

3) Lifestyle: Popsugar and Yuzen

Happy subscribing!  Once you get a stash of too much stuff, you can start trading it as well, which is also lots of fun. 

Even though it is tempting to go for the bargain and buy a year of our top three favorites, I would recommend trying a month or two out before you make a long term commitment.  You may find that what they are sending isn't really your cup of tea and you don't want to be stuck with a year of stuff you can't get out of.  Many of us have tried a couple of months of lots of different subs to find what works best for us.  Also, most boxes have referral programs, so if you are going to subscribe anyways, you might use someone's referral link.  Some referrals give you a discount or bonus item.

Ya that's what everyone seems to think... product is good, service sucks... that's a crappy combo. 

I should say I also like Love with Food usually for food, but Goodies is a larger box with more in it.  Love with Food donates a meal for every box sold, so you feel kind of charitable buying from them.  They typically have a good range of foods that are new to me, though some months haven't been great.

1. Star looks Starbox 2. Goodies.co 3. Not exactly lifestyle but little black bag

I only subscribe to beauty and food ones. Beauty:Myglam (sends the most makeup and good brands and products that people actually want, and it's cheap) I have beauty army and hate retaking the profile to try and get good items, plus they don't always have good stuff. Food: Goodies Co. I have both this one and Love With food...love with food donates to charity but the boxes are mediocre, goodies is $5 cheaper and much better items AND sizes.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only subscribe to beauty and food ones.

Beauty:Myglam (sends the most makeup and good brands and products that people actually want, and it's cheap) I have beauty army and hate retaking the profile to try and get good items, plus they don't always have good stuff.

Food: Goodies Co. I have both this one and Love With food...love with food donates to charity but the boxes are mediocre, goodies is $5 cheaper and much better items AND sizes.
Yea, I saw that with Beauty Army and I've got enough on my schedule without taking a beauty profile all the time. 

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Star looks Starbox

2. Goodies.co

3. Not exactly lifestyle but little black bag
hadn't heard of Starbox yet! Going to check out!

You don't have to take the profile all the time simply refresh the screen for new items to pick.

Originally Posted by ameliacandco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has gone by and all I've managed was a shower... because I have never, ever heard of these sub boxes and have spent the entire morning going through each and every post looking up what you all are subbed to! Holy Chanel I need it all and I need it all RIGHT NOW!
 Hahaha I chuckled at this. Incoming sub addict! Don't worry you aren't alone
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1) Beauty - Starlooks or Ipsy, sorry I can't decide

2) Food - Goodies.co (no m on the of that on purpose)

3)Lifestyle - Haven't found one I was interested enough in to sub to it yet

Goodies.co is great for food.

If you're feeling masochistic try Glossybox or Cravebox. 

Zadi I didn't know that. Thanks! My window opens on January 2 so I'll try it. Things have been really quiet over on the beauty army page. I'll probably skip again

Beauty: Ipsy and the New Beauty Test Tube through QVC ($40 per quarter which is about $15 a month AND you get 10-12 mostly full-size products)

Food: Love With Food (though I'm going to cancel next month and try Goodies.co since I've been hearing good things)

Lifestyle: Julep Maven (this is not lifestyle, but I like that you can skip the month and they have great sale prices and add on products for Maven members. Love their glycolic hand scrub, hand brightener and nail therapy)

Beauty. Ipsy and Glossy Box Food Goodies Lifestyle. Popsugar Yuzen is a cross of lifestyle and beauty I love. I jumped on the sub bandwagon and I'm trying to narrow in down. I've canceled Little Black Bag, Look Bag, Sample Society, Beauty Army. I want to get my cost down close to $100 a month. Canceling Julep, to try Hue. I've skipped Blissmobox the last two months, need to call and cancel. I wish they would all just let you cancel on line and not call!

Beauty: Ipsy

Food:  Goodies

Lifestyle:  Love Club Box (it's an artsy/craftsy kind of box that contains items from small businesses/local artisans.  The Dec box was mostly paper, i.e. art prints, a mini watercolor, and some cute bobby pins but the past boxes have been amazing! There is a long waitlist but the lady in charge does an event on FB once a month where you can skip the waitlist.)

Happy Hunting!  I currently also subscribe to Birchbox (about to cancel), Beauty Army (it's my second favorite, and I got quoted in the annual email they just sent out! Crazy!), and Citrus Lane (for my kids).

Beauty: Sample Society (I need skincare and want to try high-end stuff)

Food: Goodies.co, hands down. Cheaper AND better than Love Food.  

Lifestyle: None...maybe birchbox can count as that? 

Beauty: Ipsy and Birchbox

Food: Tried out Love With Food, but found there was just too much stuff that was blah to me.

Lifestyle: Little Black Bag...Seriously do it!! It is so addicting! Read up on the LBB group first though so you know what you are doing.

Latest posts

Back