eBAY RANT.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so angry. My boyfriend's mom isn't too savvy with eBay/Paypal/etc so when she asked me to do some of her shopping using her credit card and all it took was my time so I said yes. EVERYTHING went normal/great except for one gift...

My boyfriend's brother wanted this stereo for his car. I found it on eBay, brand new, etc & according to all the seller's payment and shipping terms and conditions, it was supposed to arrive 6 days before Christmas. I ordered on a Wednesday night (or to be specific, Thursday, but it was at 2am.) The seller's info says everything will be shipped out within 24hrs of payment (& I paid right away) so it should've gone out that next day (Friday). Well, anyone who's familiar with eBay knows that shipping info isn't always necessarily posted so I usually don't have a problem with it and don't look for it unless I need to. So on Monday we get a phone call. Oh the item you ordered isn't in stock (so why is it listed??) but for inconvenience we will go ahead and 'upgrade' your system free of charge. Okay cool! 

.....that didn't ship out until that FRIDAY. WHAT THE HELL. Christmas was on a Tuesday and there was no way it'd be here by then (because it's not like they shipped it super fast for THAT inconvenience.) and now here we are, the 30th, with a projected delivery of 1/2/13.

Even after messaging this seller to say 'hey, I'm going to leave negative feedback. Is there anything you'd like to do to try to rectify the situation?" they wouldn't directly answer any of my questions. Like, if you were out of stock for that item, why did it take you 3 days to contact me? & after that, why an additional four days to ship it? & all they could say is - your projected delivery date is 1/2/13, if you don't receive it by then, let us know. thanks.

GRRRRRR LIKE THATS A PRESENT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WRAPPED UP UNDER MY TREE!!

//rant over, thanks for reading, lol. 

Give negative feedback and report them to eBay. False information is false information. There are too many wonderful honest sellers on there to bother with the crappy ones. I am sorry about your late present though.

Definitely frustrating. I use ebay all the time and this was the only problem I've had so far.

I started ordering products from eBay quite a bit in the past year. Haven't had a problem yet, thankfully, and I order from several international sellers. My purchases are 95% cosmetics. My husband orders a lot of electronics & related accessories from many different countries & has never had an issue either. We tend to only deal with people who have a 95% or higher positive feedback rating, though. As well as with those who have a minimum of several thousand 5* ratings.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I started ordering products from eBay quite a bit in the past year. Haven't had a problem yet, thankfully, and I order from several international sellers. My purchases are 95% cosmetics. My husband orders a lot of electronics & related accessories from many different countries & has never had an issue either. We tend to only deal with people who have a 95% or higher positive feedback rating, though. As well as with those who have a minimum of several thousand 5* ratings.
Yeah, I normally only end up purchasing from power-sellers as well, or some lightly used clothing from homes w/ good feedback, and this person was a power seller with lots of (+++) feedback so I felt safe. Oh well. Finally rec'd the item.

Back