Male here, need advice on lip makeup!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a male and I used to have naturally red lips. About 2 years ago, I got sick and my natural lip color went from bright red to a darkish brown. I've been to doctors and dermatologists and I'm fine and they can't find anything that can fix the lip color.

As a result, I'm in need of something to lighten my lip color, preferable to a nice red color if possible, but it has to look natural. My current lips look so off and weird compared to my skin tone.

The suggestions I've received so far are:

Laura Mercier hydra tint balm (natural red color)

Benefit Benetint

I'm really in need of something that's natural since I'm a guy.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pharlap /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all, I'm a male and I used to have naturally red lips. About 2 years ago, I got sick and my natural lip color went from bright red to a darkish brown. I've been to doctors and dermatologists and I'm fine and they can't find anything that can fix the lip color.

As a result, I'm in need of something to lighten my lip color, preferable to a nice red color if possible, but it has to look natural. My current lips look so off and weird compared to my skin tone.

The suggestions I've received so far are:

Laura Mercier hydra tint balm (natural red color)

Benefit Benetint

I'm really in need of something that's natural since I'm a guy.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
sugar rose lip treatment? it gives my lips a nice reddish pink glow

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sugar rose lip treatment? it gives my lips a nice reddish pink glow
Natural oil + sugar, then natural honey on the lip treatment at night? If so, that didn't work either :

Have you considered a stain? They are long lasting but very transparent colors so they look very natural. Just apply some balm on top to add a bit of a healthy shine and you're good. Lots of drugstore brands have stains so you can give one a shot. My favorite brand for stains is Liptini, which I can get at Duane Reade in NYC, but you can also try online. The Balm's Stainiac is pretty good also. I heard good things about the Revlon stains but I've never used them so I can't tell you much about that.

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you considered a stain? They are long lasting but very transparent colors so they look very natural. Just apply some balm on top to add a bit of a healthy shine and you're good. Lots of drugstore brands have stains so you can give one a shot. My favorite brand for stains is Liptini, which I can get at Duane Reade in NYC, but you can also try online. The Balm's Stainiac is pretty good also. I heard good things about the Revlon stains but I've never used them so I can't tell you much about that.
Thanks for your reply! My first inclination was towards lip stain actually, but somebody told me lipstain is unnatural and makes you look like a clown, so I shyed away from it. However, I think I will give it a try now! Any colors you would recommend? There seems to be more than just "red"

Originally Posted by Pharlap /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Natural oil + sugar, then natural honey on the lip treatment at night? If so, that didn't work either :
Yes, I am agree with you.

Back