Urban Decay 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was checking out temptalia today and I saw that there were 2 new posts. They were about new products that will be released later on this year. I didnt see these posted up anywhere so I decided to create a new thread

The two were:

-Naked Flushed-a highligher/bronzer/blush trio in packaging similar to the naked basics ($30) http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-urban-decay-naked-flushed-palette-photos-swatches

-Ammo palette- Nothing new, but they re did the palette with the new formula for the shadows ($34)

http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-urban-decay-ammo-eyeshadow-palette-2013-edition-photos-swatches

On top of the Naked basics palette, Naked BB cream, Naked nail set and a few more shades of lip junkie gloss.

Anyone planning to buy any of these?

I may wait to see some reviews before I buy, but I am pretty excited about Naked Flushed. I don't own a highlighter, and I only have one meh bronzer.

I just got the Ammo Palette like a month ago...is there any difference in the new one besides the brush vrs sponge applicators? All the shades are the same O.O

I'll be passing on all of it. The only thing I want to try is their foundation, but I'm pleased with my current one, so it's not a high priority. I also think all the Naked stuff is really overkill, and I'm over their millionth eyeshadow palette. I'd like to see them produce another lipstick line, since I prefer lipsticks to glosses.

I'd also like to see them go back to their roots a little bit, and maybe bring back some of the older, grittier shades that made them popular to begin with.

I was excited for the Flushed since I've been wanting a cheek palette from them for like.. ever (not their old face palettes that included lip items in there), but it's only "meh" to me now. For the price, I'd rather get Sleek's Face Form..

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the Ammo Palette like a month ago...is there any difference in the new one besides the brush vrs sponge applicators? All the shades are the same O.O
Same shades, new reformulated shadows.

Image from Temptalia
 ​
Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, Sin​

Not one color is new but these are the new formulations of their shadows.

I see...well I guess I'm a loser that is OK with the old formulation of their shadows...I ordered the Deluxe Shadow Box yesterday and it will be my third UD palette...I want the Vice Palette, Naked & Naked 2 :3

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see...well I guess I'm a loser that is OK with the old formulation of their shadows...I ordered the Deluxe Shadow Box yesterday and it will be my third UD palette...I want the Vice Palette, Naked & Naked 2 :3
There is definitely nothing wrong with the old formula, lol. I can tell the difference between the two, but just barely. 

I read the Mildew shade is slightly different, colorwise and the colors are supposed to have less fallout and such.

I bought the Naked nail polish set and like it so far. Most of the colors are fairly sheer, though, so if you're not a fan of more translucent shades I'd steer clear.

I bought the Naked nail polish set and like it so far. Most of the colors are fairly sheer, though, so if you're not a fan of more translucent shades I'd steer clear.
I looked at the set when I was out, doing last minute gift shopping, but nothing really called to me after seeing them in person.

I think I'll be picking up the Naked Flushed palette (I'm a huge junkie for blush and bronzer) and the ammo palette. I've actually gone through two of the old ammo palettes, and it's one of the few eyeshadow palettes that I've actually finished. Those are the only two things that are a definite yes, though. I'll definitely check out the other products, but I'll probably pass over everything else.

I might buy the BB cream if I like my sample. I've always wanted the Ammo palette, and now that it's cheaper and apparently "better", I want it more now! Always could use some new makeup!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The new blush palette got a pretty crap review already. UD has disappointed me far too many times for me to give them another chance. Definitely wont he picking up anything from them this year. Very likely never will in the future either.

I will never try an Urban Decay blush again, powder or not! I tried the cream blush, think it's called the cheek tint or something, in Indecent, and it was terrible. It was so thick, dry, and it had glitter chunks. Turned me off from all Urban Decay blushes, so no way for me to the blush palette!

Back