January Birthstone Makeup - Garnet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
For 2013 we will be featuring the monthly birthstone colors for each month. This month's birthstone is Garnet. So here are some beautiful dark red makeup swatches. Feel free to post your own garnet swatches as well.

Source, used with permission

OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia

MAC Dark Side Lipstick

Source

Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple

MAC Prince Noir Lipstick

Guerlain Orgueil Rouge G L’Extrait Lipgloss

MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow

NARS Douce France Eyeshadow

Le Metier de Beaute Fire Lily Eyeshadow

Dry application on the left, wet application on the right

Make Up For Ever #131 Eyeshadow

Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow in #450

And here are a few of my own swatches. In sunlight:

Indoors with flash:

First row:

NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Maroon

NYC Lip Liner in 956

Incolor by Jordana Pretty Shine Gloss in Gorgeous

Second row:

Milani Lipstick in Sumptuous

Wet 'n' Wild Megacolors Lipstick in 919

Ulta Lipcolor in Good Year For Wine

Third Row:

Color Mates Lipstick with no name or number (sorry)

L'Oreal Colour Riche in Au Currant

Mirenesse Lip Bomb in 2

Loving all these colors but Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow in #450 is calling out to me. It kind of reminds me of a few loose shadows I have from Glamour Doll Eyes and Fyrinnae.

I've never tried red shadows of any kind. Some of those swatches make me want to be more adventurous!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never tried red shadows of any kind. Some of those swatches make me want to be more adventurous!
When I was looking these up I realized just how few red shadows I have. Although I have to say the Guerlain Orgueil Rouge G L’Extrait Lipgloss is what is calling to me. I neeeeeeeeeed that lol.

I think I only have one or two in palettes, then a purplish burgundy..like a bruise lol shade..which I hardly ever touch.

I love this idea!

I have only a few red shadows...the three in my Starlooks palette and Her Revenge by Glamour Doll Eyes...I haven't really used the Starlooks shades yet but Her Revenge is GORGEOUS.

How funny. I was just thinking earlier today I'd like to do monthly birthstone looks this year. These swatches are great. I'm not usually a lipgloss person, but I really like that Lime Crime gloss.

I have that Lime Crime Candy Apple gloss and the "problem" (it's actually a GOOD problem) is that it's VERY pigmented so I only need a little. It's the same with all of their other lip glosses/liquid lipsticks that I own from them. Sometimes I'm afraid to use it because it's so rich.

So pretty! I was thinking the same things as GiggleBlush - to do a look representing the current month's birthstone. At Target yesterday, I saw one of Loreal's Infalliable Eyeshadows in Garnet and it was gorgeous.. I regret not buying it now. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not a red lip person but love these looks and swatches! I love the the Guerlain and Lime Crime Candy Apple. They would be fun to try.

Originally Posted by Reija /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a red lip person but love these looks and swatches! I love the the Guerlain and Lime Crime Candy Apple. They would be fun to try.
Two of my favorites. The Lime Crime gloss is so juicy and pretty looking.

Latest posts

Back