Josie Maran Argan Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Josie Maran Argan Oil

If you were subscribed to QVC Test Tube last summer then you might have received a 5ml / .17 fl oz bottle of this. If you're a subscriber of Ipsy then you should be seeing this in the January 2013 bag. Have you tried it? What do you think of it?

http://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/shop/purearganoil/organic-argan-oil This legendary, lightweight oil, grown organically in Morocco, is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Use it as a fast absorbing daily moisturizer, or to heal and condition everything from cuticles to split ends. Plus it is 100% organic! Housed in a recyclable glass bottle.

Price ranges from $14 (15 ml / 5 fl oz) to $96 (4 fl oz./120 ml.)

My thoughts.

It feels nice on my dry skin HOWEVER two days (this would have been day three) after I first used it I ended up with three large cystic zits on my chin. I've discontinued using it to test the item again after these cystic zits go away.

Those are the worst. I have a mircacle medicine for those from my Derm.  I forgot the name tho. I'll double check when I get home.

I learned with this new medicine I can practically put anything on as long as I put that on with my normal skin care routine.

I went from horrible cystic acne to doll like skin. lol

Thank you for the info, I love argan oil too but I use a different brand, it's [SIZE=11pt]pro naturals moroccan argan oil which is very good for hair, makes the hair stronger, reduces the frizz and keeps it soft, shiny and healthy. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are the worst. I have a mircacle medicine for those from my Derm.  I forgot the name tho. I'll double check when I get home.

I learned with this new medicine I can practically put anything on as long as I put that on with my normal skin care routine.

I went from horrible cystic acne to doll like skin. lol
please? i've been suffering them for the last 11+ years of my life. I've just resigned myself to horrible, scarred skin forever, sigh. It is genetic because my mom and aunt both had them growing up too...

Those are the worst. I have a mircacle medicine for those from my Derm.  I forgot the name tho. I'll double check when I get home. I learned with this new medicine I can practically put anything on as long as I put that on with my normal skin care routine. I went from horrible cystic acne to doll like skin. lol
please? i've been suffering them for the last 11+ years of my life. I've just resigned myself to horrible, scarred skin forever, sigh. It is genetic because my mom and aunt both had them growing up too...
have you tried spironolactone pills? i've been acne free for nearly a year now since using that, adapalene, tretinoin, and clindamycin, though i rarely use the topicals anymore. the pills are what really help.

This was prescribed from the Derm. It's like a rollerball. My skin was really bad. Now I have nothing.

This was prescribed from the Derm. It's like a rollerball. My skin was really bad. Now I have nothing.
Apparently it's no good for people with sensitive skin. ): Curses to everything.

I have tried a different brand of pure argan oil from some Canadian company (don't remember the name). I only used it on my hair and cuticles and occasionally on body skin but never on my face. Not sure if its meant for use on the face and perhaps thats why you're breaking out?

I mainly bought it for my hair because everyone was raving about how it made their dry, damaged hair super silky. I didn't notice any difference to be honest and it was pretty unpleasant to use imho. It didn't absorb well and just made my hair feel icky even with the lightest possible application.  I didn't find it to be any different from say olive oil or grapeseed oil =/

Originally Posted by pichu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have tried a different brand of pure argan oil from some Canadian company (don't remember the name). I only used it on my hair and cuticles and occasionally on body skin but never on my face. Not sure if its meant for use on the face and perhaps thats why you're breaking out?

I mainly bought it for my hair because everyone was raving about how it made their dry, damaged hair super silky. I didn't notice any difference to be honest and it was pretty unpleasant to use imho. It didn't absorb well and just made my hair feel icky even with the lightest possible application.  I didn't find it to be any different from say olive oil or grapeseed oil =/
It is excellent for use on the face...any pure argan oil is (and the JM is pure argan oil).

i used to be on that..  the stuff is magic! 

I have been using the JMC argan oil and her other products since 2008. No other brand compares to Josie Maran's Argan Oil, in my opinion. I even resubbed to Ipsy just to support them since they partnered with JMC for the January bag, and I can always use another travel size bottle of her argan oil. Josie's argan body butters are also really amazing.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

now that I have tired this, I just love the way it feels on my skin, and how quick my skin just absorbs this, I'm addicted :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Do you use it alone or with your face cream?

I've been using the JM oil for about 4 days now. It absorbs well, leaves my skin feeling soft the next morning and hasn't broken me out........yet. I don't notice any major difference in my skin so far, but it really is too soon to tell.

Do you use it alone or with your face cream?
I use my serum first, work it in and let it absorb and then I apply the oil  

I first got it in the NBTT and was very excited for more in the Ipsy bag.  In the mean time I had purchased the Josie Maran Morracan Bazaar makeup bag kit that came out last year.  It had a small bottle of the oil, a color stick, lip gloss and an illuminating product.  The pump on the sheer gold illuminating color dispenses so much more than I need.  I over pumped the first time and when I tried to only pump half as much I ended up with even more.  I looked like Barbie with a plastic sheen and had to get rid of all of my foundation and start from scratch.  I think it would be great as a highlight if you could control it better, but so far I have had very little luck and I'll probably just unscrew the pump from now on.  I also got the Beauty Insider 500 point gift from Sephora inside JCP and it had an even larger bottle - 1.5oz of the oil along with a travel size of the Argan cleanser, a full size lip treatment and an 8 count travel makeup remover wipes.  That was definitely the best loyalty gift I've ever received from any program.  I was so happy they had a JM gift instead of the Clinique one that is online.  I love Clinique, but I just wait for bonus time if I want to purchase anything, so I had already tried all of the favorites in the Sephora BI kit from them.  

I love the way the oil makes my skin feel.  I used it fine without breakouts for almost two months but then I bought my Clarisonic.  My skin has been purging since the end of week two and I'm mid week 4 now.  The Argan oil makes my skin feel so much better afterward and I know I'm not reacting to it, but I want this phase to be over!  

Back