YSL Arty Stone Collection for Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
Yves Saint Laurent has launched their Arty Stone Collection for Spring 2013. They include some bold springy colors. These are available in stores at online at Nordstorm's now. Will any of these be making their way into your beauty collection?

The new collection includes:

Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Palette $55.00

We haven't located the palette above yet. Information forthcoming.

• Malachite: Bright green
  • Fluorite: Rosy pink
  • Amethyst: Pastel violet
  • Azurite: Bright blue

Above: Palette #5

Above: Palette #19
Creme de Blush $38.00

•  07 Rose
  •  08 Brown
  •  09 Pink
Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy $30.00 (Glossy Lip Balm)

•  12 Framboise Craquante
  •  13 Moka Griotte
Rouge Pur Couture $32.00 (Glossy Lip Stain)

• 23 Fuchsia Busite
  • 26 Violine Surrealiste
  • 27 Peche Cerra-Cola
  • 29 Rose Forreau
La Laque Couture $25.00

• 34 Jade Imperial
  • 35 Bronze Pyrite

Thanks for posting! I would love to get my hands on that palette! But I don't see it on sale online anywhere....any idea on where it would be available for purchase, or thoughts on whether it is already sold out?  I am thinking maybe YSL.com will feature this collection soon, I hope :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks!

*wants everything* *sigh* so much make up so little money...seriously the only reason I want to go back to work is to get money for more make up...is that weird?

hmm..everything seems a little dated to me...looks like last years colors idk.Maybe its just that green polish that is giving me that feeling.

Is it just me or does every cosmetic line feature pastels in the spring time? I get that the two go hand in hand but I wish they would think outside of the box. 

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me or does every cosmetic line feature pastels in the spring time? I get that the two go hand in hand but I wish they would think outside of the box. 
Most do use pastels I think. It's like holiday collections have green, gold and red in them each year too. I don't mind as long as they switch it up.

So pretty!!! Thanks for posting! I would love to get the lips colors and the blushes if I could.

Well, the lippie in the ad isn't a pastel at all. But, traditionally, companies put out more pastel colors in spring, vibrant and neons in summer, and richer, luxurious jewel tones in the fall/winter. I like the look of the pink blush and lippie..does anyone think the green resembles Zoya's Bevin from the ad pic. Of course, a close up of swatch comparisons would reveal the truth, but I immediately thought of that upon spotting that dusky green on the model's nails.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the lippie in the ad isn't a pastel at all. But, traditionally, companies put out more pastel colors in spring, vibrant and neons in summer, and richer, luxurious jewel tones in the fall/winter.

I like the look of the pink blush and lippie..does anyone think the green resembles Zoya's Bevin from the ad pic. Of course, a close up of swatch comparisons would reveal the truth, but I immediately thought of that upon spotting that dusky green on the model's nails.
It definitely reminds me of Bevin, and since that is from last year perhaps why I feel like it isn't fresh/new/exciting/anything special.

Originally Posted by Jazzyfresh1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would appreciate that.  Thanks, Dalylah!! You rock!
I have an email in to them about it and I will let you know after they respond.

I called them and they can't find the palette in their system. Odd. The representative is going hunting to see if that palette is exclusive to another country or what. She took my email and phone number so I will let you know when she gets back to me. Sorry for the wait. I do see the two other palettes on the Nordstroms site but not the one in the promo pic, which is unfortunate. I will post the other two palettes up top so you guys can see.

JI is dustier than Bevin. They're definitely not dupes. I plan to do a comp of them and a few other dusty greens at some point, so I'll post them here as well.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

JI is dustier than Bevin. They're definitely not dupes. I plan to do a comp of them and a few other dusty greens at some point, so I'll post them here as well.
*tosses grapes at Lola* I haven't seen you around much. Nice to see you spreading your extensive product knowledge.
wink.gif

Thanks for emailing them Dalylah.  I thought something like that might be up when I saw the rest of the collection out at Nordie's but not the palette.  That would be a shame! Sometimes I want to reassure YSL that women in the US like adventuresome colors too!  I ordered the YSL Glossy Stains in 27 and 29, the colors looked divine!  I am also liking the look of Jade Imperial and the creme de blush in #7....I have a serious addiction to YSL and Chanel (most of the time)..Has anyone tried the new YSL Rouge Volupte Shines? They look interesting.

Latest posts

Back