-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Julep: February 2013

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 743 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

I can't believe they released a teaser for February already! 9 Days to go until selection even... Hm.... a holo. Maybe we can hope for holos and... duochromes? Duochrome holos?   oh crap, of course I would put the wrong year.

#Post 2 of 743 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Fixed it for ya!

#Post 3 of 743 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

Fixed it for ya!

Thanks! haha, still think it's 2012...

#Post 4 of 743 OFFLINE   CaliMel

CaliMel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Joined 23-January 12

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm such a doofus.

In my sleep deprived state I read that email on my lunchbreak and was like Oh that's cool they had that last month in February. I totally didn't even give that a second thought until just now when I read this, and realized they meant February of THIS YEAR because DUH it's coming up next month! lol oops

#Post 5 of 743 OFFLINE   nailartcouture

nailartcouture

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-January 13

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I think it's going to be duochrome and halographic nail polishes this month. It's has be sparkly and glitzy if they're going to be Oscar Themed again! I hope we get another Oscar shaped chocolate that was a super cute touch last year. I can't believe I've been a Julep Maven for a year now! 

Anyways, whatever comes in the February box, I am giving them ALL away through a giveaway I am hosting on my blog. Since I was a maven pretty early on, a lot of people purchased through my referral links and I have racked up quite a huge amount (about 100,000 between my mom and I). I want to give back by donating some of my jules for a giveaway of the entire "Glamour Collection", so I really hope it's good, which I have a feeling it will be. Also, my birthday is going to be on the sneak peek day as well! 

If you're interested, please fill out the PunchTab Raffle form. It's pretty easy to do and you can share your referral link to gain increase your chances (every person who enters through your referral link get 5 additional entries!)

Here's the link: http://www.nailartco...e-february.html

#Post 6 of 743 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Augh!!! I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!!

#Post 7 of 743 OFFLINE   MollyC2153

MollyC2153

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 17-June 12

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm excited too! Oh, the last thing I need is more nail polish, but yet... 

#Post 8 of 743 ONLINE   meaganola

meaganola

Titania, Queen of the Midsummer Swap Fairies

• Super Moderators
  • 6,528 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

My two big polish weaknesses are duochromes and holographics.  I usually skip Julep because they tend to skip to creams, and those are really not my sort of thing, but I might go ahead and max out my add-ons this time.  I probably won't go for the ALL THE THINGS option because I have a feeling most of them will be warm shades and pinks/reds, but if they have cool purples, blues, greens, grays, and silvers?  Come to Meggie.  Also, Monday will be my birthday, so I might be more likely to justify an extra splurge since I'm the only one who will buy a present for me!  (I bought the Urban Decay _Alice in Wonderland_ palette when it came out -- at least I recall it hitting stores the same week as my birthday -- for this exact same reason.)

Swappity! Midsummer Night's Dreamlist Summerswap

Need a Midsummer Night's Dream Swap Fairy? Check out The Master List!

#Post 9 of 743 OFFLINE   nailpolishnerd7

nailpolishnerd7

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well, I said I was probably going to skip this month, but I have a feeling I'll opt in. Sparkly polishes are my downfall. I'll skip next month!

#Post 10 of 743 OFFLINE   MollyC2153

MollyC2153

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 17-June 12

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by nailpolishnerd7 View Post

Well, I said I was probably going to skip this month, but I have a feeling I'll opt in. Sparkly polishes are my downfall. I'll skip next month!

lol.. sureeee you will :-) I always say that too! I did skip last month, so yay me!

#Post 11 of 743 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

omg I can't believe I didn't see this thread XD I can't wait to see what they have this month

#Post 12 of 743 OFFLINE   javagirl87

javagirl87

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

hmmm holos/duochrome/glitter? i'll be skipping then for sure, for the third month in a row :(. they sure aren't offering a lot lately for people who like simple colors 

#Post 13 of 743 OFFLINE   wadedl

wadedl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Joined 05-March 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

They just posted a new top coat on Facebook that is going to be in the February box. I added the video. Now I can't skip.

#Post 14 of 743 OFFLINE   lulubelle107

lulubelle107

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Joined 13-June 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hoping the top coat is as good as it sounds!

#Post 15 of 743 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

:o Exciting! Can't wait to try it out

#Post 16 of 743 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I don't have sound rn so I can't hear all about how special it is, but I am excited!

On the other hand, does Julep really actually let their employees paint their nails at work LOL. It must be nice to work somewhere where they encourage not-necessarily-work-friendly nail polish colours :P

#Post 17 of 743 OFFLINE   Moonittude

Moonittude

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

My two big polish weaknesses are duochromes and holographics.  I usually skip Julep because they tend to skip to creams, and those are really not my sort of thing, but I might go ahead and max out my add-ons this time.  I probably won't go for the ALL THE THINGS option because I have a feeling most of them will be warm shades and pinks/reds, but if they have cool purples, blues, greens, grays, and silvers?  Come to Meggie.  Also, Monday will be my birthday, so I might be more likely to justify an extra splurge since I'm the only one who will buy a present for me!  (I bought the Urban Decay _Alice in Wonderland_ palette when it came out -- at least I recall it hitting stores the same week as my birthday -- for this exact same reason.)

Happy birthday! :)

I was planning on cancelling, allergic reaction etc. But now I think I will hold on for another month.

#Post 18 of 743 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Oooh looks like we're getting a new top/base coat set from Julep. :D Now I'm excited.

#Post 19 of 743 OFFLINE   DragonChick

DragonChick

Feather Windward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Joined 03-July 12

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I don't have sound rn so I can't hear all about how special it is, but I am excited!

On the other hand, does Julep really actually let their employees paint their nails at work LOL. It must be nice to work somewhere where they encourage not-necessarily-work-friendly nail polish colours :P

That's always a plus. I'm lucky in the fact that I can also wear pretty much any color to work, but the being able to paint your nails while at work? That would be awesome. I'd think they call it "product research" since you have to know the product that you're answering questions about, and I'm sure they get every question imaginable about their products.

I'm curious to see how the Freedom top coat compares to the Seche topcoat, so I'm excited to see that this is in the box. I haven't been excited about a Julep box since the suedes, which is only a couple of months ago, but still.

#Post 20 of 743 OFFLINE   crburros

crburros

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 02-December 12

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

I don't think I'll have any problem skipping this month. I'm not really into sparkly polish, and the Julep product of the month doesn't stand out to me...