Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#1 coffeecardigan

coffeecardigan
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Just in time to break my no-buy, Urban decay is releasing two gorgeous Oz palettes late January!  Priced at $49, these palettes come with a lip and eye pencil.  What do you think?  Image from A Model Recommends.

#2 puppyluv

puppyluv

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

!I love the idea of them, but I'm not sure if I really need one... BUT I know I'm getting an Ulta gift card for my birthday on Sunday plus I have a friends and family 20% off postcard that starts on the 27th SO it is going to be really hard to resist!

#3 coffeecardigan

coffeecardigan
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I just got that card, too!  But mine excludes Urban Decay. A pox on Ulta's coupons! ;-)

#4 JustJenessa

JustJenessa

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

They both look pretty, I'm obsessed with urban decay shadows so chances of me buying one is high. I just don't know which one I like better yet.

#5 viccckyhoang

viccckyhoang

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I think that I will be buying both! ;)

#6 AngelWings X

AngelWings X

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Too many tame colors for me!

#7 Suzy<3makeup

Suzy<3makeup

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah I expected one of the pallets to have crazy vivid colors and the other one to just have pretty girly colors. I love urban decay but I think I may pass on this one...not what I expected.

#8 coffeecardigan

coffeecardigan
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I need to see swatches!  Some photos of the palettes look unremarkable, but others look super interesting and unlike anything I have.  The Glinda palette looks like a better original Feminine palette... springy and light.  

#9 Meshybelle

Meshybelle

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Blah! I'm passing.

#10 ultajunkie

ultajunkie

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

I adore Urban Decay palettes. I have read a press releases on these from various beauty bloggers. Even though the colors are not as wild or interesting as I might like I am definitely going to get a close look at these and sad to say, I will probably be sucked in to purchasing both due to packaging and the fact that I love, love, love limited edition palettes for some reason. They know my weaknesses :)

#11 katlyne

katlyne

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

$49 EACH?!?!?!? yeah, as much as I want them soooooooooo badly. my wallet can't handle that right now.

#12 aquaeyes77

aquaeyes77

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Boy.. this kind of sucks. I wish they would have made an "Oz" palette similar to that of their Alice In Wonderland palette they put out a few years ago with an Emerald city pop up ect. and tons of rainbow "Oz inspired" eyeshadow colors. That would have been awesome and so much fun. Instead they give people this? it's alright, but I expect more presentation and imagination from a hip funky brand like Urban Decay.

#13 beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by aquaeyes77 View Post

Boy.. this kind of sucks. I wish they would have made an "Oz" palette similar to that of their Alice In Wonderland palette they put out a few years ago with an Emerald city pop up ect. and tons of rainbow "Oz inspired" eyeshadow colors. That would have been awesome and so much fun. Instead they give people this? it's alright, but I expect more presentation and imaginatiion from a hip funky brand like Urban Decay.

YES! that's EXACTLY was I was expecting from an Oz palette...not these soft pastel bawring colors

#14 viccckyhoang

viccckyhoang

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

i really like it.. considering that we get a REUSABLE beautiful PALETTE, POP OUT EYE SHADOWS (which you can switch it around if you have Urban Decay's newer eyeshadow packaging), an eyeliner, and a lip pencil.. the value is way beyond amazing! count me in to get both of these limited edition sets!!

#15 Dalylah

Dalylah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

This didn't pop to me at all. Where is the red ruby slippers and the bright colors from munchkinland? As someone who owns the Alice palette, this really lacks to me.

#16 xlisaa

xlisaa

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dalylah View Post

This didn't pop to me at all. Where is the red ruby slippers and the bright colors from munchkinland? As someone who owns the Alice palette, this really lacks to me.

That's how I feel too. It's a great value and all, but if the colors aren't too appealing, there's no point in spending money on something that you probably won't use. I wish UD would have released bright colors for this collection.

#17 beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by xlisaa View Post

That's how I feel too. It's a great value and all, but if the colors aren't too appealing, there's no point in spending money on something that you probably won't use. I wish UD would have released bright colors for this collection.

Agreed, maybe a palette w bright colors and one w softer ones

#18 Dalylah

Dalylah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

LOL hub saw it and said "Maybe they use that one (the one on the left) on the scarecrow" 

#19 beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

lmao

#20 viccckyhoang

viccckyhoang

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

i wish that there were more fun shades too buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I'm pretty sure that some of us are still going to get it even if they aren't too excited for it.. lols 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users