Birchbox Man February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god I really hope my boyfriend doesn't get this. And I thought the felt wallet was dumb:

Jack Robie Solid Pocket Square $25.00 (!!!???)

Did you look at the pic of box 3?!  There's apparently a mellonish-pink one, too!  DONOTLIKE!!!!!

It looks like they're in all of the boxes.

Maybe hubby will surprise me and really want one.  Maybe he'll find another use for it... 

bandit.gif

My hubby would love that box. He uses his pocket squares any chance he gets. He want to go to a party tomorrow because he could wear his tuxedo. I am never buying him anything again though. He hates sample size products.

agreed, that pocket square is a joke! My fiance is a city firefighter & in his spare time works out & hunts. He didn't even know what a pocket square was when I told him! He might use it to blow his nose in or to wipe the blood off his hands after gutting a deer.... this is not a joke

A pocket square? My bf and I watched the sneak peek together and he was very underwhelmed. I am thankful that his last two boxes were pretty good he found a great shaving lotion (Tiger balm) and he loves it!

But this month a shoe horn and a pocket square? Really? I don't think those are items that are going to appeal to them men that are being subscribed to these boxes. 

I am so disappointed. I really wanted to get him into Birchbox because my obsession for subscription boxes was growing. This is not a good way to keep him interested. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A pocket square? My bf and I watched the sneak peek together and he was very underwhelmed. I am thankful that his last two boxes were pretty good he found a great shaving lotion (Tiger balm) and he loves it!

But this month a shoe horn and a pocket square? Really? I don't think those are items that are going to appeal to them men that are being subscribed to these boxes. 

I am so disappointed. I really wanted to get him into Birchbox because my obsession for subscription boxes was growing. This is not a good way to keep him interested. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally disagree! Maybe it doesn't appeal to the men whose girlfriends/wives subscribe them to the box (I can't imagine that the firefighter/hunter hubby in an above post signed up for this all by himself - however I have been wrong before!), but I think that a large percentage of subscribers are men who are interested in grooming and looking "dapper." I know my bf is going to be way more into the pocket square and shoe horn than he was into the cheap plastic quirky headphone wrapper thing... but then again, JCrew knows our address.

wink.gif

Edit: I definitely signed my bf up for this too... no way he would have done it on his own - but he does like to be dapper!

i have not watched the video yet. i dont think i could use a shoehorn for a pair of rocky boots or brooks running shoes.

i dont even own a jacket that has a spot for a pocket square.

Lol sorry nathan. I was not pleased with the lifestyle products this month. I'm hoping the samples are pretty good though. Think there are 6 box options that could be getting.

Originally Posted by nathant78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have not watched the video yet. i dont think i could use a shoehorn for a pair of rocky boots or brooks running shoes.

Lol yep this applies to my BF too.

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally disagree! Maybe it doesn't appeal to the men whose girlfriends/wives subscribe them to the box (I can't imagine that the firefighter/hunter hubby in an above post signed up for this all by himself - however I have been wrong before!), but I think that a large percentage of subscribers are men who are interested in grooming and looking "dapper." I know my bf is going to be way more into the pocket square and shoe horn than he was into the cheap plastic quirky headphone wrapper thing... but then again, JCrew knows our address.

wink.gif

Edit: I definitely signed my bf up for this too... no way he would have done it on his own - but he does like to be dapper!
He actually did want to sign up on his own! he is totally into grooming and hair products! Being a firefighter, he has to be clean shaven in order for his oxygen mask to seal properly so he loves finding new shaving products. He also loves a good hair pomade! Just because someone is an outdoorsman doesn't mean they don't want to look good. The lifestyle products this month definitely seem to be aimed towards the business savvy type, rather than the outdoorsy & athletic type (Which is what he has down for himself in his profile)

Originally Posted by nathant78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol yep this applies to my BF too.
 Ditto!

So disappointing. I'm sure there is a certain demographic that can appreciate a good pocket square, but I just think a lot of the stuff they're pushing is too simplistic for the exorbitant prices they charge. $25 for a square of fabric, seriously? How much did they price those felt wallets at? $30? Ridiculous. My boyfriend loved the boxers and the t-shirt and some of the gadgets, and he loves a lot of the samples he gets. But some of this shit is straight up cheesy. A shoehorn? Reeeeallly??? Come on, what is this the 17th century? lol

In other news, I'm signed up for and awaiting the launch of Hiskit. Not much information out about it right now, but thought I would throw it out there as another sub box for dudes. http://www.hiskit.com/

Saweeet I just signed up for the waitlist! Thanks! Anything has to be better than a shoehorn lol!

Their website lists socks and underwear among some of the items they will send, and the cost is only $12/month. So I hope it launches soon I really want to check them out.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In other news, I'm signed up for and awaiting the launch of Hiskit. Not much information out about it right now, but thought I would throw it out there as another sub box for dudes. http://www.hiskit.com/
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!  Definitely wanna hear all about this!  Please keep us updated!

Latest posts

Back