Flower Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score

Flower Cosmetics has been freshly launched by Drew Barrymore, formerly a CoverGirl . She has released a set of 18 products exclusively to Walmart. When asked why she chose to sell them exclusively at Walmart she said “We want it to be in people’s hands.†She wanted to make it accessible to everyone.

"Flower’s formulas are made in the USA and feature a proprietary botanical Soft-Focus complex that illuminates your complexion from within. The products themselves are new-and-improved takes on Drew’s all-time favorite makeup staples, decked in simple yet chic bone-white and rose-gold packaging. A few standouts sure to brighten up your beauty bag include:

• • Ultimate Mascara with three settings to create your perfect length, thickness and curl.
  • • Color Play Crème Eyeshadow for a long-wearing, ultra-shimmering finish.
  • • Ready, Set, Glow! Blush-Bronzer Duo for a custom blush and contoured look."

Source: Walmart.com

Some lipstick swatches:

Source

Sweet Peony, Tulips 2 Kiss You!, Rose Bud, Petunia Petals

What really caught my eye were these cute pocket eyeshadows. I love this idea!

So has this sparked interest for you? Will you be trying out any Flower products?

I've been a huge Drew fan for as long as I can remember and I'm so excited about this! My local Wal Mart had a crappy "display" (no display....I really had to hunt) and only had a few items. I got the Velvet Lip stick in So Gladiola and the nail polish in Thistle or That. The lipstick is amazing! It is my new signature color and it goes on very nicely. I work about an hour away and went to that Wal Mart and they were just setting up, but I snagged two mascaras. I haven't used the polish or mascaras yet, but I need to get a stash of that lipstick because I really love it. I will go back next week after work. I'm not a big Wal Mart person, but the prices are good, are priced well and all of the products clearly state no animal testing, so I think I will be a happy customer.

I'll be checking these items out..probably get a lippie, shadow and polish. I'll report back when I find these lol; there's two Wal-Mars nearby, so one should have a display.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from this line on walmart.com I cant wait to try it. im a big Drew fan. plus the company told me they dont test on animals!

I dropped into WalMart yesterday, hoping to see the display and pick up some items to test drive. No such luck, I left with dog treats and two new lippies from Revlon and Maybelline instead lol. I'll just check back later.. I have several specific items I want to try, after reading the January Allure shoot she did. Better luck next time!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dropped into WalMart yesterday, hoping to see the display and pick up some items to test drive. No such luck, I left with dog treats and two new lippies from Revlon and Maybelline instead lol.

I'll just check back later.. I have several specific items I want to try, after reading the January Allure shoot she did. Better luck next time!
I have a list in my phone of products and the colors that I want lol. You might want to check online before you go next time. All of the Wal Marts near me say "limited stock" so I'm guessing a lot of them will have that until the products are all rolled out, but it's worth a shot.

I've never ordered online from WalMart.. there were two empty sections cleared out in the beauty aisle, I'm assuming for this new brand. I'm not in a huge hurry, but do want to try them out. I suppose if there's nothing stocked in the next few weeks, I'll just order online. Thanks for the advice, though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally found the flower cosmetics at one of my walmarts. Looking online to see which stores have the products doesn't always work. I checked online and it said that they had the products, but when I went to the store they did not have them out yet. I live in Northwest Arkansas (Walmart country) and they do not have the products in all the store yet. I only picked up a lip butter. They were out of the mascara I wanted to try and they don't have the eye shadows yet. I loved the lip butter! I can't wait until they have the whole line out!

I went on "Musings of a Muse" today (which is in my opinion the best beauty blog out there) and she had posted a review on the "Flower" BB cream and had said it was very close to the actual Asian BB cream formula as opposed to the watered down north american version and a very good product. This got me super excited. It would be so nice to purchase a decent beauty balm at the drugstore and not be disappointed. Based on the reviews I'm hearing this line is going to be a hit.

Originally Posted by aquaeyes77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went on "Musings of a Muse" today (which is in my opinion the best beauty blog out there) and she had posted a review on the "Flower" BB cream and had said it was very close to the actual Asian BB cream formula as opposed to the watered down north american version and a very good product. This got me super excited. It would be so nice to purchase a decent beauty balm at the drugstore and not be disappointed. Based on the reviews I'm hearing this line is going to be a hit.
In one of her recent interviews (maybe the Allure one?) Drew Barrymore addressed how many of the new BB creams are not a true BB cream like the Asian ones are, and that they have a really good formula with the Flower brand. I can't wait to try it since I was unimpressed with any BB cream I've tried so far.

That's really cool I haven't heard of this line and never goto Walmart but I have a gift card that I need to use up from xmas so I will def know what to use it on cant wait to see more reviews and thoughts!

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In one of her recent interviews (maybe the Allure one?) Drew Barrymore addressed how many of the new BB creams are not a true BB cream like the Asian ones are, and that they have a really good formula with the Flower brand. I can't wait to try it since I was unimpressed with any BB cream I've tried so far.
Really? that's pretty cool. Smart business woman. I noticed Drew is looking really gorgeous lately, maybe she's into Asian skin care?

The Ultimate Mascara with three settings to create your perfect length, thickness and curl is not a new idea. I remember in the 80's Maybelline had a mascara that had 10 settings.

Does anyone know if these are paraben free? It's hard to find drugstore makeup that doesn't have them, but Drew has championed for more natural stuff in the past so I'm holding out hope.

I know the BB cream is paraben free but I am trying to find out about the rest. I have a tweet and email in to them asking.

EmilyNoel83 was showing a few of the lip products she just picked up from the collection on her UStream this morning.  She's liking them so far.  I like the packaging so I may give one of them a shot. 

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EmilyNoel83 was showing a few of the lip products she just picked up from the collection on her UStream this morning.  She's liking them so far.  I like the packaging so I may give one of them a shot. 
damn I missed that!!!

Latest posts

Back