Glamour Doll Eyes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Glamour Doll Eyes is absolutely my favourite independent mineral shadow brand. 
What are your favourite GDE shadows? 
I swatched all of mine to share here. Do you guys have swatches of yours?

I love them too. I've posted some swatches in different threads that I"m too lazy to go find, but they are my favorite. I'm thinking about starting to mix my own polishes using the pigments but I'm scared, lol. What did you swatch these over?

Bes independent mineral eye shadow company ever. Vee is awesome. Actually it's prob. the best mineral eyeshadow out there in general, independent or not.

They are massively awesome. I've actually never tried Foil Me. I use the MAC Pro mediums for everything. The water based to apply them with usually, the eyeliner mixing medium, and the lash mixing medium. I can pretty much do anything with them. That's really convenient for me as a makeup artist, especially on shoots, cause I can be like "BLAM!" and instead of "There's an app for that", "There's a mixing medium for that."

Indie brands are usually the best because they listen to people and care about you. They also tend to have way better colors and stuff for more specialized interests because they're not looking to appeal to the global market the way that like, say MAC and Make Up For Ever do. That's why I'm really into GDE and Sugarpill and stuff. I also want to order from Makeup Geek in the near future. Anybody have an opinion on Makeup Geek shadows?

I'm in the Insider program, which is basically like a mini sponsorship where they send you four half-sized shadows every month and you use them and send them the pictures. This month went well for me, and I think the next box ships out tomorrow, so everyone should keep an eye out for when new spots open up. Cotton Candy, Mackinac, Catwalk, and Corrode were the four they sent me in January, so I did pay for all of the rest of those over the past year.

I have a few already swatched but I have more I haven't swatched yet. Definitely one of my two favorite mineral shadow companies.

You've Got Coal, Cat in a Parka, Laced with Snow

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a few already swatched but I have more I haven't swatched yet. Definitely one of my two favorite mineral shadow companies.

You've Got Coal, Cat in a Parka, Laced with Snow

Lmao I wasn't paying attention and I read: You've Got a goat...for some reason lmao

Either way, gorgeous swatches :3

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lmao I wasn't paying attention and I read: You've Got a goat...for some reason lmao

Either way, gorgeous swatches :3
I don't have a goat.... yet
biggrin.gif

This is the next insider round I received today. Rocket is like, unbelievable. It's a duochrome, so it's hard to photograph, but when it moves, it goes from taupe to gold. And COME ON, Southern Lace. Wooow!

Originally Posted by Airi Magdalene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the next insider round I received today. Rocket is like, unbelievable. It's a duochrome, so it's hard to photograph, but when it moves, it goes from taupe to gold. And COME ON, Southern Lace. Wooow!
I have show off and it is one of my fav colors EVER. I love dusk, but I know I wouldn't wear it very often. Flourishing and rocket look super nice too.

Gorgeous! I just got the Halo collection sample jar set, to soothe my nerves since the OTM 6 mo sub already sold out lol.. Will be happy to share swatches when they arrive!

So pretty! I've been debating ordering a sample grab bag to at least try them and seeing all these swatches has cemented that I HAVE TO. Dusk and Southern Lace are gorgeoouuuus.

I just started with their OTM sub, and I really love them. The colors that I've seen swatched (here, and facebook) are so pigmented and gorgeous. Thanks for swatching more colors for me to obsess over! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back