The Jungle Stand - Tasting Bar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just came across this sample box while cruising Youtube, and didn't see a thread for it here as of yet.

The Site: http://thejunglestand.com/JungleStand/index.php

The Box: The Jungle Stand - Tasting Bar

The Contents: Six tasting sized portions of various 'unique' foods

The Price: $9.92 + free shipping, Billed at the first of every month (this works out to about $1.65 per taste)

The Frequency: Once per month, the first week of the month

The catch: Cancel at any time, and pause the service whenever you please

About the Bar: 

We are an original taste-ing BAR.

And every month the BAR will offer bite
hypen.png
sizedsamples for taste-ing.It’ll be a very unique experience for sure
amp.png
certainlyone you’ve never had before. Perhaps odd 
amp.png
 maybe even strange at times, butalways delightful. So take a taste and enjoy! This will be YOUR adventure.

This definitely looks interesting to me, the unboxing I watched was a 'Stinky Cheese Box' with various unique cheese to taste. As far as I understand, every month is a different theme, and different tastes. I have seen the cheese box, a chocolate box, and a cookies box. The website and packaging looks like a lot of fun.

I'm probably going to give this one a try, I'm recently into trying new foods! What about you?

Cheese? There's a cheese subscription?
One of the 3 boxes they have come out with was cheese themed, but not cheese every month. They had a chocolate 'mystery ingredient' box, where they sent 6 tastes of chocolate that incorporated an ingredient that got stronger for each piece, and you were supposed to see if you could guess the secret ingredient (it was chili). Second box was cookie themed, pitting 3 well known or higher end cookies against 3 not so common cookies (or something to this effect) so you could have a 'cookie off' ,so to speak, and compare differences in the brands. 3Rd box was cheese themed with 6 unique cheeses to taste. Every box looks like a fun and interactive experience, so you definitely pay a little more for that at $9.92 a box. I went ahead and signed up, I home school my 11 year old so I am always looking for fun and educational things we can do together. This also can expand our taste buds! Looking forward to what they come up with next!

Can you choose what you don't want them to send? For instance, if you don't want a meat themed box, is there a way to get rid of that? It looks interesting but I don't know if I'll sign up for it.

this one is soooo unique. i added it to my list of what's up next but with all the deals we are getting overrun right now.

Originally Posted by Rita Frita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you choose what you don't want them to send? For instance, if you don't want a meat themed box, is there a way to get rid of that? It looks interesting but I don't know if I'll sign up for it.
Nope....they come up with the boxes and don't give any hints, so it's always a surprise when you get it. You can't opt out for anything, but you can pause it at any time.

I just received my February Tasting Bar (signed up 2/12)

"We all enjoy a good mystery now and then. So here's one: Within this bar, 6 tastes share a common characteristic. What is it? It's NOT a secret ingredient, BUT it has something to do with their taste. It'll be a tough nut to crack for sure, but if you taste well enough, you'll solve the case.

Before you are 6 amazing treats. All made by 2 hardworking moms who turned the ordinary into something extraordinary (as all moms do). The first 3 tastes are nuts, roasted with incredible flavors. They're handcrafted and made in small batches. The next 3 tastes are called clusters. They're gourmet pretzels infused with decadent flavors like cherries & peanut butter chips. Enjoy!" 

(Green: Top left) Sweet & Spicy Pecans: Pure cane sugar gives these pecan halves a touch of sweet that perfectly complements the cayenne ancho & paprika. They're wonderful with wine or beer. All-natural. Gluten and cholesterol free.

(Yellow: Top middle) Chipotle Almonds: Chipotle pepper, ancho chile & pure cane sugar are infused into these almonds to produce a full-bodied flavor. (They're wonderful with wine or beer. All-natural. Gluten and cholesterol free.)

(Pink: Top right) Garlic Almonds: Zesty garlic, cayenne & black pepper give these almonds a punch. A touch of pure cane sugar makes them irresistible. (They're wonderful with wine or beer. All-natural. Gluten and cholesterol free.)

(Red: Bottom left) Ultimate Clusters: Infused with crunchy peanut butter toffee peanuts, creamy peanut butter chips, rich milk chocolate & old-fashioned toffee.

(Blue: Bottom middle) Spicy Cherry Pistachio Clusters: Infused with chocolate, dried cherries, creamy pistachio nuts, cashews (and just in case you couldn't get enough) dark chocolate. (Best tasting cluster.)

(Orange: Bottom right) Salted Caramel Clusters: Classical flavors like decadent dark chocolate & natural sea salt are all piled on top of an all-natural pretzel. (This taste may give you the best clue in solving the mystery!)

My chocolate clusters got a bit melty in the mailbox, so my box is hanging out in the fridge until after dinner. I can't wait to taste everything! 

Mmm that looks tasty. I was on the fence with this one being that we get goodies and graze. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

The theme was sweet meets savory. My bf, son, and I all shared the tastes tonight. It was a unique and tasty experience! Everything was very tasty and we had fun sharing our opinions on each taste. We will definitely look forward to the next tasting bar! I hope they do something different next, as they have now done a somewhat spicy/mystery theme box for 2 of 4 boxes. In the end, we all agreed the box was worth the $9.92.

I think gourmet.com or one of those big foodie sites have cheese subs.

A cheese sub sounds neat, but for me I can sample all the exotic cheese I want for free (I shop at a local italian shop and the people who work there will let you sample anything esp if you are a regular customer....even if I do not buy much cheese- I do buy pasta,homemade sauce,bread amost every week though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if you live near a Costco and can visit during the weekends before 3 or 4pm they always have food sample stations on Saturdays and most Sundays..I used to have to go evaluate those stations as a job last year.....

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cheese? There's a cheese subscription?

This looks great, and right up my alley.  However the site isn't secure, so I won't be ordering until they either offer Paypal or secure it. 

Got my first box yesterday - it is almost gone already. The concept and packaging is pretty fun.  Loved the pecans! 

This is really great, did anyone get the cheese or other boxes and can show pictures of those?! 

Originally Posted by klg534 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is really great, did anyone get the cheese or other boxes and can show pictures of those?! 
If you search for 'the jungle stand' on youtube, there are several box openings. "LePooke" has openings of the cheese, and chocolate...not sure about the cookie box, but there are others.

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When does it usually arrive? I'm getting antsy 
icon_eek.gif
I'm not sure, have you been charged? I signed up on the 12th of Feb, and received it on the 23rd of Feb. I thought it went by your sub date, but I haven't been charged yet so I'm not sure. 

They are pretty good about responding to shipping inquiries if you post on their FB wall, I think I will post and see when mine will be shipping.

Latest posts

Back