-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

New Sub? Blush Mystery Box

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 724 OFFLINE   Missyrocks

Missyrocks

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Anyone else sign up for the Blush Mystery Box? They say it's over $200 in skin, makeup, & hair products for $34.95 for 1x box or subscribe monthly for $24.95, includes the shipping. Sounds pretty promising because they sell so many different lines in their site- as long as it's not like soon to expire products.

#Post 2 of 724 OFFLINE   FoxxyNiki

FoxxyNiki

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-September 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Missyrocks View Post

Anyone else sign up for the Blush Mystery Box? They say it's over $200 in skin, makeup, & hair products for $34.95 for 1x box or subscribe monthly for $24.95, includes the shipping. Sounds pretty promising because they sell so many different lines in their site- as long as it's not like soon to expire products.

I JUST signed up for it! If you sign up today you also get an extra mystery gift. I've ordered stuff from Derm Store before and they have great brands, great shipping and great customer service, so I'm definitly willing to give this a try. I also have a feeling that their first box should be extra great since they will probably want to use it to attract new customers.

#Post 3 of 724 ONLINE   IffB

IffB

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I signed up to try it for a month with the 20% off code on purchases over $25 - VIPCSBL25 -  it included a 2 year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens. 

#Post 4 of 724 OFFLINE   Hellocat4

Hellocat4

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

No!  Why did you have to tell me abt this? Looks like I'm going to have to sign up for this one too. Love dermstore. Dermstore is no longer on ebates!  How weird!

#Post 5 of 724 OFFLINE   Robinssa

Robinssa

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 08-October 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

I signed up for one month with the discount - looks like a lot of products if the shadow outlines are what's included.

#Post 6 of 724 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

I personally have no interest once seeing someone is related to dermstore. I've had terrible customer service from them, I've seen their mystery boxes before and they are terrible, and I think beautyfix sends out old stock, so I imagine blush will do the same.

#Post 7 of 724 OFFLINE   shadowboxer

shadowboxer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

I just ordered it.  I canceled Glossybox so I have space in my monthly box budget.  I'm pretty excited to see what is in this one.  My order says 1-3 day shipping, so we should know soon.

Dermstore has given me great customer service.  I even sent an unsolicited complimentary email a few weeks ago because I felt like they took such good care of me.

But, if they send me a bunch of stuff that's close to expiration then I'll probably cancel pretty quickly.  I don't have a huge backlog, but nobody wants a bunch of old stuff.

#Post 8 of 724 OFFLINE   amygab1126

amygab1126

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Joined 15-September 11
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I'm extremely tempted, since I got the email this morning. But as a long-term BeautyFix subscriber and an idiot who bought the "mystery bags" in the summer, I'm wary. I feel like I could guess what's in the package just based on the things that have been repeated as options in my BeautyFix selections for the past year and a half. And man...I'd be so pissed to get yet another Cures by Avance eye cream or Purlisse lip balm, or a bag that counts as one of the items.

#Post 9 of 724 ONLINE   IffB

IffB

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Yikes - I ordered and now I regret it since there is nothing on BeautyFix that I have wanted for months...hopefully no Degree body spray!  (I should have gotten the Clinique Bloomingdale's  GWP instead). That being said, never had a problem with the CS at Dermastore, and who knows... they first box could be awesome to attract subscribers. 

#Post 10 of 724 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by amygab1126 View Post

I'm extremely tempted, since I got the email this morning. But as a long-term BeautyFix subscriber and an idiot who bought the "mystery bags" in the summer, I'm wary. I feel like I could guess what's in the package just based on the things that have been repeated as options in my BeautyFix selections for the past year and a half. And man...I'd be so pissed to get yet another Cures by Avance eye cream or Purlisse lip balm, or a bag that counts as one of the items.

I'm one of those idiots too - never again!

#Post 11 of 724 OFFLINE   FoxxyNiki

FoxxyNiki

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-September 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by amygab1126 View Post

What is BeautyFix and what is their relationship to Derm Store and this new Blush Box....??? Just wondering so I can cancel if need be!

#Post 12 of 724 OFFLINE   Missyrocks

Missyrocks

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Oh, I missed that coupon! Already ordered :(

#Post 13 of 724 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki View Post

What is BeautyFix and what is their relationship to Derm Store and this new Blush Box....??? Just wondering so I can cancel if need be!

beautyfix is dermstores quarterly subscription box where you pick your own products. Dermstore and blush.com are the same company.

#Post 14 of 724 OFFLINE   lindsaydance05

lindsaydance05

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just tried to order looks like there sold out already :(

#Post 15 of 724 OFFLINE   stylishmomofnw

stylishmomofnw

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 10-January 13
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I am so curious to see what you guys receive, I hesitated to order because of the same reason, the Dermstore mystery bag I got a couple months ago was pretty much expired or old products; just got one face peel that seemed to be current; this sub seems interesting though so hope it turns out to be all new products:)

#Post 16 of 724 OFFLINE   Beautyboxgal

Beautyboxgal

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Sold out!  : (

#Post 17 of 724 OFFLINE   kitnmitns

kitnmitns

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Anyone recognize the products in the promo video?

#Post 18 of 724 OFFLINE   lloronita

lloronita

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 24-February 12
Reviews

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Already have a tracking number.  It's coming first-class mail.

#Post 19 of 724 OFFLINE   kitnmitns

kitnmitns

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
Reviews

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Okay super-sleuths, what are the products in the video?

#Post 20 of 724 OFFLINE   Beautyboxgal

Beautyboxgal

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Reviews

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Stila, of course.  Jack Black, maybe.