Jump to content

-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk


Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...


Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Birchbox Man March 2013


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hello ladies, are we ready to see what our men will receive this month??



#Post 2 of 47 OFFLINE   barbyechick

barbyechick

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

oh snap, it's billing day already lol

 

i'm curious what this month's theme will be their tumblr hasn't had any real hints and no sneak peak yet



#Post 3 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I am excited to see too- this is make it or break it month for my bf! 

 

The shoe horn last month was just ridiculous.

 

If you catch some sneak peeks let me know!!



#Post 4 of 47 OFFLINE   barbyechick

barbyechick

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

actually, seems i skipped over it - photo of them filming the sneak peak video

 

http://instagram.com/p/VcWczJEzMJ/

 

 

i think i spot a shoe brush?



#Post 5 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Oooh I can't tell what the lifestyle products are in the picture, can you?? The samples looks interesting. I really have my fingers crossed for a good month.



#Post 6 of 47 OFFLINE   emily9763

emily9763

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 28-August 12
Reviews

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

The March men's boxes are 404ing, it looks like there are 10 variations this month

 

https://www.birchbox...013/march13box1



#Post 7 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

I am excited to see what they have this month, anyone got any ideas?

#Post 8 of 47 OFFLINE   barbyechick

barbyechick

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

i'm thinking the blue stuff on the left side is kiehl's,

 

theme wise it may be alcohol related, they've been sharing some drink recipes / ideas for valentine's or maybe a spring 'renewal' theme makes sense?

 

not entirely related but i saw there's a bb cream for guys by lab series and i thought that was such a great idea, especially as a birchbox sample ;-)



#Post 9 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

A BB cream for guys? Oh dear, haha I would have a tough time convincing my bf to try that.



#Post 10 of 47 ONLINE   meaganola

meaganola

    Titania, Queen of the Midsummer Swap Fairies

  • Super Moderators
  • 6,907 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews
  • Location:Portland, OR

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

That's actually a huge thing in Korea -- and I do mean BB cream specifically for men.  


Swappity! Midsummer Night's Dreamlist Summerswap

Need a Midsummer Night's Dream Swap Fairy? Check out The Master List!

#Post 11 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

OK, but a BB cream for men here? I just don't see it working. I don't even think men know what BB creams are and if they saw it they'd be like.....makeup??



#Post 12 of 47 OFFLINE   barbyechick

barbyechick

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull View Post

OK, but a BB cream for men here? I just don't see it working. I don't even think men know what BB creams are and if they saw it they'd be like.....makeup??

 

to be fair most bb creams in the US are just ;) tinted moisturizers which is what i think it was lol

 

i think it's smart. birchbox is already trying to get guys to spend more on better moisturizer and they're trying to get guys to just try new things they never thought of to open up markets why not every once in a while throw out something crazy but tempting haha 



#Post 13 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Trust me, I totally get it. I definitely want my bf to try new things which is why I signed him up for this. The only reason I hope they don't send it is I just asked him what he'd think of it and he said if they sent him that he would want me to cancel. Lol.

 

I know all the guys are different and many probably would like it or at least give it a shot. Not my guy. He has already found some stuff he's liked from BB so I still really want to keep him subbed.



#Post 14 of 47 OFFLINE   barbyechick

barbyechick

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull View Post

Trust me, I totally get it. I definitely want my bf to try new things which is why I signed him up for this. The only reason I hope they don't send it is I just asked him what he'd think of it and he said if they sent him that he would want me to cancel. Lol.

 

I know all the guys are different and many probably would like it or at least give it a shot. Not my guy. He has already found some stuff he's liked from BB so I still really want to keep him subbed.

lol i dont think they'll send it at least not anytime soon so no worries at least on that end but i saw it at nordstrom and just thought it was smart and saw the birchbox fit

 

especially since i keep getting shaving creams there must be something else =P



#Post 15 of 47 OFFLINE   Beeyutifull

Beeyutifull

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Whew, at least I have hopes I can keep him subbed for a while longer. Still excited about this month. I find it funny when I get my BB he's like 'where's mine?' It's more fun for me though cuz I search for the sneak peeks and can instantly tell what I think he will like/not like.

 

Last month was a bummer for both of us.



#Post 16 of 47 OFFLINE   barbyechick

barbyechick

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

saw the zirh platinum collection getting promoted ( http://tmblr.co/ZQPTIweW4m3p ) i think that's what the bottles on the left may be

 

anyone else ever have their birchbox charge disappear after going through? already emailed cs but i was definitely confused



#Post 17 of 47 OFFLINE   etd11

etd11

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-February 13
Reviews

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Does anybody else besides me think that Birchbox has been slacking with BB Man recently? I've been a subscriber since late 2012 and feel like they have been pushing the preview release date up a day or two month by month. The February box preview came out the day before the box shipped (1/24), which I thought was really bizarre and kind of irritating. It doesn't really make you get excited when you're going to receive the box itself just a few days after the preview (depending on your location).

 

Also, I feel like they've been recycling products and struggling to keep finding new items to send out. I've received the Towel Dry "Mid" styling cream twice, the Balia powder twice, and John Varvatos Artisan samples twice already. I had originally heard that BB gets their samples for free from larger companies who want people to try their products in hopes of increasing sales, but it's starting to seem like fewer new companies want to join in as the number of subscribers continues to skyrocket.

 

I really hope that they can rebound from what seems to be an overflow of subscribers and an underflow of new products, because if they don't, I'll probably cancel. A few friends have said the same thing, so I don't think it's just me who feels like the quality of the service, box, and company is declining. Their "request an invite" thing is also pretty f-ing pretentious considering it seems like you just put in your email address and wait 72 hours for them to "accept" your request, as if they decline anybody for the sake of quality.
 



#Post 18 of 47 OFFLINE   Kerryliz

Kerryliz

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Joined 29-August 12
Reviews

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by etd11 View Post

Does anybody else besides me think that Birchbox has been slacking with BB Man recently? I've been a subscriber since late 2012 and feel like they have been pushing the preview release date up a day or two month by month. The February box preview came out the day before the box shipped (1/24), which I thought was really bizarre and kind of irritating. It doesn't really make you get excited when you're going to receive the box itself just a few days after the preview (depending on your location).

 

Also, I feel like they've been recycling products and struggling to keep finding new items to send out. I've received the Towel Dry "Mid" styling cream twice, the Balia powder twice, and John Varvatos Artisan samples twice already. I had originally heard that BB gets their samples for free from larger companies who want people to try their products in hopes of increasing sales, but it's starting to seem like fewer new companies want to join in as the number of subscribers continues to skyrocket.

 

I really hope that they can rebound from what seems to be an overflow of subscribers and an underflow of new products, because if they don't, I'll probably cancel. A few friends have said the same thing, so I don't think it's just me who feels like the quality of the service, box, and company is declining. Their "request an invite" thing is also pretty f-ing pretentious considering it seems like you just put in your email address and wait 72 hours for them to "accept" your request, as if they decline anybody for the sake of quality.
 

 

I just ordered a full size Towel Dry "Mid" for my boyfriend after he sampled it a couple months ago (first time he's ever asked me for something like that!) - and I got him Balla Powder for X-Mas... he loves both of them! But even though he would probably be happy to receive those again I would certainly be annoyed by repeats! He's (well really I'VE) only been subscribed for 3 months now (I think) and so far we've both bee happy.

 

Side note.. can't beleive people are hating on the shoe horn - it's SO nice!



#Post 19 of 47 OFFLINE   Kerryliz

Kerryliz

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Joined 29-August 12
Reviews

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Just found this sneek peak video.. looks pretty cool! I wonder if we'll get all three of the "lifestyle" products or just one.... hope all three!!

 

http://blip.tv/birch...ch-2013-6537003



#Post 20 of 47 OFFLINE   emily9763

emily9763

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 28-August 12
Reviews

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kerryliz View Post

Just found this sneek peak video.. looks pretty cool! I wonder if we'll get all three of the "lifestyle" products or just one.... hope all three!!

 

http://blip.tv/birch...ch-2013-6537003

All 3 would be great! I hope its like last month where everyone got the same lifestyle products, and not like previous months where lifestyle products featured were only in half the boxes, and then the other half got old recycled products that they didn't receive it. I know my fiance would love all of the lifestyle products this month for sure and i hope he gets them!