Birchbox Man March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am excited to see too- this is make it or break it month for my bf! 

The shoe horn last month was just ridiculous.

If you catch some sneak peeks let me know!!

Oooh I can't tell what the lifestyle products are in the picture, can you?? The samples looks interesting. I really have my fingers crossed for a good month.

i'm thinking the blue stuff on the left side is kiehl's,

theme wise it may be alcohol related, they've been sharing some drink recipes / ideas for valentine's or maybe a spring 'renewal' theme makes sense?

not entirely related but i saw there's a bb cream for guys by lab series and i thought that was such a great idea, especially as a birchbox sample ;-)

OK, but a BB cream for men here? I just don't see it working. I don't even think men know what BB creams are and if they saw it they'd be like.....makeup??

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, but a BB cream for men here? I just don't see it working. I don't even think men know what BB creams are and if they saw it they'd be like.....makeup??
to be fair most bb creams in the US are just ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> tinted moisturizers which is what i think it was lol

i think it's smart. birchbox is already trying to get guys to spend more on better moisturizer and they're trying to get guys to just try new things they never thought of to open up markets why not every once in a while throw out something crazy but tempting haha 

Trust me, I totally get it. I definitely want my bf to try new things which is why I signed him up for this. The only reason I hope they don't send it is I just asked him what he'd think of it and he said if they sent him that he would want me to cancel. Lol.

I know all the guys are different and many probably would like it or at least give it a shot. Not my guy. He has already found some stuff he's liked from BB so I still really want to keep him subbed.

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Trust me, I totally get it. I definitely want my bf to try new things which is why I signed him up for this. The only reason I hope they don't send it is I just asked him what he'd think of it and he said if they sent him that he would want me to cancel. Lol.

I know all the guys are different and many probably would like it or at least give it a shot. Not my guy. He has already found some stuff he's liked from BB so I still really want to keep him subbed.
lol i dont think they'll send it at least not anytime soon so no worries at least on that end but i saw it at nordstrom and just thought it was smart and saw the birchbox fit

especially since i keep getting shaving creams there must be something else =P

Whew, at least I have hopes I can keep him subbed for a while longer. Still excited about this month. I find it funny when I get my BB he's like 'where's mine?' It's more fun for me though cuz I search for the sneak peeks and can instantly tell what I think he will like/not like.

Last month was a bummer for both of us.

Does anybody else besides me think that Birchbox has been slacking with BB Man recently? I've been a subscriber since late 2012 and feel like they have been pushing the preview release date up a day or two month by month. The February box preview came out the day before the box shipped (1/24), which I thought was really bizarre and kind of irritating. It doesn't really make you get excited when you're going to receive the box itself just a few days after the preview (depending on your location).

Also, I feel like they've been recycling products and struggling to keep finding new items to send out. I've received the Towel Dry "Mid" styling cream twice, the Balia powder twice, and John Varvatos Artisan samples twice already. I had originally heard that BB gets their samples for free from larger companies who want people to try their products in hopes of increasing sales, but it's starting to seem like fewer new companies want to join in as the number of subscribers continues to skyrocket.

I really hope that they can rebound from what seems to be an overflow of subscribers and an underflow of new products, because if they don't, I'll probably cancel. A few friends have said the same thing, so I don't think it's just me who feels like the quality of the service, box, and company is declining. Their "request an invite" thing is also pretty f-ing pretentious considering it seems like you just put in your email address and wait 72 hours for them to "accept" your request, as if they decline anybody for the sake of quality.

Originally Posted by etd11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anybody else besides me think that Birchbox has been slacking with BB Man recently? I've been a subscriber since late 2012 and feel like they have been pushing the preview release date up a day or two month by month. The February box preview came out the day before the box shipped (1/24), which I thought was really bizarre and kind of irritating. It doesn't really make you get excited when you're going to receive the box itself just a few days after the preview (depending on your location).

Also, I feel like they've been recycling products and struggling to keep finding new items to send out. I've received the Towel Dry "Mid" styling cream twice, the Balia powder twice, and John Varvatos Artisan samples twice already. I had originally heard that BB gets their samples for free from larger companies who want people to try their products in hopes of increasing sales, but it's starting to seem like fewer new companies want to join in as the number of subscribers continues to skyrocket.

I really hope that they can rebound from what seems to be an overflow of subscribers and an underflow of new products, because if they don't, I'll probably cancel. A few friends have said the same thing, so I don't think it's just me who feels like the quality of the service, box, and company is declining. Their "request an invite" thing is also pretty f-ing pretentious considering it seems like you just put in your email address and wait 72 hours for them to "accept" your request, as if they decline anybody for the sake of quality.
I just ordered a full size Towel Dry "Mid" for my boyfriend after he sampled it a couple months ago (first time he's ever asked me for something like that!) - and I got him Balla Powder for X-Mas... he loves both of them! But even though he would probably be happy to receive those again I would certainly be annoyed by repeats! He's (well really I'VE) only been subscribed for 3 months now (I think) and so far we've both bee happy.

Side note.. can't beleive people are hating on the shoe horn - it's SO nice!

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just found this sneek peak video.. looks pretty cool! I wonder if we'll get all three of the "lifestyle" products or just one.... hope all three!!

http://blip.tv/birchboxman/sneak-peek-birchbox-man-march-2013-6537003
All 3 would be great! I hope its like last month where everyone got the same lifestyle products, and not like previous months where lifestyle products featured were only in half the boxes, and then the other half got old recycled products that they didn't receive it. I know my fiance would love all of the lifestyle products this month for sure and i hope he gets them!

Latest posts

Back