Kat Von D ALL-MATTE eyeshadow palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today Kat Von D posted a picture on Instagram revealing her new all new matte palette "Ladybird" It's gorgeous!!!!! What do you ladies think? To buy or not to buy? Definitely a BUY for me!

Wow, now that is awesome. Matte palettes are so hard to find at decent prices. Her stuff is not cheap, but it is on the lower end of the high end stuff, if that makes sense ^_~ If I can get the extra cash I will definitely pick this up, so I guess it is a maybe for me right now.

As pretty as the palette is I'm passing. Her shadows are way to delicate and break way too easy. I'll wait until it goes on clearance.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As pretty as the palette is I'm passing. Her shadows are way to delicate and break way too easy. I'll wait until it goes on clearance.
I haven't tried her stuff, but what you just said it's definitely a huge minus for me. My bf calls me dropsy... lol so yeah they wouldn't last long w  me XD

Ah, thanks Zadi, good to know.

Wow that is a must buy for me.  I love matte shadows and went on a long search to find a decent all matte pallet several months ago.  In the beginning I was iffy on Kat Von D's pallets (back when they came with lame applicators and dried up cream shadows), but ever since they were updated about a year or so ago they have been fantastic.  I use my Kat Von D Saint pallet more than my Naked pallet.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow that is a must buy for me.  I love matte shadows and went on a long search to find a decent all matte pallet several months ago.  In the beginning I was iffy on Kat Von D's pallets (back when they came with lame applicators and dried up cream shadows), but ever since they were updated about a year or so ago they have been fantastic.  I use my Kat Von D Saint pallet more than my Naked pallet.
theBalm has an amazing palette called Meet Matt (e) Nude, I was lucky enough to get it when Hautelook had it on sale, I definitely recommend it! 

Originally Posted by lovegorjess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

theBalm has an amazing palette called Meet Matt (e) Nude, I was lucky enough to get it when Hautelook had it on sale, I definitely recommend it! 
Oh thanks for the recommendation!  I ended up getting the Sonia Kashuk matte palette but am always looking for more.  For nearly two years I was telling my friends that UD seriously needed to come out with an all matte Naked pallet.  Then they (eventually) came out with Naked Basics but it is so not what I had in mind.  I always wanted pretty much the exact Naked pallet, but in matte!

I'll look in to the one you suggested :)

WANTING! I have never had an issue with her shadows being delicate. And I am all thumbs lol.

Woñderful. Still would wait for it to go on clearance since sephora usually clearances out kat Von d stuff often. Picked up a palette and the mini eyeliner set when they were on clearance. The shadows have too much fall out and are so pigmented that they keep my fingers stained for a couple of hrs. Loveeee the eyeliners though. Only complaint is the sharpening.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WANTING! I have never had an issue with her shadows being delicate. And I am all thumbs lol.
Same here.  I thought the early pallets were so-so but the most recent ones are awesome (well I only have the Saint pallet from the latest collection).  The shadows in the Saint pallet are well pigmented, super blendable, and very long lasting.  Love KVD makeup!

Originally Posted by Carmela DeJesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woñderful. Still would wait for it to go on clearance since sephora usually clearances out kat Von d stuff often. Picked up a palette and the mini eyeliner set when they were on clearance. The shadows have too much fall out and are so pigmented that they keep my fingers stained for a couple of hrs. Loveeee the eyeliners though. Only complaint is the sharpening.
I don't know how soon this would go on clearance :-/  Sephora clearanced out some of the older models of pallets like the Metal Orchestra pallet and Adora pallet, but have yet to put the latest edition of the Saint and Sinner pallets on clearance and they came out in September 2011.  Even some of the older but more popular KVD pallets like the Ludwig pallet are still full price at Sephora.

I also got the holiday eyeliner set (but got it before it went on sale *ouch*) and I love it.  Her eyeliners are great.

Originally Posted by Dianne Pham /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love all matte make up pallets! have you seen the Naked Basic? That's an all matte one!
Naked Basics isn't my thing.  When I looked at it in person the 1st 3 colors were so similar (plus I already had 1 of them).  I really wish UD came out with an all matte pallet with a variety of neutral colors; browns, grays, taupes.  It would be such a hit!

I'm leaning towards yes. The shadows look gorgeous. The purple shade, the lilac shade, the white shade, and the peach shade all look so pretty. 

Any news on when this will be out? I keep checking Sephora's site (which is the only place that sells KVD, I think), and nothing yet

A good neutral toned matte palette is stila's In the Know.  It gets regular use from me.  The only dud shade is the gray, which is patchy.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A good neutral toned matte palette is stila's In the Know.  It gets regular use from me.  The only dud shade is the gray, which is patchy.
I love Stila's pallets.  I have the In the Light, In the Moment, and In the Garden pallets and like them all.  In the Know was the only one I skipped, even though it was the one I was initially most excited about.  When I swatched it 4 of the 10 colors didn't work with my skin tone and 1 of the others I already had a good dupe for :-/  Every time I see In the Know in the store I am always so tempted, but I just can't get it to work for me and now that you mentioned that the gray is patchy it's a lost cause for me because that's one of the colors I was interested in!

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Stila's pallets.  I have the In the Light, In the Moment, and In the Garden pallets and like them all.  In the Know was the only one I skipped, even though it was the one I was initially most excited about.  When I swatched it 4 of the 10 colors didn't work with my skin tone and 1 of the others I already had a good dupe for :-/  Every time I see In the Know in the store I am always so tempted, but I just can't get it to work for me and now that you mentioned that the gray is patchy it's a lost cause for me because that's one of the colors I was interested in!
I did everything I could to make the gray shade in In the Know work, and I just couldn't.  Here is what it looked like on it's own.  It's like it skips or something, but I couldn't get smooth coverage:

What did you use as a primer? And how did you apply it? Brush, finger, sponge?

Back