Acne scarring help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have terrible acne scars. Not really like raised, red scars, but more like dent marks. I currently used Murad's acne line, and while I like it, it is not helping with my marks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use?

Here are some tips to remove acne scars. Hope it will help you.

• Do not wash face with soap and water; wash it in the morning and night with lukewarm salty water. Soap is a drying agent and may worsen the acne, whereas lukewarm salty water may help remove oils without drying the skin.
  • Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly help in healing of the scars of the acne. Aloe Vera juice can be found at most health stores.
  • Cucumber is one of the easiest and refreshing treatments used for the treatment of acne and to refresh up the skin. It makes our skin feel looking young. Blend the cucumber into a paste and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash it off.
  • Paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor) dal can be used on facial skin to treat the acne. Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the next day.
  • Tomato can also be used for the treatment of blackheads and to open the pores of the skin. Cut the tomato and rub it on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open pores and blackheads. This treatment is good particularly for oily skin.

I also have a little bit of acne scarring, and the product I used that helped me the most was Clearskin Professional Acne Mark Treatment by Avon. I think it was only between $10 - $15, too, so it was worth the try and it helped reduce acne marks on my skin quite a bit

I fight with acne scars all my life. Olive oil really helped to me, it reduces their visibility a bit. You can also use freshly squeezed lemon juice! You should apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, don`t forget to rinse.

Aloe vera juice is a good way to lighten acne scars, it reduces redness very well. I've been using aloe vera every evening for 2 months. Of course I can't say that I got rid of the scars but it has made them less noticeable. I usually mix aloe vera with some other ingredients like honey or rose water, you can find a lot of masks recipes at this page for example. You may not add other ingredients but I just don't like the smell of aloe vera ( btw I use a natural one, make it from the leaves)

And it's better not to use primer and foundation every day, because they clog your pores and can cause acne,

Dent marks would be more difficult to heal as compared to black/red scars left by acne. I have some suggestions for you though which you may want to use it as a reference.

1. If you have no budget, basically IPL or laser treatment would be the best. No matter how deep the scar is, laser treatment is effective however, multiple sessions are needed.
  2. If you are budget constraint, you can try exfoliating mask or cream. However, it would only work if your scar is not that deep, and it takes quite some time.
  3. Derma rolling can be another option if you are not afraid, if you find the right store, it would not be that expensive.

Wish you the best for your acne scar treatment.

hi there, i was suffering from bad acne scarring as well and tried all sorts of things (lemon juice, etc) but nothing really helped. it was getting me down so much, i would have to put on loads of makeup to cover it and then at the same time felt like i was hiding and not being honest. i dont know if that makes sense lol. so eventually i tried this treatment http://www.londonpremierlaser.co.uk/sublative.php (i dont know if i can post this here, but this is the recommendation i'm making cuz thats where i went) and it really helped me. i had to do a couple of sessions but in the end it was so worth it!!

Rub a few pieces of ice directly on to the areas of skin that have been affected by the scars. Ice has a soothing effect on the skin, and this helps to overcome the inflammation and hastens the healing. However, for best results, this exercise should be carried out at least 3 or 4 times a day. So this will surely help you to remove acne scar.

I also have a little bit of acne scarring, and the product I used that helped me the most was Clearskin Professional Acne Mark Treatment by Avon. I think it was only between $10 - $15, too, so it was worth the try and it helped reduce acne marks on my skin quite a bit

As if struggling through acne wasn't hard enough, it can also leave behind scars and post inflammatory erythema marks long after puberty! However, it is possible to get rid of those acne scars and marks -- you just need to find a method that works for you. Acne can be a painful and embarrassing skin condition, and the scars it leaves behind are an unwelcome reminder of that. While most acne scars will fade on their own after several months, there are certain things you can do to help speed up the process and avoid further hyper-pigmentation. You can get rid of Ance scars by using Zeroblem, which is a dermatologist-developed spot treatment designed to clear up breakouts quickly by intensively targeting and healing unsightly, sore blemishes. Formulated with advanced skin clarifying compounds that penetrate deep into pores in affected areas to remove dirt and other impurities.

I used a skin roller to get rid of my acne scars. They have tiny spikes which poke "holes" in your skin, they're so tiny there's no real damage but it is supposed to stimulate your skin so it starts healing itself, thus healing the scars. I got mine from Swiss Clinic I think, but there's heaps out there.

Use natural remedies. Applying lemon juice mixed with water 1:1 for 15 minutes of leaving it applied as a mask overnight as well. Remember to moisturize immediately after washing off the juice, as the citric acid in the lemon can be very drying on the skin. That is why I would only advice you to use this for 15-20 minutes.

Hi, I can suggest you to use aloe vera plant, as it is the most effective natural remedy to remove acne scars. You can also use turmeric. Make a paste and apply it on acne scars, it will surely lighten up the marks. If you want to go for a product then zerobelm serum works well. It gives clearer complexion, eases redness and uncomfortable inflammation, and provides professional level results without pain that can cause irritation or excessive dryness.

Latest posts

Back