Nail polish for brides

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What color are brides-to-be wearing on their wedding day?  The classic french manicure or color?

I had a french tip, but that was...holy cow...that was nearly 8 years ago...time flies when you're married to a wonderful man!

My best friend is getting married this summer. As her matron of honor and a polish-holic, I'm in charge of everyone's nails for the day. I'm thinking of doing classic french tips, but the ring finger being an accent nail. I'm torn between a french tip (as the others) accented with rhinestones across or having the base of that nail the same as what the rest of us will have (a periwinkle, to match our dresses) with a french tip. I like the idea of bringing just a touch of color into it.

For the rest of us, I thought I'd go with a periwinkle base and then let each of us choose from my stamps stash in either silver or white. So we're each the same but we each put our own personalities into it too.

I am planning to wear classic french with a twist, I've seen a picture with laced pattern combined with a french manicure, it looked awesome!

Chrysalis your ideas sound so fun and fresh.  I'm sure its going to be a hit!  Post a picture if you can after the big day.  I would love to see what you all go with!

Annabeautybox,

I love the lace patten on the nails!  Would you do the french with the lace on all the nails or just the ring finger?

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a french tip, but that was...holy cow...that was nearly 8 years ago...time flies when you're married to a wonderful man!

My best friend is getting married this summer. As her matron of honor and a polish-holic, I'm in charge of everyone's nails for the day. I'm thinking of doing classic french tips, but the ring finger being an accent nail. I'm torn between a french tip (as the others) accented with rhinestones across or having the base of that nail the same as what the rest of us will have (a periwinkle, to match our dresses) with a french tip. I like the idea of bringing just a touch of color into it.

For the rest of us, I thought I'd go with a periwinkle base and then let each of us choose from my stamps stash in either silver or white. So we're each the same but we each put our own personalities into it too.
Great ideas as mapADORE said, please post pics, if you can :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I wanted to wear OPI's sweetheart, but quick off-topic bridezilla moment story.. So my husband broke his toe at his bachelor party.. I'll leave it up to your imagination how that happened 
icon_wink.gif
 .. and I was so mad. So I spent the afternoon before my wedding with my MOH driving around complaining.. and 15 minutes before the rehearsal dinner ran into a nail shop and had them do a manicure. It was a light/bright pink. It looked alright. I kind of wish I had, had a nice manicure though because there were pictures of my hands for our album (of the rings and what not). 

Originally Posted by mapADORE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the lace patten on the nails!  Would you do the french with the lace on all the nails or just the ring finger?
I had thought about doing a lace accent nail. Using white lace over the colored base. But I did a test run and it's a good thing I did. It was one hot mess. I was really disappointed too. I had done one earlier with black lace and it looked great and pretty sexy. But the white lace just turned a kind of clear/translucent.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make it work right? It'd be fun to make 'em a little sexy on the wedding day, yeah?

Originally Posted by mapADORE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Annabeautybox,

personally I would opt for the ring finger only :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I prefer subtlety :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it depends a lot on the dress, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some really enjoy the conservative French manicure with nothing else while other really like to go for a bolder look. Some nice ideas include a basic French manicure with mini pearl or diamond accents.

Some women really enjoy the conservative French manicure with nothing else while other women really like to go for a bolder look. Some nice ideas include a basic French manicure with mini pearl or diamond accents.

Back