Two Toned Lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else diggin' on the two toned lip look? I like tha you can wear it either really subtly by using lipsticks in the same color family or more dramatic with like red and pink or pink and orange :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What do you think?

Not a fan at all.

Maybe if it were for Halloween or something...but never for everyday wear. IMHO, it looks ridiculous from the pictures you posted, and I can't imagine any combination that wouldn't.

I like two tones, but not when each lip is a separate color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think an ombre color accent in the middle of the lips is more wearable and looks just as good, if not better, while still following the two-tone trend.

44cec167a4476667477a6a77bf2483bf.jpg

Ombre-Lips.jpg

0e11cbfde5a105cf58031967b1925e2b.jpg

tumblr_mbdf39eGuy1qh70jmo1_500.jpg

tumblrmfvvfu4jbJ1rzkz37o1500.jpg

I think it is one of those things that looks cool in a still photo or on a model but is difficult to pull off in real life.

I like two tones, but not when each lip is a separate color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think an ombre color accent in the middle of the lips is more wearable and looks just as good, if not better, while still following the two-tone trend.
44cec167a4476667477a6a77bf2483bf.jpg
Ombre-Lips.jpg
0e11cbfde5a105cf58031967b1925e2b.jpg
tumblr_mbdf39eGuy1qh70jmo1_500.jpg
tumblrmfvvfu4jbJ1rzkz37o1500.jpg
I like both two-toned approaches, but I love this version more! Alas, it's not really happening for me: One of my unconscious habits is rubbing my lips together like I'm evening out my lipstick. It would end up all one color no matter what.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like both two-toned approaches, but I love this version more! Alas, it's not really happening for me: One of my unconscious habits is rubbing my lips together like I'm evening out my lipstick. It would end up all one color no matter what.
I'm guilty of the same thing! That's why I switched to lip stains, and even they don't last all day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lmao same here!!It just wouldn't work D:

I am a huge fan of the two-toned lip, I play it quite subtly for a street look, (like the red/pink combo pic above). I remember doing a creative in the mid-late 90's with a two-toned lip, and everyone thought I was cra-zy. Mind you, it was two separate colours... Like page5 has already mentioned, not only is it difficult to pull off in real life, it's also difficult to do in an editorial or creative, that's why you only see the lips and not the whole face in most pics.

Here is another one with orange and pink. There is the picture of twiggy so it's not exactly a new trend. I think if you do it with two colors in the same color family (red and a slightly darker red) it would be wearable! Also, clean simple eyes. Neutral color like skin tone, liner and mascara that's it.

I like this look the best in terms of two toned looks. While it's a cool thing for ads, I don't know what kind of looks it would get you on the street - probably more of a club or party thing than a "wear to the grocery store" look :)

I've found some looks I really love with pretty lips for spring on the 77Looks iPhone app. Where are you all getting new makeup ideas to keep it fresh?

I think as long as you keep it simple it's something you can totally rock during the day. I get a lot of inspiration from Runways, pinterest and other sources. I'm a creative person so I'm always attracted to the weird, different and interesting. To me it's beautiful! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think as long as you keep it simple it's something you can totally rock during the day. I get a lot of inspiration from Runways, pinterest and other sources. I'm a creative person so I'm always attracted to the weird, different and interesting. To me it's beautiful! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am like that too. Never loose that. Seriously, never loose it... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I love this! For my work I could totally get away with a toned down version of this, like above, maybe an ombre version of it, but still...LOVE

Back