-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Need help for peeling skin around fingernails!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 9 OFFLINE   Olivia23

Olivia23

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05
Reviews

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:13 AM

Every winter I have this problem with my skin around my fingernails. The skin gets extremely dry, cracks and peels. What can I do about this? My mom has the same problem also. I always use hand lotion all the time, all year round, especially after I wash my hands. Any suggestions?

#Post 2 of 9 OFFLINE   greeneyedangel

greeneyedangel

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Joined 31-August 05
Reviews

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:40 AM

How about a cuticle oil?

#Post 3 of 9 OFFLINE   Olivia23

Olivia23

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 07-December 05
Reviews

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

thanks for the suggestions. i'll give them a try.

#Post 4 of 9 OFFLINE   SewAmazing

SewAmazing

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
Reviews

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:32 AM

I have this problem too. I use rubber gloves when I have to work in water (cleaning, washing dishes etc). I also rub oil/lotion around my cuticles and massage it in, after hand or hair washing, bathing etc.
OuterWear Designer. Eyeshadow challenged... Totally obsessed with diet iced tea...

#Post 5 of 9 OFFLINE   bebexkhmergrl

bebexkhmergrl

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Joined 27-August 05
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:54 PM

I have this problem, but it's not just during the winter it's year round. Possibly due to genetics of some sort... I suggest purchasing a good cuticle oil or softener and massaging it daily. Another tip would be is to apply cuticle product before you go to bed then sleeping with cotton mittens. (This also works when you apply hand lotion for softer hands in the morning) :) ps: Some hand soaps can be very drying, so I recommend carrying travel-sized hand lotions or cuticle product.

#Post 6 of 9 OFFLINE   Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

Vaseline will also help. Rub any emollient lotion rubbed into nails and surrounding skin a few times a day, and before bed. Be careful about pushing back cutilcles - use a wooden stick or q tip so that you aren't too rough with them.

#Post 7 of 9 OFFLINE   yourleoqueen

yourleoqueen

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 02-September 05
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I have the driest hands in the winter! It also doesn't help that I am a hand washing fanatic. It got really bad recently, my hands were so chapped they cracked and bleed. I started using a thick layer of Creamy Petroleum Jelly then a layer of Vaseline I put vinyl or latex gloves on, then cotton gloves. After about 2 weeks of that, my hands no longer look like the Crypt Keepers. I had to do that all day every day for the first few days, then just at night. Works wonders.

#Post 8 of 9 OFFLINE   Venezia

Venezia

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-April 07
Reviews

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

Cuticle oil and a good handcream will really help dry cuticles. I have excessively dry skin too, so I make sure that my hands dont come into contact with any detergents/cleaning products ... I always wear rubber gloves. Use the cuticle oil last thing at night, keep it on your bedside table, so you'll remember. It will take a while to show results but you will get them ... it sure works for me. Hth.

#Post 9 of 9 OFFLINE   iKilledtheDevel

iKilledtheDevel

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12
Reviews

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Cuticle oil, is a good choice but so many products have unwanted chemicals that may damage cell growth in skin and nails over time. 

Try this, its what i did!!

-Buy a grapefruit extract oil, take the dropper and drop about ten drops in 4tblspoons water- (to dilute) -Then soak finger tips for about fifteen min- twenty min a day. ;)

works for me, may even work for you, who knows we are all different.