-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

New Food Box - Treatsie

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 13 OFFLINE   Dayo Steph

Dayo Steph

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've been following the kickstarter for this one for a while, to see if they got funded, and looks like they did. It's a "Candy of the month" box, with a bunch of artisan, local goodies shipped.  I signed up for a 1 month trial. I'm not sure I'll want that many sweets coming in each month, but it sounds like a nice treat!  They shipped to kickstarters in April and then subscribers start in May. 

http://www.treatsie.com/

#Post 2 of 13 OFFLINE   kayess

kayess

Kara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Joined 16-December 12
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ooh thank you for this! Will be checking it out. :)

#Post 3 of 13 OFFLINE   Alexia561

Alexia561

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 06-March 13
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I signed up for this today, as the first box looked amazing! Looking forward to seeing what we receive!

#Post 4 of 13 OFFLINE   Rach212

Rach212

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 31-August 12
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Tempting, but our weather has already hit mid 80 degree temps ... and all that yummy chocolate ....   I don't think my treats would be in very good condition by the time I get home from work!  I will watch it though, this could be a winter sub for me.  :)

#Post 5 of 13 OFFLINE   Dayo Steph

Dayo Steph

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rach212 View Post

Tempting, but our weather has already hit mid 80 degree temps ... and all that yummy chocolate ....   I don't think my treats would be in very good condition by the time I get home from work!  I will watch it though, this could be a winter sub for me.  :)

I think they'd have to send it with cold packs? Otherwise a candy sub doesn't make a lot of sense, the artistry would get destroyed. I'll report back once I get my first box. :)

#Post 6 of 13 OFFLINE   Lindalk

Lindalk

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 14-July 12
Reviews

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

I just subscribed to this. Looks wonderful, it says it comes in radiant cool packs for the summer months.

#Post 7 of 13 OFFLINE   Alexia561

Alexia561

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 06-March 13
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Two types of caramel, key lime hard candy, vanilla and watermelon taffy, and almond nougats.

Received my July box! No chocolate this month due to the heat, so a little sad. But still...candy!!! 

#Post 8 of 13 OFFLINE   kayess

kayess

Kara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Joined 16-December 12
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alexia561 View Post

Two types of caramel, key lime hard candy, vanilla and watermelon taffy, and almond nougats.

Received my July box! No chocolate this month due to the heat, so a little sad. But still...candy!!! 

Yum! Looks amazing!!

#Post 9 of 13 OFFLINE   Hellocat4

Hellocat4

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I am going to cancel love with food for this- I just decided. Are there any coupon codes?

#Post 10 of 13 OFFLINE   Dayo Steph

Dayo Steph

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 View Post

I am going to cancel love with food for this- I just decided. Are there any coupon codes?

Check their facebook maybe? I haven't seen any codes recently.  I'm holding out hope that once the weather cools off we'll get chocolate. The caramels were delish though. 

#Post 11 of 13 OFFLINE   Alexia561

Alexia561

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 06-March 13
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 View Post

I haven't seen any codes yet, but they just updated their website so they might have something in the works down the road?

#Post 12 of 13 OFFLINE   PsyDivaES

PsyDivaES

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

I got my first Treatsie box yesterday. I am in love! Since they've already posted the contents on their website I won't bother with a spoiler. Let me just first say that you NEED watermelon infused caramel in your life - just trust me on this one, they are SOOO good. 😉 The only issue I had was that despite Treatsie's valiant attempt to insulate and keep the box cool (eg refrigerator pack and Insulated bubble wrap) the box was hot to the touch, and the chocolate bar was melted (not oozing out or anything, but definitely melted). Not a big deal to me, it's darn hot in SoCal right now and my mail sits in the sun in a lovely metal hotbox through the heat of the day, so i don't think there's any way around it. I stuck it in the fridge to harden back up, but I know that the taste and consistency won't be quite the same. I got the s'mores flavored one and I can't wait to try it. I will definitely be keeping this sub for a while!
Check out my blog: mommy-daze.com

#Post 13 of 13 OFFLINE   SamhopeM

SamhopeM

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 17-August 13
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

I still have not gotten mine and according to the shipping notice I got from them it should have been here by today. I am worried the chocolate will be soup by the time it gets here.