New Food Box - Treatsie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been following the kickstarter for this one for a while, to see if they got funded, and looks like they did. It's a "Candy of the month" box, with a bunch of artisan, local goodies shipped.  I signed up for a 1 month trial. I'm not sure I'll want that many sweets coming in each month, but it sounds like a nice treat!  They shipped to kickstarters in April and then subscribers start in May. 

http://www.treatsie.com/

I signed up for this today, as the first box looked amazing! Looking forward to seeing what we receive!

Tempting, but our weather has already hit mid 80 degree temps ... and all that yummy chocolate ....   I don't think my treats would be in very good condition by the time I get home from work!  I will watch it though, this could be a winter sub for me.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tempting, but our weather has already hit mid 80 degree temps ... and all that yummy chocolate ....   I don't think my treats would be in very good condition by the time I get home from work!  I will watch it though, this could be a winter sub for me.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think they'd have to send it with cold packs? Otherwise a candy sub doesn't make a lot of sense, the artistry would get destroyed. I'll report back once I get my first box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just subscribed to this. Looks wonderful, it says it comes in radiant cool packs for the summer months.

Two types of caramel, key lime hard candy, vanilla and watermelon taffy, and almond nougats.
Received my July box! No chocolate this month due to the heat, so a little sad. But still...candy!!! 
yay.gif

Originally Posted by Alexia561 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Two types of caramel, key lime hard candy, vanilla and watermelon taffy, and almond nougats.
Received my July box! No chocolate this month due to the heat, so a little sad. But still...candy!!! 
yay.gif
Yum! Looks amazing!!

I am going to cancel love with food for this- I just decided. Are there any coupon codes?

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to cancel love with food for this- I just decided. Are there any coupon codes?
Check their facebook maybe? I haven't seen any codes recently.  I'm holding out hope that once the weather cools off we'll get chocolate. The caramels were delish though. 

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen any codes yet, but they just updated their website so they might have something in the works down the road?

I got my first Treatsie box yesterday. I am in love! Since they've already posted the contents on their website I won't bother with a spoiler. Let me just first say that you NEED watermelon infused caramel in your life - just trust me on this one, they are SOOO good. 😉 The only issue I had was that despite Treatsie's valiant attempt to insulate and keep the box cool (eg refrigerator pack and Insulated bubble wrap) the box was hot to the touch, and the chocolate bar was melted (not oozing out or anything, but definitely melted). Not a big deal to me, it's darn hot in SoCal right now and my mail sits in the sun in a lovely metal hotbox through the heat of the day, so i don't think there's any way around it. I stuck it in the fridge to harden back up, but I know that the taste and consistency won't be quite the same. I got the s'mores flavored one and I can't wait to try it. I will definitely be keeping this sub for a while!

I still have not gotten mine and according to the shipping notice I got from them it should have been here by today. I am worried the chocolate will be soup by the time it gets here.

Back